Account account suspended no warning

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: j snake.9821

j snake.9821

ive been playing on my character for months his name is poo la cam po and i have never received a warning about my name and i was just suspended for three days. i feel that i should have been given a warning before getting a suspension so im asking that my suspension be lifted and im willing to change my name if need be.

Posted by: Spasticlese.2358

Spasticlese.2358

Yea you should have gotten some kind of warning before being suspended. Hopefully a mod can help resolve this issue quickly.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

They do not give warnings for anything, the terms you agreed to when creating your account was the only warning you will ever receive. You can open a support ticket, but your name does violate the naming policy so you will most likely have very little luck.
If this is your first offense, you should be able to log in and rename the character. If your unable to log in and change it, contact support.

j snake.9821

alright but ive had this character for about three or four months and been playing on him just about everyday so how was my name not seen anytime before today and how is my name violating the naming policy?

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Best guess is someone in game noticed you, took offense, and reported you.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Because they don’t look for offending names that slip by the filter, someone must bring it to their attention.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

j snake.9821

so once i get back on i have to change my character name using my own money/gold?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no cost involved when the game instructs you to change your character name. You just will not be able to play the character until the name is changed.

j snake.9821

yes but for me to change the my name i have to get a name change contract using my gold/money or will they give me a name change contract

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Neither. You will be prompted to change the character name at the character selection screen.

j snake.9821

alright thank you for the help answers

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

For future reference, it’s the “poo” part that’s not permitted. You’ll want to make sure that your new name doesn’t include that.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

Poo is not permitted? Tell that to Poobadoo!

Reported Poobadoo for being offensive. =D

(edited by ShadyNZL.9018)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The suspension should not be for 3 days for a first naming offense. The first offense should only be a forced rename and then you can log back in.

If you have never gotten a forced rename in the past and you have gotten a 72 hour suspension with the first one then they have made a mistake. I recommend you contact them to discuss it to let them know they are in error.

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Poor Poobadoo, he’s my favorite bounty target too.

Anyway, you could try talking to support. On the bright side, according to Gaile, you can create names of famous people; Taylor Swift, Ashton Kutcher, Bill Gates, etc are all acceptable names to use. Maybe try one of those?

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

j snake.9821

lol well it doesnt look like suspension will be lifted so far so.. i guess its less days to put my money into guild wars

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

i have no idea what’s wrong with your name it seems normal to me, i dont see anything wrong with it if it that makes u feel any better

Are you Shpongled?

j snake.9821

I know right…But whatever what’s done is done and I have about 40 hours to go but thank you

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

If its your first time, open a support ticket to contest the suspension. Say in the ticket that it was your first time getting suspended for an inappropriate name and ask for the first time leniency.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It was not the first name block for this account, and that is why the name was flagged. There was another really offensive name about a year ago. And that name block, back then, was the warning that you’ve mentioned in your subject line. You indeed did have a warning about our Naming Policy at that time.

Now, I am well aware that the first word in the name isn’t considered offensive by a lot of people, myself included. But as I’ve said before, players cannot filter names, so we have a heightened sensitivity to what crosses the line. Some people are offended by what many would consider even a “mild” reference to a bodily function.

If this were the first instance, I’d probably go to bat to argue for removal of the suspension with the time served as sufficient indication of our policies, but it’s not possible for me to do that in these circumstances, with a previous warning already having been given.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet