Account Suspended

Account Suspended

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tugger.4102

Tugger.4102

My account was suspended due to unacceptable name and it has been 24 hours since I submitted a ticket and I have not gotten a response from customer support. I would love to speak with someone about this issue and I am more than happy to change any character names that violated the user agreement or rules of conduct policy. I very much enjoy this game and would love to have this problem resolved ASAP.

Thanks

Account Suspended

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

When an account is blocked for an offensive name, the account is given a 72-hour suspension. At the end of the suspension, the account holder will need to rename any censored characters before the characters can be accessed. (Appeals are seldom successful and they are unnecessary because the player can handle the renames when the suspension expires.)

Now, if someone continues to use offensive names, the suspension period becomes longer and usually the player is not given the opportunity to rename the character but instead a support team member renames the character.

So as you can see, it’s best to be careful in all name choices and especially if you have been actioned for an offensive name in the past.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Account Suspended

Tugger.4102

When an account is blocked for an offensive name, the account is given a 72-hour suspension. At the end of the suspension, the account holder will need to rename any censored characters before the characters can be accessed. (Appeals are seldom successful and they are unnecessary because the player can handle the renames when the suspension expires.)

Now, if someone continues to use offensive names, the suspension period becomes longer and usually the player is not given the opportunity to rename the character but instead a support team member renames the character.

So as you can see, it’s best to be careful in all name choices and especially if you have been actioned for an offensive name in the past.

I can understand that however I feel a warning is more appropriate than a straight 72 hour suspension. I was unaware that the name was offensive however if it is a problem I would have preferred to have just been notified of the issue and have been allowed to change the name right then. I do not appreciate having my account suspended without me being contacted first. I would like to actually speak to a person about this issue so if you could PM me a phone number I can call instead of forcing me to write on a forum that would be great.

Thanks

Account Suspended

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

First, make a ticket.
Second, you had your warning by the rules which you accepted before starting to play the first character.

Account Suspended

Tugger.4102

First, make a ticket.
Second, you had your warning by the rules which you accepted before starting to play the first character.

I made a ticket 24 hours ago. Perhaps you should read next time.

Account Suspended

Tugger.4102

If they had a customer support line like pretty much every other company has simple issues could be resolved in a timely manner. There way of doing it is very inefficient and frustrating. I feel sorry for all of the innocent people who got banned for botting because they have to deal with this nightmare of a system. If I got mistakenly banned on Xbox Live I could call customer support and be done with the situation in hours instead of days.

Account Suspended

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The system is very efficient. My friend’s sister was hacked, and a Support Team member responded to her within minutes. Within 30 minutes, she was back in game, but the roll back took much longer.

It’s all about priority. Hacked accounts are more important that someone who is upset they broke the rules and doesn’t like the punishment.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Account Suspended

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

If they had a customer support line like pretty much every other company has simple issues could be resolved in a timely manner. There way of doing it is very inefficient and frustrating. I feel sorry for all of the innocent people who got banned for botting because they have to deal with this nightmare of a system. If I got mistakenly banned on Xbox Live I could call customer support and be done with the situation in hours instead of days.

Considering you pay a monthly fee for Xbox Live (they break it down monthly, if you by a 12 month card it’s still “monthly”), and GW2 is just purchase the game and your set, then you can see why they don’t have a customer support line. While gems helps the cash flow, it’s not consistent and doesn’t warrant the ability to support a phone line. And before you bring in Diablo 3, they shared the support line that WoW uses, which also has a monthly fee. Come to think of it, I cannot think of any F2P game with a customer support line.

IF Anet were to have had a monthly sub fee for GW2, then I would hope they would have considered a customer support line. Seeing as they don’t, then I don’t hold it against them.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Account Suspended

Tugger.4102

Considering you pay a monthly fee for Xbox Live (they break it down monthly, if you by a 12 month card it’s still “monthly”), and GW2 is just purchase the game and your set, then you can see why they don’t have a customer support line. While gems helps the cash flow, it’s not consistent and doesn’t warrant the ability to support a phone line. And before you bring in Diablo 3, they shared the support line that WoW uses, which also has a monthly fee. Come to think of it, I cannot think of any F2P game with a customer support line.

IF Anet were to have had a monthly sub fee for GW2, then I would hope they would have considered a customer support line. Seeing as they don’t, then I don’t hold it against them.

I feel if you sell any product you should have a support line just incase something goes wrong. I bought this thing for my xbox controller called FPS Freek FYI if you are a console gamer check them out they are amazing and cheap. Anyway it is a small company and they have a much more robust customer support center. I think a customer support line would be good because like I mentioned I also had a issue where my personal story was bugged and I could not proceed for weeks. That sucked because I was enjoying the story and had to wait forever to proceed.

I know I will get ZERO sympathy and I don’t expect any. Its just I enjoy the game like most people and it sucks not to be able to game with friends over the weekend cause that is the only time anyone is ever off work. I appreciate how you posted something constructive and not just bashing me. I can take constructive criticism but when people start to bash you it only makes things worse. Just curious what server you are on maybe we could do some WvW or a dungeon sometime?

Account Suspended

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I feel if you sell any product you should have a support line just incase something goes wrong. I bought this thing for my xbox controller called FPS Freek FYI if you are a console gamer check them out they are amazing and cheap. Anyway it is a small company and they have a much more robust customer support center. I think a customer support line would be good because like I mentioned I also had a issue where my personal story was bugged and I could not proceed for weeks. That sucked because I was enjoying the story and had to wait forever to proceed.

I know I will get ZERO sympathy and I don’t expect any. Its just I enjoy the game like most people and it sucks not to be able to game with friends over the weekend cause that is the only time anyone is ever off work. I appreciate how you posted something constructive and not just bashing me. I can take constructive criticism but when people start to bash you it only makes things worse. Just curious what server you are on maybe we could do some WvW or a dungeon sometime?

It’s understandable. And yes, in some instances a phone line would benefit some, but at the same time could hinder those same people with all the phone calls from legit suspensions/ bannings. Considering the amount of people who play the game, it could end up costing more and still result in the same time frame of response. I look at it this way. With tickets, it’s first come first serve. Then they prioritize them and go from there. With phone calls, you could be on hold for 4 hours while you wait for them to explain to some people their names were inappropriate. I had to call blizzard once, and they were so busy that the phone queue was full. Took me 3 days of trying to reach them. As to our last question about my server. Pm me and we can talk.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Account Suspended

Posted by: Psykona.1374

Psykona.1374

Yesterday i was kicked from the game, and if i try to logg in with my guardian, i have to change the name (there was not even a time suspension) , but there is no way to imagin offensive thoughts in her name.
The name is not offensive, sexual or politcally related. It is the german word for a circled cake.
This name has a story that is related to me and a friend.

Because it is forbidden i can’t write the name out, but there really is no conflict with the naming policy. (in english you call this cake: “gugelhupf”)

I undertstand if you think “Why would somebody wanna be named like a cake?”,
but in the naming policy, there is no point that warrants to force me to change the name.
Is there any chance to stay with my old name?
I really think this measure was not justified :/ …

(edited by Psykona.1374)

Account Suspended

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

It is always hard to tell why some names are not allowed. But the OP here blame the support for the mistake he did. if he actually rode the User agreement, he should have seen this part :
[…]
(iv) You may not select an Account ID, NCsoft Message Board ID, Character ID and/or Team designation, or provide any communication or information on any Message Board, that NCsoft, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems to be vulgar, threatening, racist, sexist or otherwise offensive, including but not limited to references related to any religion or deity;
(v) You may not select an Account ID, NCsoft Message Board ID, Character ID and/or Team designation, or provide any communication or information on any Message Board, that NCsoft, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems to be confusing, gibberish or slang (e.g., Asdf, ROFL, InYourFace); and […]

So he didn’t stick to the agreement. Looks like some names or words are more affected that others.
While i tell this post, they maybe can ban me, but look at my own name i use…. There is a beer with a similar name. Not written the same, but the pronunciation is almost the same. Yet nobody has ever banned me because I didn’t wanted to make a reference to that brand. So if you wan to be called after a cake, just don’t put the exact some name and you should be fine. And I may get banned after telling this :P
But since i use this on my guild wars 1 account, they could tell me to change it 7 years ago.

Account Suspended

Posted by: Psykona.1374

Psykona.1374

It is no brand. It is just the Name of a circled Cake.
If you name your character Raspberry Pie, it would be the same situation.

I cant imagine some name that is less offensive than a Cake.
So please, think about this judgement twice.

:(

PS: it was right spelled, so there wasnt even a hidden thought or something, just a cake

Account Suspended

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since Gaile answered the first post, and that this thread has gone off-topic, it is now closed.

Thank you.