Accepting 1 copper from gold sellers?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Incendia.6725

Incendia.6725

Hi, so I was cleaning out my mailbox because it became full, and I noticed that a gold seller had sent me 1 copper. I tried to delete the mail but you cannot delete mail with items or money that has not been retrieved yet, so I accepted the money and deleted the mail. I later went on to tell my guildies of this peculiar tale, and they told me that Anet could track money sent and recieved by mail. They hinted, or it may have been my over-active imagination, that I would be banned for accepting this money.
Is this true? I mean I understand that someone accepting large sums of money would be banned, but they only sent me 1 copper!
Have Anet set up a system to automatically ban those who accept money, no matter how small, from gold sellers?

Many Thanks

Posted by: raveparade.7582

raveparade.7582

Take the copper then delete the mail, I had this confirmation from a GM that its the way to do it untill they find a perma fix for it.

Hello,

Yes take the copper if you would like to delete the mail.

Much regards, we look forward to resolving this issue.
[GM] xxxxxxxxxx
The Guild Wars 2 Support Team

Posted by: bullets.4768

bullets.4768

I was just about to post the exact same thing!

Yep I was/am worried about this too. I’ve been reporting each and every single
Gold Farmer spam I’ve received and also every time they spam the map chat.

The other night I reported two mails I got and I noticed I could not delete the mails
until I accepted 1 copper. I had no choice but to accept the coin as it would not let
me delete the mail until I did.

Looks like a sneaky attempt at gold farmers to prevent people from reporting them
in the hopes people may not by accepting the coin.

~B

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

ArenaNet have said it is ok to accept it, but you must make sure you report the mail as well.

Posted by: Marmalade.9750

Marmalade.9750

I bet most farmers learnt from this very forum that emails with gold in them cannot be deleted. Anyway, this is really unpleasant especially for the feint hearted who are worried not to be mistaken for scammers and gold buyers. Maybe the developers can consider allowing us to delete game mail with items/gold in them?

Posted by: raveparade.7582

raveparade.7582

ArenaNet have said it is ok to accept it, but you must make sure you report the mail as well.

What Renegadeimp said, make sure you report!

Posted by: Incendia.6725

Incendia.6725

Anyway, this is really unpleasant especially for the feint hearted who are worried not to be mistaken for scammers and gold buyers. Maybe the developers can consider allowing us to delete game mail with items/gold in them?

I would hate for my exotic gear to be deleted just by a misclick. Though obviously if you allow mail which contains under 50c to be deleted that could be a solution.
I’m sure those that worry enough can just go onto the forums and ask about it, much like I did.
I’m glad Anet are on the ball with this and have issued a statement! And relieved that I’m not in any trouble x)

Posted by: hoeppy.4567

hoeppy.4567

I didn’t received a gold seller mail with copper in it, yet, but I was always annoyed that the mail wasn’t auto-deleted when I reported it. So, why not just delete the mail when reported regardless of it’s content.
I think that’d solve the issue.

Posted by: Asmodaus.1028

Asmodaus.1028

If you are unsure about accepting the 1 copper from the gold sellers/spammers. There is a “return to sender” button that sends whatever the sender mailed you. Thats what i did, then i reported it, then deleted the mail

-No mercy for the weak, No pity for the dying, No tears for the slain- /-\S/\/\()|)/-\|_|S
-Often Imitated But Never Duplicated-

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi Incendia.

As the other players have correctly pointed out, you can just accept the copper or return the email to the sender. In any case you can delete the email and report the fellow who sent that to you.

I will proceed now to close this thread.