Account banned due to AFK?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: bluewaves.8130

bluewaves.8130

It was heart-breaking when I read the reply email regarding my account this morning. I was shocked and depressed that I was blamed (banned) for something which I didn’t do. I did not bot, use macro, or use any kind of illegal third-party program to level my characters.

As I have mentioned in my first ticket (#120929-000744) that I am a working mum with 2 kids located in Australia. I don’t have much time to play after a whole exhausting day of work and all I can do is to sacrifice my sleeping time to play the game, just to have a little fun out of my busy life.

I pre-ordered the game and registered my account on Day 1. I am an active player with 3 characters in my account and the little Elementalist was the one I played most of the time. I started to level my Elementalist at the bridge (don’t remember the name of location) since last week and I ran around the few waypoints to follow the crowd. I love WvW and normally only did leveling while I was on queue to enter WvW and that’s why my Elementalist leveled so slowly (only level 22).

In the night of 28-Sep, my son asked me to make him sleep while I was leveling the Elementalist at the bridge as usual. I pet my son to sleep and I felt sleep as well. I left my computer on with the character on the bridge. My character was doing nothing on the bridge. It did not attack, move, loot, and more importantly is that it gained NO experience. According to my past experience in GW2, it should be kicked after a certain period of time if it’s not active. I did not bot or use macro or use illegal third-party program.

I was happy playing WvW 28-Sep night and the next day I was put in hell. I was so upset & depressed of losing my account to something I didn’t do. I was just AFK making my son sleep & I felt sleep… I’d greatly appreciate if someone from Anet could look into my case and re-activate my account. Thank you!

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

You need to make a support ticket and wait for it to be answered.

Renegadeimp.8439

Also, that date might not have been the date that the account was found to be using third party programs. Unless it specifically says the date you used the alleged programs, it could have been days, or weeks before. You may have been compromised and a gold farmer has been using your account.

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

This isn’t the first time we have heard people being banned for being ‘afk’. ArenaNet has some serious issues.

I’m not a mother, I don’t have children, but I go afk to get a drink, check my email etc… people go afk in mmo’s, it’s normal, everyone does it. They [arenanet] really don’t seem to understand how mmo’s work :s

(edited by Sam.9157)

Renegadeimp.8439

Sam, most people who say that are lying to try and get out of a ban. It’s why ArenaNet always say to put in a support ticket and the case will be investigated.

Theres no reason to post on the forums about it, as all that happens is people start arguing, and others get suspensions for what they say. Regardless if its right or wrong.

Posted by: Destruction.3429

Destruction.3429

Banned for AFK botting Centuar bridge. Am I shocked… nope.. can’t say that I am.

The Big… The Bad… The Ugly…

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Posts questioning or contesting a game account suspension/termination are not allowed on this forum. If you believe there has been an error in the suspension/termination of an account, please open a support ticket via http://support.guildwars2.com.

Thank you.