Account sharing/gold trading info.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mikiejj.4761

Mikiejj.4761

Is it legal to share someone’s account for crafting crazy amounts of items and sell them on tp? its like multiboxing but so far I’ve readed on legal way. no macro’s used i click every button myself for example a link how.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHdeAaYz8gM

But i made some deal if i’m allowed to use it ofc to share a friends second account.
So i can use 2 account’s for crafting make profit of that and that profit i make 5% ill give to his main account. Now here comes the thing is it legal to do this and trade gold from account to account back and fort? If so how much can i trade?

Don’t want to get banned ofc^^ and try ed to find this on forums but wasn’t able to find the exact info.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

No, you can not share accounts as it is against the TOS. Your friends account could be banned.

Posted by: Mikiejj.4761

Mikiejj.4761

Now what if i do this with my own second account can i trade gold to him? If so what amount? Could you perhaps send this TOS about sharing so i know exactly what I’m up against.

(edited by Mikiejj.4761)

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

If it’s your account, you would not be sharing it if you where the only one using it so you can send whatever you wish. “Sharing” means 2 or more people using the same account.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/
Notice section iv.

f. Additional License Restrictions — You acknowledge You will not directly or indirectly:

reverse engineer, translate, adapt, disassemble, decompile, or reduce to any human-perceivable form, any Software or parts thereof;

ii. copy, distribute or reproduce any Service, Content, Software, or parts thereof;

iii. modify, or create a derivative work of or based on, any Service, Content, Software, or parts thereof; and/or

iv. sell, sub-license, rent, lease, grant a security interest in, borrow, lend, loan, network or engage in any activity that could in any way transfer or provide others access to any Service, Content, Software, or parts thereof, including but not limited to any serial code number, access key or the like.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Account sharing is the major cause of irresolvable tickets. These are very sad, and consist of tickets where the account ends up closed because ownership cannot be proved to belong to any particular player. Not only is account sharing (accessing someone else’s account for any purpose) prohibited by the User Agreement, but it is strongly discouraged by common sense.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet