Access restored [Incident: 130921-001149]?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mister zeeRo.8561

Mister zeeRo.8561

…Long story short : I just got back from a trip abroad.

I left on the 6th and came back the 20th to an account banned for botting.

After weeping for a good 15 mins and going through the 5 stages of the Kübler-Ross model…

…Ive decided to start taking measures to recover my account.

and a couple minutes before I started writing this post, thanks to anet support staff…

I GOT MY ACCOUNT BACK !! AWWWW YEEEE…wait a minute…

why are most of my characters naked ? :’(

I’ve not only been hacked, banned, but also robbed.

this makes me a sad panda.

Please roll back my account to the 6th of september,

seriously… help a player out.

Unlocking Traits is a Nightmare since April 2014
One year & 90+ pages of outcry later : NOTHING

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

…Long story short : I just got back from a trip abroad.

I left on the 6th and came back the 20th to an account banned for botting.

After weeping for a good 15 mins and going through the 5 stages of the Kübler-Ross model…

…Ive decided to start taking measures to recover my account.

and a couple minutes before I started writing this post, thanks to anet support staff…

I GOT MY ACCOUNT BACK !! AWWWW YEEEE…wait a minute…

why are most of my characters naked ? :’(

I’ve not only been hacked, banned, but also robbed.

this makes me a sad panda.

Please roll back my account to the 6th of september,

seriously… help a player out.

You will need to update your ticket and request an Account Restoration. Customer Support are the only ones that can help you with that. Good luck.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi,

I’m glad you got access back. To get an account restoration you first need to realise that this service is only given to you one time.

This means I would advise you to review your online security. Hackers know this and if you don’t get yourself safe again, they wait and stay low till you got a restoration and rob you for the second time. So do a full security sweep of your computer is step one.

After that please update your original support ticket with a request for account restoration. Support will help you further with getting things secure and after that help you with restoring your account.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Mister zeeRo.8561

thanks for the swift answers guys.

where exactly can i find this “account restoration” tab ?

I did : Support => ask a question => account hacked => explained what i just explained in my original post.

are those the correct steps to take in order to reach the customer support area ?

Mister zeeRo.8561

Hi,

I’m glad you got access back. To get an account restoration you first need to realise that this service is only given to you one time.

This means I would advise you to review your online security. Hackers know this and if you don’t get yourself safe again, they wait and stay low till you got a restoration and rob you for the second time. So do a full security sweep of your computer is step one.

After that please update your original support ticket with a request for account restoration. Support will help you further with getting things secure and after that help you with restoring your account.

Im so paranoid now :/

I use the free versions of AVG (anti virus) and AdvancedSystemCare (malware + addware) … I’ve never got hacked before on any other games and lets just say that Im a pixel pleasure addict…

any advice on how to improve my security ?

mercury ranique.2170

Thanks for being paranoid. It sounds harsh, but you need that to check things and it shows you are taking it serious

I think it would be wise to let AVG and the other one do a manual scan of your system. Also I can recommend to use a second malware detection program to do a one time sweep: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
(you can remove it afterwards)

If that all turns out nothing I’m reasonable sure your computer is secure. make sure for the rest you use an unique and strong password for gw2. Do not use that password for anything else (I trust the people that come to my home more then potential hackers, so I got mine written down). Make sure your password is strong (so long enough and complex enough and make sure it has nothing to do with geek/game/fantasy/anime related things).

Last of all use the two way authentication. The mobile app is a very usefull tool. When you use that app and log in form a strange location you do not recieve an email, but instead the game asks for a code. this code is generated by that app on your mobile phone. Cause the two devices are separate it is very secure.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

thanks for the swift answers guys.

where exactly can i find this “account restoration” tab ?

I did : Support => ask a question => account hacked => explained what i just explained in my original post.

are those the correct steps to take in order to reach the customer support area ?

Generally you just update the original ticket and ask for an account restoration.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Mister zeeRo.8561

Customer Songwei Zhao via CSS Web 09/22/2013 07:30 PM
Dear and Beloved Eddy

PLZ Roll me back , thank you, I understand about the TP and Guild Losses

septembre 5th is absolutely fine.
Response Eddy via Email 09/22/2013 06:12 PM
Hello Songwei Zhao,

I appreciate your patience during my investigation. After checking the game logs, I found that your account login was compromised recently. I recommend that you immediately scan your computer for viruses as this intrusion may have been caused by a keylogger being downloaded onto your computer. Make sure your anti-virus software is up to date before running full scans of your computer. Immediately after the scans are completed, change the passwords for your Guild Wars 2 and e-mail accounts.

Regarding your items and characters, we often are able to restore compromised accounts. You should know, however, that an account restoration will result in the loss of any progress you’ve made since regaining access to your account. If we restore your account, it will be returned to its state on Septiembre 5, 2013. Achievements, accomplishments, and items acquired since regaining access to your account will be lost, but you will regain the items and gold that were taken in the compromise. In addition, characters that were deleted during the compromise incident also will be restored. Please note that we are unable to recover any losses you may have suffered in your guild or on the trading post.

If this is something you would like for us to do, please update this ticket confirming you would like an account restoration and we’ll get started. Please respond promptly, because the specific restoration date we offered you will not be available indefinitely.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY EDDY !

HE WHO HAS THE POWERS TO BEND THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM BUT NOT THE ONE THAT AFFECT TRADING POST COIN AND ITEMS !!!

HE WHO’s RECOVERING MY BELOVED ACCOUNT 4 lvl 80s with ascended gear 1 lvl 18 Charr left untouched by the chubby hacker fingers , my hard earned 80+gold coins and all the trash i cant get rid of because im like a bum with a shopping cart !!!

HE WHO ACTUALLY WENT COLUMBO ON THE CASE AND CLAIM BACK MY HONOUR AND PROPRETY !!!

I SHALL SING PRAISE ABOUT YOU MY GOOD SIRE, YOUR POWERS EXCEED THE ONES THEY CALL GODS… i mean…

now I just have to wait until doc sends me back to TEH 5th of Septiembre !!!
MUY BIEN AQUI SOY MUY FELIZ CON ESTE ARRIBA !!!

MUCHAS GRACIAS SENOR

god my spanish is horribad…

I’ve taken measures now :

My new password is like bazillion characters long, it has CAPITALS symbols AND numbers…

I got that google authentication thingy thingy…

…and yeah i got malware thingy and AVG updated and ran a fullscan and nothing came out red…

what else can i do ?

mercury ranique.2170

what else can i do ?

I think you got things covered. Just a small addition. Do you have any clue how they did it. Was your password weak? did you use it on different website?? Did you click on one of them phising mails?

Soemtimes you’ll never know, but understanding what went wrong helps a lot with preventing.

Mister zeeRo.8561

your guess is as good as mine… if not better…

Im a fairly regular player since i manage to check in 1000+ hours since the end of february…

each time i had my router reset i’d get that email with the link to confirm connection from a different IP

I wouldnt say my password was weak… It had capitals , numbers , symbols… I never got hacked before this for any other game…

I’m a 30yr old man child with pixel addiction that goes waaAAaaay back so i know better than to click on suspicious emails…

…I guess my password wasnt strong enough :/

know its something i must note on a piece of paper because i’ll never remember this one…

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’m glad we could get you back on your account. As to how and why, a weak password, or a password used in other places that may have been compromised, is the most common cause of a hack. If you are confident your computer and e-mail are secure, you should be fine with that (complex, unique) password reset.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet