Account Hacked? Permanently Banned? Post here! [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dezzil.9736

Dezzil.9736

Could be a hacker, or you misused the karma exploit extensively (over 50 items bought with the exploit to resell)

I was permanently banned before the karma exploit.

Posted by: Shakkles.7809

Shakkles.7809

Oh we’re being “helped” already. You’re helping all of us to understand that apparently ArenaNet (for whatever reason) can’t tell the difference between a player logging in from home and logging in from the other side of the Earth.

ghasp

And of course this is just me speculating because hey, I’m apparently not even worthy of knowing WHY the hell I was permabanned in the first place having barely even played it, crafted 2 items and never sold anything to anyone.

Posted by: DABhand.2079

DABhand.2079

I was led to believe the exploit was around for quite a while.

Posted by: Iordgonz.1352

Iordgonz.1352

So the Messed up thing happen Just now. My brother log into his account and to his surprise i was log on so he came out of his room as ask me if im log on.

obviously someone was playing on my account.

if you guys see my character running around please report him.
Server: Darkhaven
Character Name: Eth Qur

I’m furious right now and i cant even do a thing about it.

Posted by: Dezzil.9736

Dezzil.9736

I was led to believe the exploit was around for quite a while.

Then, I was banned before I knew about any exploit

Shakkles.7809

It isn’t foreigners playing around on your character. If your character’s location is “unknown” it means GMs are in your account doing God knows what. Poking around, sipping coffee. For hours and hours and hours and nothing is being demonstrably done.

Posted by: pimpizle.5791

pimpizle.5791

Shakkles, You must be uninformed as to what exactly could cause you to become permabanned and/or hacked. Anet has in place a FREE security email that informs the original email account holder that someone from another IP is accessing the account.. They have an email verification that literally requires you to click the link given with the email address you setup with the account. This happened to me because my IP renewed and I had to re-verify. Blizzard and Bioware and most other MMO companies make you pay for extra security. I would suggest you read the entire security forum or support FAQ before coming on here and opening your mouth and misleading the rest of the community.

Posted by: ferinkmb.5690

ferinkmb.5690

I am posting on behalf of a friend because his EMAIL/ACCOUNT name was changed without his authorization. Therefore, he is unable to log in to even check the status of his account (whether he is now banned or not based on the actions of whoever took his account) nor can he even log into the forums to discuss this matter!

Ticket Numbers:
120906-009517 — first one
120906-009358 — updated ticket

ferinkmb.5690

I cant be the only one who’s email has been change without my authorization.

You’re not alone, friend. ANet seriously needs a security measure in place to stop such changes without any sort of authorization, be it e-mail or other.

Posted by: Trangus.4730

Trangus.4730

Issue#: 120903-013645

My friends account (phlesh.1674) was hacked. He posted here under softkitty already (his wifes account), and it looks like you sent him a reset password link. However, that requires a serial code, and since I prepurchased it online from this site for him and he doesnt have his email (he does not keep serial codes in emails), he can’t reset it. How would he go about getting his original email sent to him or getting his serial code?

The site doesnt show any type of order history or the like, so if that email is ever gone for any reason, you are just out of luck it would seem and down the cost of the game. His Issue was 120903-012740 and his email is phleshdef@hotmail.com.

Posted by: traxxis.2964

traxxis.2964

Ok im now going on 4 days of being banned for this hacking issue. Maybe this was my fault for using a poor password but im beyond that now and would love to begin playing again tonight.

Anyone had theirs resolved yet? How long did it take and how did they resolve it?

Please Resolve this for me Asap..Ticket# 120907-007721

Posted by: Bullets.3795

Bullets.3795

I’m writing this as my friends account was hacked in the past week. Hes unable to log into the main site but hes able to log into support functon.
I’m just writing this to try and flag his ticket up incase the support funcion does not supeceed the acutal log on.
The ticket number is 120906-004479 for the first ticket and he created to report the account hacked or disabled a second ticket under the q&a section 120906-004508 was put on as i saw someone logged onto his account farming events.
The account name was helloste@hotmail.com.
Hes not able to log on to post for him self so im doing it on his bahalf he just wanted to know if the ticket will be seen or can be altered by the person whos hacked the account assuming the support ticket and the account log on are 2 different things.

Shakkles.7809

Ok im now going on 4 days of being banned for this hacking issue. Maybe this was my fault for using a poor password but im beyond that now and would love to begin playing again tonight.

Anyone had theirs resolved yet? How long did it take and how did they resolve it?

There is no such thing as having a password so weak that you deserve to be banned from a game you literally just bought. It’s inexcusable.

Posted by: Dailyhero.5279

Dailyhero.5279

Arenanet,

My account has been hacked/permanetly banned since Sept 1st. I opened a support ticket on the same day.

Incident 120901-028754.

I changed my password and authenticated my e-mail according to the instructions provided.
I would like to enjoy this game this weekend.

Thank you

Shakkles.7809

Shakkles, You must be uninformed as to what exactly could cause you to become permabanned and/or hacked. Anet has in place a FREE security email that informs the original email account holder that someone from another IP is accessing the account.. They have an email verification that literally requires you to click the link given with the email address you setup with the account. This happened to me because my IP renewed and I had to re-verify. Blizzard and Bioware and most other MMO companies make you pay for extra security. I would suggest you read the entire security forum or support FAQ before coming on here and opening your mouth and misleading the rest of the community.

Oh I should, should I? How about the fact that I still don’t even known WHY I’m banned? How about the fact that I played the game for mere hours, never got a single email from ArenaNet, no warnings, no nothing and them WHAM banned with zero reason given.

I don’t HAVE to do anything except sit here in limbo and be angry that such a thing can even happen in 2012, while waiting on some kind of resolution night after night.

pimpizle.5791

There is no such thing as having a password so weak that you deserve to be banned from a game you literally just bought. It’s inexcusable.

You do realize that they ban the account to prevent further damage to the account right? Would you be more upset about your account online playing without you wanting it to or that your account is banned and preventing further damage. Take your anger else where you are not helping the issue at hand.

Posted by: SenorPez.1568

SenorPez.1568

“We’re resolving prioritized hacked account tickets within 72 hours.”

Guild Wars 2: Join the MMO Revolution!
Get banned for no reason at all!
Endure customer service that’s both slow and unhelpful!

pimpizle.5791

Oh I should, should I? How about the fact that I still don’t even known WHY I’m banned? How about the fact that I played the game for mere hours, never got a single email from ArenaNet, no warnings, no nothing and them WHAM banned with zero reason given.

I don’t HAVE to do anything except sit here in limbo and be angry that such a thing can even happen in 2012, while waiting on some kind of resolution night after night.

Again, READ the state of the game wiki website. You would know WHY you did not get an email. They JUST put this into the process of security for accounts. Stop complaining about your mistake. I have never been hacked through Guild Wars 1, World of Warcraft, SWTOR, and now GW2. There is a reason why I have not, I have difficult passwords and I do not go to questionable sites or have vulnerabilities on my computer. I also regularly check for spyware, malware, and virus as well as key-loggers. I know you are angry, but you are not going to get your account any faster. Chillax.

Posted by: Bluewolf.3812

Bluewolf.3812

Since this is a new thread so I am posting my details again;

Ticket Ref No. 120903-004993

Account hacked on 3rd September, early in the morning around 4:30 am , ticket submitted few mins later at 4:57am .

Ticket is properly prioritised with all the required info as per hacked account ticket instructions.

Thanks

Posted by: Geokin.4073

Geokin.4073

My account has been “terminated” since the 1st of September

ticket number 120905-010663(original ticket 120901-005210)

i made another one as per the info on the game status update post about hacked accounts.

Pleas help me out with this, im getting tired of not playing a great game, and my friends have moved server and i would like to get back on before the free server changes are no longer free.

Posted by: Naz.7256

Naz.7256

So my account was hacked, and I’ve re-secured it, but I still can’t play on it because it says my account has been permanently disabled. What do I do from here?

Posted by: curlyappleby.2507

curlyappleby.2507

my account has been permanently banned and i didn’t do anything i have submitted a ticket and have been waiting a week. am starting to get annoyed at lack of help and support because this was hardly a cheap game to buy!!

pimpizle.5791

I know everyone is upset and some are patiently waiting for their accounts to be returned, but keep in mind that even if you can change your account password, they have to verify you are the actual owner of the account. They ban said accounts that got hacked to prevent further damage and to discourage the hacker from keeping this account info for future purposes. Once your ticket comes up in the line, they will contact you to verify you are the owner and try to get your account back. They won’t ban you for no reason and make you buy another copy. I hope this helps a little, but they have so many accounts that have been hacked it is not funny. This is one of the worse I have seen for hackers attacking a game. It seems hackers had been planning this for years and gathering data. I would suggest making a series of 3-4 secure passwords you can use for different games, bank accounts, emails, so on.

Posted by: Tyrraeth.7683

Tyrraeth.7683

Hacked Account – banned for RMT spam.
Ticket created 8/27 – approx 288 hrs (12 days) old.
#: 120828-003070
Heading: “Logged out – and am banned? Error code: 45:6:3:2114”

I don’t believe my ticket is correctly prioritized. It is recently and correctly re-updated with all required information as of 9/7, approx 5:50pm CDT

Edit: More recent user-update.

Reference# 120828-00307
Date Created: 08/27/2012
RESOLVED 9/9, 3:32pm

(edited by Tyrraeth.7683)

SenorPez.1568

“All tickets will be resolved within 72 hours.”

Posted by: Hehegiggles.7546

Hehegiggles.7546

Its been just over 6 days now (154 hours now) since i posted my original ticket about my account being hacked. I’ve gotten no response but the automated response asking if i posted everything (Game CD key, email it was registered under and display name) and it seems as if I’m being looked over? i spent $80 dollars on this game and played in every single beta that was public. Over 30 hours within the few days that i got to play and everything is just gone now. Will i ever get a response?

Shakkles.7809

It IS a huge joke isn’t it.

It’s pretty much like, “What is the point of even having a chat system if it’s policed to the criteria used in third-grade classrooms.”

Just do away with your chat system entirely and give all of these people their accounts back.

Posted by: HOODABOODA.7435

HOODABOODA.7435

I have not been able to play for a whole week now….Permanently Banned?! I have not written more than 2 sentences in this game, and both were simple, clean questions. Still trying to get back in!

Posted by: siboldi.4183

siboldi.4183

hi QQ

My account has been hacked/permanetly banned since 29/08/12

[Incident: 120905-003595]?
[Incident: 120901-007463]?

Posted by: behar.1508

behar.1508

Postin for a friend. He’s still waiting for a reply.
120901-015581
Updated
09/01/2012

Posted by: Degenetron.4391

Degenetron.4391

So my account was hacked and all my characters were deleted. What’s weird is that my crafting materials, guild stash, gold, and gems were untouched.

I hear that rollbacks will be possible in the future, but not at this moment. Can I create a new character in the meantime or will they be lost when the rollback happens? Are the rollbacks account based or character based?

Thanks

Posted by: Sslick.7106

Sslick.7106

Thanks for the help Support, but the email you guys sent requested me to do the recovery, which I have already done and it did not work. I posted my Email, 25 digit code, and a character on my account, but when I click verify it pops up at the top saying
“There is an error contact Support”

ferinkmb.5690

Update:

Posting for friend.

Ticket Numbers:
120906-009517 — first one
120906-009358 — updated ticket

My friend received an email from support with a link to the account recovery (https://account.guildwars2.com/recovery)

That’s great and all, but HE CAN’T USE IT BECAUSE THEY CHANGED HIS EMAIL/ACCOUNT NAME TO SOMETHING UNKNOWN TO HIM. He does not need to change his password, which is what the recovery is used for!

They also closed his ticket and called it resolved.

…seriously?

Sslick.7106

Hacked Account – [Incident: 120906-006807]

SenorPez.1568

Their solution to my RMT-banned account was to change my password. Gee, thanks. Now I can get to the incomplete error screen using my new unique password instead of the old unique password.

Sslick.7106

Ya, I had posted under another guys post telling them I had tried the recovery, but it did not work for me then a few minutes later I got an email telling me to try the recovery so I tried again and got the same error

Posted by: pixie.8491

pixie.8491

Pretty much the same here – was was pretty excited to see a response to my ticket from “Lance” but it seems he never read the ticket (I realize it’s prob an automated response, but seriously, it now has a name generated)

The e-mail was exactly the same as the auto reply going out today when you make a ticket. None of this works however if you have had your e-mail changed on you.

Again, because maybe it’ll help:

Using my wife’s account – Ticket 120906-004893

E-mail was changed without permission (though it was nice you sent me an e-mail when it happened)

“Someone -hopefully you!- has requested to change the email address associated with your Guild Wars account.
Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.
Thanks!
-The ArenaNet Team”

Is there a way to make this self help address this issue or am I waiting in line? Because under “update account settings” it looks like it accepts my e-mail, but when I login I get the “E-mail address was not found” error

Plz advise

SenorPez.1568

Heh. Mine was from Lance too. That guy is awesome.

Sslick.7106

Hacked Account – [Incident: 120906-006807]
I did the recovery thing, but it did not work for me says
“There is an error contact support”

Posted by: Xaeius.5124

Xaeius.5124

Ticket: 120907-002279

The response I was given… Didn’t fix the issue that my primary account: Xaeius.5123 was hacked and the email was changed. Clearly, didn’t notice the pictures that I gave or anything. In addition, this is the second serial code that they double charged me for and I’m still wanted for that money to be refunded. At this point, I just want refunded for serial codes

Response Lance via Email 09/07/2012 04:43 PM
Hello,

Thanks for contacting Guild Wars 2! After a quick review of your ticket, we feel that the information below could resolve your issue. Your ticket has not been closed and you will receive an additional reply as soon as we are able. However, if the information below does resolve your issue please close your ticket to confirm that you no longer need our assistance. Doing so will assist us in helping everyone in a timely manner.

Reset Password & E-mail Authentication************************************
If you were previously experiencing an issue resetting your password or authenticating your email address, please follow the directions below.

1. Go to https://account.guildwars2.com/recovery
2. In the “Email / Account Name” field, enter the email address used for your Guild Wars 2 account.
3. In the “Serial Code” field, enter the serial code you registered to the account.
4. In the “Character Name” field, enter the name of an existing character on your account.
5. Click “Verify.”
Be sure to set your account password to a strong, unique password that you’ve never used anywhere else!
See this comic (http://xkcd.com/936/) for advice on picking a strong, unique password.

Additional information regarding the Guild Wars Account E-mail Authentication System can be found here: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9192

Spam / Phising Attempts************************************************
If you were notified of an email change request or confirmation, please try logging into the Guild Wars 2 forums (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum) to confirm that your account name has not been changed.

If you do not have a Guild Wars account, please disregard the email. We also suggest that you secure the email account by changing the password, in addition to, the passwords of any other accounts that may be associated to the email that received this message from our account system.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*********************************************
Please do not create a new ticket for this issue as it will cause delays. However, replying to this email will allow us to assist you based on when you first contacted us regarding the issue. If your issue is resolved and you no longer need assistance, please do the following:

1. Log in to your support account here: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/account/overview/
If you do not recall your login information, use the “Forgot your support login or password?” link.
3. Click the “Questions” button or link.
4. Find the 12-digit reference number matching the one on the support request you wish to close.
5. Click the subject line to the right of that reference number.
6. Under “Do you want a response?”, select “No, I don’t need this question answered now”.
7. Click “Submit”.

Your support request will be moved to Closed status.

NOTE: Anything typed in the “Add additional information to your question” box will not be seen by our support staff if the “No, I don’t need this question answered now option is selected”.

Regards,
The Guild Wars 2 Team

Sslick.7106

Ya, mine was from Lance aswell and it gave me a link to the recovery page so I did everything it asked and it said theres an error contact support

Posted by: Bluewolf.3812

Bluewolf.3812

Ticket Ref #120903-004993 – Hacked account. Suggested method didnt worked.

Yes I also got a msg from Lance. He is not reading the tickets, he is just directing everyone to the account recovery page, regardless of their issue.

This Lance guy has no idea about anything.

My account name was changed by the hacker but he send me to recover password.

Really? I mean are you guys serious? Is this a joke or a circus?

Come on, put some real tech support people on this issue.

Xaeius.5124

@Sslick.7106 —-- Their not realizing that if the email was changed, that recovery isn’t going to work

Sslick.7106

Yep same email for me

Sslick.7106

Ya thats the problem with mine the emails been changed not the password

Posted by: Mazatron.2974

Mazatron.2974

Hubbie also got Lance. Whoever this is they’re obviously not bothering to do the job properly.

We still don’t have the user account name for Smugly.4973 incident 120904-000063. We’re now afraid that thanks to a service reps laziness we’re right back at the back of the queue again. Another four days, which, by the standards of some of the unfortunates round here, is pretty good.

Xaeius.5124

@Mazatron.2974 —- I’m on Day 7. I’ve obtained 2 Reps, Johnson who didn’t even bother reading my issue and Lance who didn’t even read my issue at all and sent me to the recovery page.

Posted by: Alphadan.6418

Alphadan.6418

Hi community i wanted to express the frustration i feel with this incredible bad planned system, my friend got hacked, his email was not touched or anything else other than GW2 account, and… he got his email changed the system even sent him a message saying his email was changed and they hopped it was him who submitted it but it has no confirmation it was just mysteriously changed, he bought the game in the official page, all the account support system can do is send automatic messages they sent a message telling him to use the account recovery system while he specified the email was changed and that system doesnt work at all.

Xaeius.5124

The easiest line of defense they could’ve added… email verification of you wishing to CHANGE the email and password on your account…

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

yeah i honestly don’t get it i mean my account hasnt even been compromised but my friends has and i’m upset over how they are handling things … like is their support team a bunch of 12 year olds in diapers .. they are going to start losing money the longer they drag this out .. and all of this could have been avoided if they had a call center .. sure its expensive but is required in this industry .. your account gets hacked in wow sure you ma;y be on hold for 2 hours but as soon as someone answers you have your account back 5 mins later .. this is just insane