Any news on changing a linked Guild Wars 1 account?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Cheeseypop.3974

Cheeseypop.3974

After 3 different support tickets prior to launch asking about the ability to unlink an existing Guild Wars 1 account and being told that this feature would be available BEFORE launch, I now see on the support page that this is impossible.

“Please note: Once you link a Guild Wars account to Guild Wars 2, you cannot unlink them. Choose wisely and type carefully!”

Have I been lied to or is this feature just late and will be implemented soon?

• 120819-001652
  • 120723-002005
  • 120709-001309

Posted by: CorpraSalaith.8912

CorpraSalaith.8912

I have the same issue too, though I was waiting on things to calm down a bit before submitting a ticket. I was having trouble linking the accounts. Finally came back to the page stating “Sign in with your GUILD WARS account” which I did, I signed in with my original GW account, and BLAMMO, no confirmation or anything (which I SAW my bf have when he linked his…it was are you sure yes/no) it automatically linked it to my secondary account (which shares an email with the original GW account) to my original GW1 account. NOT the account that I was trying to link it with AT ALL! I am certain this was a software mistake on their end, because I carefully followed directions TO THE LETTER and never got a warning/confirmation.

Posted by: Jeanluc.5870

Jeanluc.5870

I have the same issue too, though I was waiting on things to calm down a bit before submitting a ticket. I was having trouble linking the accounts. Finally came back to the page stating “Sign in with your GUILD WARS account” which I did, I signed in with my original GW account, and BLAMMO, no confirmation or anything (which I SAW my bf have when he linked his…it was are you sure yes/no) it automatically linked it to my secondary account (which shares an email with the original GW account) to my original GW1 account. NOT the account that I was trying to link it with AT ALL! I am certain this was a software mistake on their end, because I carefully followed directions TO THE LETTER and never got a warning/confirmation.

This is pretty much exactly what happened to me as well, the account was linked automatically to the GW1 account of the same name and won’t let me change it back.
I tried a number of things and even something odd, when I try to log in to GW2 with the unlinked GW1 account; it changes my name in GW2 to a scramble of letters and numbers, interesting because the system shouldn’t have that link at all from what I read in the faqs and whatnot. I wrote a ticket as well but it was closed without any real answer.
I’d like to not lose weeks of play and the entire account to buy a new one just to get to my HoM after I prepaid months in advance.. Ah well at least it’s been a great game so far, but hopefully there is some resolution for us. I don’t see having the option to unlink accounts to be very abusable if that is what the problem is, just limit it to one change/remove all hom benefits from the account being delinked?
Honestly I would PAY a few bucks to have this done like extra char slots or name changes etc.

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.9658

Qaletaqa Hania.9658

Honestly I would PAY a few bucks to have this done like extra char slots or name changes etc.

I would pay a small fee for this to.
[EDIT] Only if it was solved/fixed in 2-3 days.

(edited by Qaletaqa Hania.9658)