Allowed IP adresses

Allowed IP adresses

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Cheese Lord.3825

Cheese Lord.3825

My account was hacked for a short period of time awhile back and now I can see two allowed IP addresses under the security section of my account. I don’t want these there, how can I remove them?

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Three.4573

Three.4573

I have the same issue. How can I remove them as well?

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Rhynor.4015

Rhynor.4015

Support has to do it for you.

Create a ticket with Support (using the Ask a Question option), asking to have the relevant IP removed from your Authorized Networks list. If you receive a reply that tells you to go read the wiki, or informs you of the benefits of authentication (neither of which have anything to do with your problem because the Authorized Networks bypass the authentication process), don’t panic, just reply to the reply (which updates your ticket), with the same request, explaining that players cannot revoke Authorized Networks, and that you require the assistance of Support to do that. Your ticket will then be escalated to the right area and your Authorized Network list will then be cleared for you.

IGN: Tyrra
Guild: Gaiscioch [GSCH]
Server: Sanctum of Rall (NA)

(edited by Rhynor.4015)

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

thats ok i got hacked from someone in Tokyo Japan but i live in Sandiego and i tryed to not allow the ip it gave me an error code. my question is when you see me playing on my ip and somone logs in from japan is that kindof a big red flag from a hacker?

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

If somebody is already making an attempt to login and it’s asking for verification, means they have your username and password. At that point, you should be seriously concerned.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

i know i changed my pasword and even my password for my email that vary same day but thats not the point the point is that person is not me and how could i get half way around the world in 1minit. thats one hellof a speed run lol

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Cheese Lord.3825

Cheese Lord.3825

Well all my information is now changed and I should receive an email for authentication if they try to log on, but still the fact that the IP address is already allowed scares me.

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

Support can delete those wrong IPs. They have done so already. Just go ahead and write a ticket.

Anet recommends that email AND password should be unique for playing GW2. In case that somebody tried to access my account, I would ask support for changing email AND password. Again: just write a ticket.

BTW I guess that there are legit players in Japan (or almost any other country of the world). Therefor closing down those IP-ranges cannot be done.

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Briggins.1526

Briggins.1526

I had a question similar to this, might as well ask. Are these locations purged on their own after a certain time? I don’t know the voodoo behind this but my IP location changes quite often and shows me in different cities even tho I’m in the same location. This is normal I’ve been told. Can’t help but wonder if I have a large list of allowed addresses.

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Meijo.7415

Meijo.7415

I had a question similar to this, might as well ask. Are these locations purged on their own after a certain time? I don’t know the voodoo behind this but my IP location changes quite often and shows me in different cities even tho I’m in the same location. This is normal I’ve been told. Can’t help but wonder if I have a large list of allowed addresses.

Go to your my account button and check your security. It tells you what IPs are allowed and such. For example it could show 1 IP as allowed but have a range for the number because of the IP using different routing locations.

Allowed IP adresses

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please submit a ticket to support https://en.support.guildwars2.com/. They will be able to remove the IP’s.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed