Anyone else playing on the 2013 Mac Mini?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Islien.3984

Islien.3984

Hi All,

I’m considering buying a brand new 2013 Mac Mini, using the Intel HD 4000 card, and was curious what gameplay is like? What settings are you currently running the game at if so? I currently have a 2009 27" iMac, that just barely runs the game Mac side, and jumps a slight bit on Bootcamp. I’m not looking to max out everything, as I know the Intel hd 4000 isn’t as powerful a card as others, but would be nice to play at a steady 30fps on low to mid settings. Currently get between 12-25, so I suppose any upgrade at this point is really an improvement.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Hi All,

I’m considering buying a brand new 2013 Mac Mini, using the Intel HD 4000 card, and was curious what gameplay is like? What settings are you currently running the game at if so? I currently have a 2009 27" iMac, that just barely runs the game Mac side, and jumps a slight bit on Bootcamp. I’m not looking to max out everything, as I know the Intel hd 4000 isn’t as powerful a card as others, but would be nice to play at a steady 30fps on low to mid settings. Currently get between 12-25, so I suppose any upgrade at this point is really an improvement.

Thanks in advance.

Technically your 2009 iMac should run the game better than I would expect the mac mini to. The intel graphics cards are crippling for trying to play GW2. Of course I don’t have one so I can’t say for certain what the performance would be like, but I’m quite sure it would be worse than your iMac. With the iMac if you lower the resolution by one option you should actually get pretty decent FPS.

Posted by: Islien.3984

Islien.3984

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Technically your 2009 iMac should run the game better than I would expect the mac mini to. The intel graphics cards are crippling for trying to play GW2. Of course I don’t have one so I can’t say for certain what the performance would be like, but I’m quite sure it would be worse than your iMac. With the iMac if you lower the resolution by one option you should actually get pretty decent FPS.

Thanks for the response. I do indeed getter much better fps taking the res down to 1600×1000. I suppose I should just bite the bullet and pay for an iMac or slightly older refurbed MacBook Pro.

Posted by: Louiziana.2180

Louiziana.2180

Thats not nesessary, I play on a 2010 mac mini dual core i5 with intel hd 3000. And i can play with minimal lag on med-low settings (mostly low). Good graphics are not as important to me so this is fine. But with the new mac being newer graphics and a quad core i7. It should be completely fine on med-high settings. Im thinking of upgrading to the new mac mini. Save alotta dough and still use my big screen tv. Haha

youtube.com/jacobizreal