Alt+Tab = Keyboard stops working in game.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lynn Silverwood.3291

Lynn Silverwood.3291

Q:

When I Alt-Tab from the game, the keyboard stops responding when in-game. I’m able to type in the chat if I open it with my mouse, but Enter and Backspace still won’t respond in addition to no keys working outside of chat.

This same thing occurs when I change the profile on my Logitech G700 mouse.

To fix the problem I have to shut down the client and log in again.
Ideas on causes/fixes?

Posted by: Defrost.1679

Defrost.1679

No Alt+TAb prob here, BUT I have the same G700 profile issue.

> Here is a work around for the profile switching/dead keyboard issue. Since I want the full functionality of my mouse, I have to change “Profile Switching” from auto/manual EVERY time I start/stop playing gw2.

This assumes that you already have a gw2 SetPoint profile.
1) Open your SetPoint software > Profile Manager.

2) Choose “Switch profiles myself using mouse buttons” > Click the “Onboard Memory” button.

3) If it’s not already added > SAVE the gw2 profile to your mouse. To Save/Remove a mouse profile, select the profile, then click either Save/Remove.

4) Make sure the gw2 profile is in the FIRST position. It’s possible for the software to reset and when that happens, it defaults to the first position. Click the gw2 profile > “Move Up” button.

5) Click the “OK” button.

6) On the left hand side, select your gw2 profile > Buttons > Assign “Switch Profile” to the G11 button.

7) On the left hand side, select the General profile > Assign “Switch Profile” to the G11 button. If you have a third profile on the mouse, select it > Assign “Switch Profile” to the G11 button.

8) Click the “Apply” button.

WARNING: While gw2 is running… If you plug/unplug the mouse OR if you change the battery, TURN OFF the mouse first.

And finally… I have the same issue with gw1 and I always thought it was the fault of the SetPoint software… But that’s NOT the case. This problem started sometime AFTER Build 14,445. The problem did not happen IN Build 14,445 or any of the prior builds.

> I hadn’t played gw1 in awhile and had forgotten all about this annoyance. Then when the keyboard started dying after Build 14,445 I thought, “Oh crap… not THIS again!? Wait… it WAS WORKING FINE last night… Why isn’t it working NOW??”

Posted by: Lynn Silverwood.3291

Lynn Silverwood.3291

Thank you for your reply. You’re offering nice information and I’m kind of glad I find other people with the same problem.

However, I’m still wondering if there’s someone who has pinpointed the problem and come up with a solution.

EDIT: It seems like Alt-Tabbing doesn’t cause the issue if I open the Menu first by hitting Esc.

(edited by Lynn Silverwood.3291)

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Hi, I am a total GW noob and found that I have this problem.

I just tried what you said above and… keyboard still locks if I press G11.

I just hope I don’t accidentally hit it while in a mission!

Posted by: fellington.2168

fellington.2168

hiya, i had the same problem with the g700 mouse and alt-tabbing. maybe everyone already knows this (i could be way behind here) but the new logitech gaming software supports gw2 and since switching i can alt-tab to my hearts content