Anet, you dropped the ball this time... BAD!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mistbooster.1803

Mistbooster.1803

Ok so i come home looking to play some Guild wars 2. Annd…. a new kind of repair screen, weird since game closed normally last time, ok… now the kitten game is redownloading the entire game folder again WTF! Why? Just WHY! i moved into a new apartment recently and i cant get a better net for 2-3 weeks than the free 2mb line i have atm, i would really not like to redownload the effing game again every single time i restart it. really… What is wrong with you guys for making it like this(assuming it is intentional). And is there a chance to circumvent the satanic re-download of the game, its not exactly fun waiting for 8 hours for the effing game to hog the entire line and not being able to do anything else at the same time with my connection.

I love the game despite its quirks, but Anet, your killing the mood here.

oh and for the record, even if i already had a better net, it would still be major bullkitten.

Hmmm Truth hurts does it not?
ANET, looks like you guys weild
your QA’s like a shiny armor.

Mistbooster.1803

explanation would be nice Anet.

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

Maybe your files corrupted on restart and you needed to re-download it? Why is it you point the finger when something does wrong that MIGHT be your fault or something that needs to be adjusted on your end? I suggest you exhaust your own resources before making an accusation like this.

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

Why do people find it so hard to report a problem normally?

OP, your attitude is lousy and you’re not likely to get any help by posting in that matter.

Mistbooster.1803

Maybe your files corrupted on restart and you needed to re-download it? Why is it you point the finger when something does wrong that MIGHT be your fault or something that needs to be adjusted on your end? I suggest you exhaust your own resources before making an accusation like this.

Way to miss the point there, and way to speak when you dont know kitten. If it had been corrupted on startup, that would mean the cache files, not the 14,6gb dat file.(cache files are the temp ones just fyi). I am pointing the finger at them because they made the game into one huge file, so you cant manually dl single files to fix the issue either, There are hardly resources to be exhausted in my end, considering also the fact that my hard drives operate at nearly 0 HF/S and same goes for ram, The accusation is valid and pointed at right direction, If you cant handle it, dont reply to it, you will only make yourself look like ankitten

i have also tried various switches given in the wiki including -image and -repair i would have not made this post in such manner if they had worked, instead i would have made a Q with an Answer.

Also the fact that my game closed normally the last time, no services stuck to prevent shutdown, and no HF’s detected( win7 makes a log for me each time i shutdown or reboot counting hard faults, and which PID is associated with them).

now Shoo Shoo you gave me a good laugh though.

-Still waiting for Anet to reply-

Mistbooster.1803

@Zaxan, Maybe because the reports are anonymous, and they dont reply to them, my original post is exactly how i meant it, Let me ask you this, would you not be frustrated that you need to wait 8hours+ for this thing to redownload itself, would you not want more info on it, wether or not it is a thing that can be expected to happen a lot in the future, and if this has been done intentionally or by mistake?

I have all in all worked for 2 different GSM carriers here in finland for a combined period of 1½ years in various things, mostly customer support, and alot of the time, conveing your frustration in your message is the best way to get the companys attention.

Now i would like to ask you a question:

If you get something ridiculous like this happen to you, are going to act like poor lil oliver twist and bend over and kindly say “please sir can i have some more”. or are you going to stop being a herd animal and demand an explanation?

Posted by: HCProfessionals.3601

HCProfessionals.3601

Next time, maybe you should make a backup copy like a smart cookie and quit with the attitude. I understand that it’s frustrating that your files are most likely corrupt (No fault of ArenaNet), but it’s a little thing called technology and anything can go wrong at any given time.

/Backup

PHP/MySQL Code Monkey and MCITP. Owner of a Michigan-based Computer Service and Hosting Company.

Mistbooster.1803

@HCPro.. Need reading Glasses mate? the whole problem is being caused by how the client behaves in this issue, that is beyond my control and it is Anet who made thekittenthing to behave like that, People should not have to wait 8 hours for the game to re-download if one file has gone awry. I will repeat myself here, Cant take the attitude? Dont reply.

So far you are the second person to miss the whole point completely, I do have to congratulate you, You were not the first, most likely not the last.

(edited by Mistbooster.1803)

Posted by: Raven.7051

Raven.7051

At some point you added the -repair flag to the shorcut you use to run the game. I suggest you go fix that.

Mistbooster.1803

@Raven. I have a separate -repair switch icon for it. The game isnt even doing a repair, it is re-downloading the whole godkittengame.

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please have a look into this thread regarding your problem.

I will now close this thread.