Account Restorations - Update

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

@Sickle
1. should be, because there is a reset for the account as it was before
2. that will take some time, because they need to check a lot
3. yes
It is all written within the links provided by Gaile. I suggest that you read it.

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Question:

If someone’s account gets compromised on January 10th and the latest restore point is January 5th, but they legitimately purchased gems, i.e. sent money to ArenaNet, on January 8th, then will those gems be restored, or at least the money spent on those gems be refunded?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I am at a loss. Ever since i was hacked, i gave up and moved on to my alternate character when my account was hacked. Now, when i leveled that character 25 times and earned a reasonable amount of gold, this account restoration comes. Just asking, why can’t ArenaNet just rollback one specific character?

It is not technically possible to roll back one character. It’s an “all account” situation, as that is how the data is stored.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Question:

If someone’s account gets compromised on January 10th and the latest restore point is January 5th, but they legitimately purchased gems, i.e. sent money to ArenaNet, on January 8th, then will those gems be restored, or at least the money spent on those gems be refunded?

The gems will be addressed, yes. We have those records, and that purchase can be accommodated in the restoration.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

Question:

If they purchased Gems with real money, that is another action to take. Both can be done according to what I have read here, but it will be 2 actions.
One – restore the account to point of January 5th
Second – give the Gems or refund the money
It depends on the situation if both question will be answered.

Edit: I was beaten in answering by Gaile. She was faster.

Posted by: kys.9215

kys.9215

Can you comment on whether or not someone who has attained (and subsequently lost) a legendary weapon prior to Dec. 1st would fall into what you call an “edge case” or “exceptional situation?” I can’t help but feel the time/resource spent on one would warrant some sort of thought at least.

An explaination wouldn’t even be needed, but it would be great if you could simply give a “yes” or “no” or even “we’re thinking about it.”

In any case, thanks for all the communication thus far i’m sure everyone appreciates it.

Posted by: Uriel Saintclair.6345

Uriel Saintclair.6345

Arenanet personnel and staff thank you all for your hard work and dedication! More power to Anet.

Signed, ( with love and cookiez)
Happy gw2 player

Thieve’s spam heartseeker on my sanctuary.
Guild: None Mercenary
SoR since day 1

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

Oh come on, you restored Karpuz’s account to a state 2-3 weeks old, I’m sure you still can do that to mine too because you must have snapshots of that period but you don’t want :/
So have I to understand that I’m screwed only cause randomly it has been decided not to use my account for ART beta testing?

^^^This x10 I knew Karpuz cryptic email and the fact that every commander who had been hacked prior to all of the sudden disappeared and stopped posting in the thread.

Cause they were deemed worthy to rollback (well outside of the Dec 1 start). Yet the rest of us get the “Sorry SOL” Karpuz and the others have their gold and legendary back. Thought since they were rolled back when it was implemented I would to…not cool ANET. Haven’t played since I was hacked 1 month ago and I never will.

Posted by: Perfectxshot.6712

Perfectxshot.6712

Oh come on, you restored Karpuz’s account to a state 2-3 weeks old, I’m sure you still can do that to mine too because you must have snapshots of that period but you don’t want :/
So have I to understand that I’m screwed only cause randomly it has been decided not to use my account for ART beta testing?

^^^This x10 I knew Karpuz cryptic email and the fact that every commander who had been hacked prior to all of the sudden disappeared and stopped posting in the thread.

Cause they were deemed worthy to rollback (well outside of the Dec 1 start). Yet the rest of us get the “Sorry SOL” Karpuz and the others have their gold and legendary back. Thought since they were rolled back when it was implemented I would to…not cool ANET. Haven’t played since I was hacked 1 month ago and I never will.

not so sure about that, ive been posting in there since the 24th(when i got my account back). I lost my legendary, i have commander and golden titles, and i have yet to get a response via forum posts or ticket….so idk where youre getting that info from, but if they did, then shoot, can i have my legendary back too? hahah

Posted by: Maetel.2130

Maetel.2130

No, only 2 Commanders have been lucky afaik, I haven’t been. And support now is lying to me saying there aren’t snapshosts prior to 1st december…lolwhat? How did they restore 2 accounts on 28th then?
And seeing Gaile ignoring our posts purposely since ART has been released… well, says a lot. They just played with us :/

Posted by: Loufly.7489

Loufly.7489

Hacked on the 30th of November, words can’t even describe how utterly disappointed I am.

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

Hacked on Sunday 9th December, sent a ticket and got a response, but I am still waiting for my account to be restored… 14/12/12

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

not so sure about that, ive been posting in there since the 24th(when i got my account back). I lost my legendary, i have commander and golden titles, and i have yet to get a response via forum posts or ticket….so idk where youre getting that info from, but if they did, then shoot, can i have my legendary back too? hahah

@Perfectxshot…what do you think the below quotes meant then? Sure sounded like Karpuz was talking about a restore for him and select others.

Update: This evening, I emailed a few of the people who were mentioned in the early comments in this forum thread.
I will update you on this situation when I have more details, but we are making forward progress!

If anyone recieved the email from Gaile, it is legit and whatnot (i feared it wasn’t initially, before i even got to read her comment) but you must follow the exact instructions in it, or else it seems the offer falls.
So don’t try to get a backup, don’t try to save valuables in case something bad happens, don’t try anything…just leave it be…Or you’ll end up wishing you didn’t even get your hopes up in the first place.

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

Hacked on Sunday 9th December, sent a ticket and got a response, but I am still waiting for my account to be restored… 20/12/12

Posted by: TheLunaticDawn.8049

TheLunaticDawn.8049

Then i am qualified for a restoration! Since mine happened on Dec 17th.