Application running

Application running

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mitch Puls.9145

Mitch Puls.9145

Q:

I’m having some trouble with the client the last few days.
The problem is that if I play the game and exit after a while, the next time I start the client again I get a message that a client is already running. The only way I can revert this is by restarting my computer. Don’t know if this is a common problem..

Application running

Posted by: Kalimni.9731

Kalimni.9731

There are a few of us here that have been having the same issue since the last big patch.

The prob;em is that the GW2.exe is not fully shutting down. If you go to your task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) look under the processes tab, you will find that the GW2.exe is still running. Click it, then click ‘end process’ and you should be good to go.

Application running

Posted by: Ryokuro.8125

Ryokuro.8125

There are a few of us here that have been having the same issue since the last big patch.

The prob;em is that the GW2.exe is not fully shutting down. If you go to your task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) look under the processes tab, you will find that the GW2.exe is still running. Click it, then click ‘end process’ and you should be good to go.

Absolutely correct. Alternatively, you can just log out of Windows, and log back in and that should also fix the problem. But using the Task Manager is the way to go in this case.

Core i7 3770K OC’d @ 4.5Ghz ~Asus P8Z77 V-Deluxe
GTX980 Strix ~ 32GB RAM
Crucial m4 256Gb SSD ~ Seagate 1TB 7.2k RPM HDD