Articles in "News" bugged on Mozilla Firefox

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: BrotherofShadows.7426

BrotherofShadows.7426

To keep things short and sweet;

Articles in the “News” section don’t show for me. The “News” section itself works fine, but every article is missing and shows the screen I have added in the attachments.
This has always been the case for me as long as I can remember.

I use the latest build of Mozilla Firefox, and have not modified the browser in any way other than installing AdBlocker software.

I tested, and this doesn’t seem to affect Google Chrome. Everything displays fine there. But seeing as Chrome isn’t my main browser (As I’m sure is the case for a good portion of other people) switching over to it every time I wish to read an article would be tedious.

Hope to see this issue resolved.

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might check your browser settings, as I use Firefox and the Community → News page works fine for me.

What I can’t use is the ‘Support’ link on the forums.

Good luck.

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

It has been quite a while since I was able to read the GW2 news page. I use Firefox and when I try going to the page, I always get pretty much what your screenshot shows. I now just go to another site to read the news.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

AdBlocker software.

… is what’s causing it.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

AdBlocker software.

… is what’s causing it.

Works fine for me in Firefox using uBlock.

Edit: Out of curiosity I installed Adblock Plus and it worked as well. However, I’m on Mac so maybe that matters…

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Works fine for me in Firefox using uBlock

Make it more paranoid and it will. uBlock Origin with certain rules enabled will block the social media elements on the page, which in this case happens to be embedded in the article, so the entire thing is hidden.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Well I suppose the OP could try to whitelist the page with whatever ad blocker they are using and see if that works.

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I use Adblock Plus with 8 filters, and no issue.

I see it is filtering/blocking YouTube (though that works fine on the page) and some Google stuff. I’ve never messed around with it, so I guess it’s on the default settings.

I would guess OP and others might consider white-listing the page, or disabling the blocking program, if any.