Account got terminated & I'm innocent

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MadVillain.8573

MadVillain.8573

Hello GW2 team and community.
I purchased Guild Wars 2 a few days after launch. Because exams were at the time I could only play it for a very limited time. For a good month or so I didn’t touch the game sadly, but today I felt like playing it again.
So I updated and everything, attempt to login and WHAT?
“Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated for engaging in or assisting with gold item sales for real world money, which are in breach of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. This action is permanent”
Have I been played by someone? I’m completly innocent, and I’ve hardly played the game as statistics have probably shown. Essentially I’ve wasted $100 on a game I barely got to play, and now I can’t at all.
I would like you to look into this problem ASAP. My exams are all over and I’d really like to get back into the game.

MadVillain.8573

Worst part is that I’m getting screwed over by Microsoft as well so I’m pretty frustrated :L

Posted by: Meijo.7415

Meijo.7415

You need to send a support ticket via the support page if you haven’t. Generally when you post here you want to include your ticket number for the issue your having.

They really cannot do anything for you unless you send in a support ticket.

MadVillain.8573

Oh okay I think this is it? #121129-000612

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Chances are that while you weren’t playing you got hacked and the hacker engaged in the activities you got banned for.

A lot of the MMO gamer community are slack with their account security in various ways and so for a semi-skilled hacker it can be a simple thing to accomplish.

The repeated advise from the moderators here is to keep your support ticket updated, don’t create multiple tickets (will slow down the process as they merge tickets), and if your ticket is not address within 3 days then there is a thread somewhere for those overdue tickets that can help get your ticket prioritised urgently if possible.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

MadVillain.8573

Thank you all for the help. I have never been hacked before, though this is probably because i haven’t played many big MMO’s before. Do you guys know if it is often that hacked accounts get retrieved? I really am short on cash and won’t be able to buy the game again in awhile.
Also if someone could link me that thread for outdated tickets that would be great for later use.
Once again thanks for helping

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged

My brothers account got hacked at launch, he got his account back after about a week (?) but had to send ArenaNet a fair amount of information to confirm it was actually him before they gave it back/unbanned it.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

MadVillian, opening a ticket , that you have already opened, is the first step so well done on that. If your ticket is 3 days or older, please feel free to post your ticket number in the thread that Bluestone has mentioned so it can be taken as a priority.

Also, please consider performing a full scan of your computer for keyloggers or other malicious software. Using the mobile/email authentication and having a strong password help improving the security.

Thanks for your understanding

MadVillain.8573

Hi everyone,

MadVillian, opening a ticket , that you have already opened, is the first step so well done on that. If your ticket is 3 days or older, please feel free to post your ticket number in the thread that Bluestone has mentioned so it can be taken as a priority.

Also, please consider performing a full scan of your computer for keyloggers or other malicious software. Using the mobile/email authentication and having a strong password help improving the security.

Thanks for your understanding

Okay thanks for the help. I routinely perform scans with Norton, but I’ll do another one.

Posted by: Detsnirg.4372

Detsnirg.4372

Hey i got done for the exact same thing. I started playing for about a wekk, but due to work I wasnt able to play and after about a month I come back to find my account terminated today. Did you get your account back? Help appreciated.:)

Posted by: Bayliun.6397

Bayliun.6397

Hello i also took a break from the game for a period of time only to return to find my account had been hacked and my account has been banned and terminated. I hadnt logged in for at least a month so i dont know when the action took place, its christmas holidays and i really wanna play

I took out a ticket and this is my number: 121217-001098 but if theres anyone who got thier account back or can help me id appreciate it.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I would like you to look into this problem ASAP. My exams are all over and I’d really like to get back into the game.

I just checked the ticket, and it seems that you are good to go!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I took out a ticket and this is my number: 121217-001098 but if theres anyone who got thier account back or can help me id appreciate it.

Players cannot assist you with retrieving your account. You did exactly the right thing to submit that ticket today, and I feel sure you will find it will be resolved within a few days.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet