Account was hacked

Account was hacked

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kyronami.1048

Kyronami.1048

Hello, I logged in today when I got home and found my characters standing in Divinity’s reach. They were stripped, all my gold was gone, all my laurels gone, and when I checked my TP history literally every sell-able item my account was sold.

I sent in a ticket, I’m hoping they can roll back my account or something.

I have literally no idea how I got hacked, I did a virus sweep and nothing. I’ve NEVER given my password out, my email appeared secured with no received emails showing anyone trying to log in. My Authorized Networks is only my IP. I really have no idea how I got hacked but I did.

Anything else I can do about this other then send in a ticket and wait? I really cant play on my account since I’m hoping they can roll me back if thats a thing… I also have no gear left :/ whoever hacked me trashed all the gear they couldn’t sell

Account was hacked

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You will have to wait to hear from support. In the mean time, also make sure the email account used for your GW2 account is secured. I’d suggest changing the password for your email account. If the hackers somehow got access to your email account they may have very well deleted or removed any emails from Anet related to your account access.

The Burninator

Account was hacked

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

These articles may prove informative: https://help.guildwars2.com/forums/22305053-Account-Security

Good luck.

Account was hacked

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Anyone with access to your email (if that was hacked), would delete all evidence of having hacked it….and could still gain access without your knowledge (that would be their goal). Change all your passwords (as that email hack potential could allow for them to access any other websites associated with that email address).

Note that they can authorize an IP and NOT chose to remember it (so it does not show up as authorized) and only support can tell you if you were actually accessed from an abnormal IP address.

If you can verify the email account was accessed by someone else, I would suggest abandoning it completely.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Account was hacked

Kyronami.1048

According to my email activity history no one has accessed my email. (It lists the IPs that log into it and cannot be deleted so there’s no way to cover it up)

I ran 3 anti-virus softwares and they all came back clean, I’ve never given out my pass to anyone so really no idea how it happened.

and I doubt it was brute forced because my passwords were extremely complex

Either way I turned on mobile 2-step for my GW account and my email.

(edited by Kyronami.1048)

Account was hacked

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

have you checked for rootkits?

Account was hacked

Kyronami.1048

I did, everything was 100% clean.

I did get an email from support the next morning saying they confirmed I got hacked etc etc I did all the steps.

Emailed back within 2 hours of the email and now I havent gotten a reply the middle of the next day :/

It sucks because I cant really play in hope they roll back my account anything I do now will just be voided

Account was hacked

Kyronami.1048

goin on the 4th day since my ticket with no reply yet since I completed the steps… all I need is a roll back i have my account secured

Did I get forgotten? :/

Account was hacked

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The CS Team allows themselves at least 7 (seven) days to reply. If, after that amount of time has passed since the last response, you can place your ticket number in the pertinent Sticky above.

Good luck.

Account was hacked

Kyronami.1048

The CS Team allows themselves at least 7 (seven) days to reply. If, after that amount of time has passed since the last response, you can place your ticket number in the pertinent Sticky above.

Good luck.

Well I got the first reply the very next morning… its a little scum to give a reply then just ignore the ticket for 4+ days

Especially when its a game breaking enough ticket to render my account essentially useless and unplayable

Ive spent over $400 on this game and feel like the support should be better

Account was hacked

Kyronami.1048

welp missed being able to play on my birthday when I had all day to play gg…

5th day now and no reply for my rollback :/

Account was hacked

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Again, you can post your ticket number in the pertinent Sticky above, after 7 days. Posting a thread about it on the forums won’t help move your ticket up the queue.

Unfortunately, you just have to wait your turn, and be aware that compromised accounts take longer to be assisted. You can read about compromises, etc. in the Stickies above (FAQ) or in the Knowledge Base (Support – Search [Account Security]).

Good luck.

Account was hacked

Kyronami.1048

Again, you can post your ticket number in the pertinent Sticky above, after 7 days. Posting a thread about it on the forums won’t help move your ticket up the queue.

Unfortunately, you just have to wait your turn, and be aware that compromised accounts take longer to be assisted. You can read about compromises, etc. in the Stickies above (FAQ) or in the Knowledge Base (Support – Search [Account Security]).

Good luck.

no but it would be nice for the GM to at least email me, post here, reply to my ticket etc and tell me its going to take longer etc

I want to at least know they are taking care of me, I feel like I’m being ignored as a paying customer

Account was hacked

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The CS Team will email you, once your ticket gets to the front of the queue. The Team (other than the Team Lead) rarely looks at, or at least responds, to threads here, other than the Review Sticky. (And, thread-creators would be admonished for posting on the forums closely after submitting a ticket, in the past.)

Good luck.