Account will be shut down.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

I hope someone from Anet reads this, I logged on today and I noticed that I received a mail with the title: Account will be shut down.

We are sorry to inform you that your login account JakeG.9620 will be shut down or partially limited within 72 hours due to currency transactions or abnormal login. if you want to remove restrictions, please click the following link to validate: (there was a link here to account.guildwars2.com and some numbers and digits)
please keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 is a global game with hundreds of thousands of players. this means that standards of behavior must be upheld.

GM Idenson

I don’t believe that this mail was sent by the guild wars 2 Team, but I do want to know if my account is safe. I’m not pressing that link though… The mail was sent by Idenson

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is a phishing mail.

You can read about it in the Sticky above.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Please-Take-Care-with-In-Game-Mails/first#post4658694

Good luck.

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

who would want to phish me :p my account is poor as hell >_<

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

who would want to phish me :p my account is poor as hell >_<

The phisers won’t know until they get hold of your account though!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: ArcherAvatar.5894

ArcherAvatar.5894

I also received an identical in-game mail from the same “Idenson” person… reported it for scamming.
Recommend making sure that your email password and GW2 password are very different… that one small step will usually foil this sort of thing.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s a phishing mail. I got one too.

If a message in-game really DID come from a GM, the player’s name will be a bright golden colour instead of the usual purple.

Also, any messages that did NOT come from a GM will have a warning at the bottom saying, “This message was sent by a player and not from the GW2 team” or something similar.

So, feel free to report the sender and delete the message.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

They also use these phished accounts to spam gold seller whispers

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

At the bottom of those mails you can even read that they are not from ANet staff

Is it really that hard to read ??

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Lord of Madness.2603

Lord of Madness.2603

at the bottom of the mail IT LITERALLY SAYS this is from ANOTHER PLAYER not Anet Staff! does no one read that!? which would mean your account is 100% safe unless you share anything with them.