About unused GW2 keys

About unused GW2 keys

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

Hello,
With the recent announcements of core game going free-to-play, two keys that I bought during 10€ sale might be pointless. I have initially bought those keys for my friends, but due to real-life activities they were yet unable to play the game (they haven’t even registered accounts).
I would like to ask if there is really no way to refund those 2 purchases as they were never used and core game being free-to-play? Or I should use these as alt accounts or give them to my friends to make their game full?
Thanks in advance!

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

About unused GW2 keys

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Give them to your friends so that they can have full accounts! The restrictions on F2P are reasonably lax, but they’re still restrictions. I’m sure your friends will appreciate it when they have the time to play.

About unused GW2 keys

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Also, there is a time limit on when you could get a refund. Pretty sure it’s 30 days. At least with a full account, they would like it more. Or having alt accounts is nice too.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

About unused GW2 keys

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Also, there is a time limit on when you could get a refund. Pretty sure it’s 30 days. At least with a full account, they would like it more. Or having alt accounts is nice too.

I think if they’re just unsure keys though Anet might be fine refunding them. OP hasn’t used the keys to create accounts yet I think.

About unused GW2 keys

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I think if they’re just unsure keys though Anet might be fine refunding them. OP hasn’t used the keys to create accounts yet I think.

Anet still have limits on refunds though. They haven’t sold just the base game in a really long time (seeing as they removed it when they started selling HoT) most likely to remove this issue.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

About unused GW2 keys

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Hello,
With the recent announcements of core game going free-to-play, two keys that I bought during 10€ sale might be pointless. I have initially bought those keys for my friends, but due to real-life activities they were yet unable to play the game (they haven’t even registered accounts).
I would like to ask if there is really no way to refund those 2 purchases as they were never used and core game being free-to-play? Or I should use these as alt accounts or give them to my friends to make their game full?
Thanks in advance!

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

You bought fully unlocked games. Now your friends could start F2P accounts but when they start to chaff at the F2P restrictions, you can give them a full account.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

About unused GW2 keys

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

Thanks for the feedback! I might hold these keys until my friends decide that they like this game. Or even better, give them Heart of Thorns (if they really liked the game) and use those keys as alt accounts.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

About unused GW2 keys

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The $10 accounts were the best deal ever offered. By simply selling your login rewards, each $10 account can generate $10 worth of gems in about 2 months. If you ever planned on buying gems, the $10 accounts were a far better deal.

About unused GW2 keys

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The $10 accounts were the best deal ever offered. By simply selling your login rewards, each $10 account can generate $10 worth of gems in about 2 months. If you ever planned on buying gems, the $10 accounts were a far better deal.

^^ This .. better create the accounts earlier than later so you can start collecting
your daily rewards before ANet decides to change them maybe.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.