Account linked but can't use reserved names

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mythotical.4258

Mythotical.4258

I finally got around to linking my accounts, I login and there was a registered code as my name so I went ahead and tried creating a new character, can’t even use my reserved name. So I logged out and went back to my default account, tried logging in another, both accounts used the same email and password, logged in, name was fine, but still can’t registered a character with my reserved name. Is there a step I’m missing? I would rather link my old GW1 account but can’t even remember the details for it.

Thanks

Posted by: Kalec.6589

Kalec.6589

Did you log into GW1 and onto each toon prior to July 31st, so Anet would get your character name reserved.

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | Z77 Sabertooth | EVGA GTX670 4GB | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | Corsair AX650
2×8GB Crucial Ballistix 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 | Arc Midi R2 | Asus VE278Q 27" 1920×1080
Edifier S330D | Superlux 668B | Audiotrak Prodigy Cube | CMstorm Trigger | Logitech G500

Mythotical.4258

Yep sure did, the issue is when I create the toon on GW2 with the same name it says it is reserved to an account and cannot be used.

Posted by: aibaby.2307

aibaby.2307

It was my understanding that name reservations required you to make a character with that Guild Wars 1 name that you have within a specific number of days after launch.

Mythotical.4258

That is not my understanding but if that is the case then my fault.

Posted by: slurry.5467

slurry.5467

It was my understanding that name reservations required you to make a character with that Guild Wars 1 name that you have within a specific number of days after launch.

Ignore this post as this person isn’t informed on the subject.

GW1 names are still reserved for linked GW2 accounts. They will remain reserved until further notice, most likely until all of the issues with launch are fixed (hacked accounts and such).

Your best bet would be to contact support with your problem, they may be able to help.

Mythotical.4258

Ignore this post as this person isn’t informed on the subject.

GW1 names are still reserved for linked GW2 accounts. They will remain reserved until further notice, most likely until all of the issues with launch are fixed (hacked accounts and such).

Your best bet would be to contact support with your problem, they may be able to help.

Thanks, I will put in a ticket about it.

slurry.5467

No problem. I’m not sure if support can help, but it’s worth a shot. Worst case scenario is you’ll have to wait for names to be unlocked.

Posted by: aibaby.2307

aibaby.2307

Well I’m sorry if I’m not well “informed”. But I went by the official blog in here:

http://www.arena.net/blog/reserve-your-guild-wars-character-name-for-guild-wars-2-by-july-31

According to the official blog, it states:

“However, as we mentioned in a previous blog post, your Guild Wars character names will not be reserved indefinitely. You must create a Guild Wars 2 character with the same name as your Guild Wars character during the Headstart Access period or on launch day. Shortly after launch, we’ll free up all the unclaimed names for new Guild Wars 2 players to use.”

Also, I read posts and forums from different websites on what you said:

“GW1 names are still reserved for linked GW2 accounts. They will remain reserved until further notice, most likely until all of the issues with launch are fixed (hacked accounts and such).”

Did not find anything that is an official word out from Anet though so I did not go by that.

(edited by aibaby.2307)

slurry.5467

…You quoted it yourself.

“Shortly after launch, we’ll free up all the unclaimed names for new Guild Wars 2 players to use.”

“Shortly” is a relative term. And, if you’d like official word from Anet, here you go.

This is a post by GaileGray:
“The quote above is accurate. We did not specify “headstart or launch day” and in the overall scope of things, it’s still early days. You’re welcome to continue to try for the name, but I cannot say for certain when it would become available.”

Ironically, the “quote above” she is referring to is the exact quote I posted at the beginning of this post. And based on the wording, it is easy to deduce that the names will remain reserved until further notice. When will that further notice be? Well, this blog post (linked within the one you linked to) might help to clear that up:

http://www.arena.net/blog/reserving-your-character-name-for-guild-wars-2
“After launch day (and after we work through support tickets filed on launch day), we’ll free up the millions of unclaimed names for new Guild Wars 2 players to use.”

So it’s easy to assume that after launch issues (which are mainly hacked accounts) are resolved (they are still on-going as far as I’m aware), only then will reserved names be freed up.

So, how’s that for “official word out from Anet”? I wasn’t trying to insult you when I said you weren’t informed, I was merely stating a fact; no need to get all defensive. I’m one of the however many people that are waiting for names to be freed up, as my second GW1 account has names that I want to use in GW2 but can’t until they are freed up, since you can only link 1 GW1 account to a GW2 account.

Hope my post is informative.

Posted by: Kurama.1257

Kurama.1257

Your accounts are linked. Just be greatful.