Audio Problem

Audio Problem

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Amria.2461

Amria.2461

Ever since I updated my audio drivers I’ve been having a problem ingame: occasionally certain things will stop making any sound, as if I’ve muted something in the sound options which I have not. I will still able to hear the bgm and any UI sounds such as opening/closing windows, but NOT any kind of sound that would come from my – or any other – character or NPC, no skill sounds, no voiced dialog, not even jumping into or out of water.

Using a waypoint/switching maps, or re-launching the client seems to fix it, until it happens again that is.

Audio Problem

Posted by: mysticalrk.9673

mysticalrk.9673

I have a same issue since the latest update of GW2, so it has to be something related with that.

I’m using a 5.1 surround sound speakers, so dunno if anyone has same problem with that?

Audio Problem

Posted by: eldris.8461

eldris.8461

I have the same issue. It’s not all sounds, just character sounds, like jumping, fighting sound effects, etc. I can’t tell if it’s since the latest update though because I haven’t played in a few weeks. It seems pretty random about when it happens and the only thing to fix it seems to be to go back to the character select screen and go back in again.

Interface sounds and background music still work even when the character sounds have cut out.

Audio Problem

Posted by: Superneil.8069

Superneil.8069

I have the same issue, Music and interface sound effects work fine, but weapons, and character movement just drops out. I found if I log out to character select then back in the sound is restored for 5 mins or so, and then cuts out. Must be the latest patch because I last played around a week or so ago, and this issue wasn’t present. I hope it gets patched soon as its a bit surreal not being able to hear certain things!

Audio Problem

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hey guys,

I’ve seen a few of these reports circling around. We’re currently investigating this issue so I’d like for anyone experiencing this problem to please submit a support ticket with a Game Advisor report attached so that we can continue to look into this. The thread below should provide more information on contacting support:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2/first#post3957

Audio Problem

eldris.8461

Done. Ticket #130924-001795

Audio Problem

Posted by: Robert.4197

Robert.4197

Hey guys,

I’ve seen a few of these reports circling around. We’re currently investigating this issue so I’d like for anyone experiencing this problem to please submit a support ticket with a Game Advisor report attached so that we can continue to look into this. The thread below should provide more information on contacting support:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2/first#post3957

I’m not sure if this is related or not but the audio dev is already aware of this and is working on a fix. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Sounds-dissapear-after-talking-to-scouts-Merged/ If this is something different, then I apologize.

Audio Problem

Posted by: Killrazor.3276

Killrazor.3276

having same issue.! submitted ticket… 130926-000401

Audio Problem

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Same here, since the Teq patch; never before.

One thing that’s consistent for me is that when I go to a scout and listen to their info, when I come out, I’ve lost about 80% of the game sounds. Not sure it happens everywhere, but I was doing the Boss Week achieves, and the relevant zones were ones I hadn’t been to very much, so I was visiting all the scouts. Each time, same thing.

I have the notion that it’s been happening in other cases, but can’t think of any at the moment. Just thought it was entirely random until today.

Audio Problem

eldris.8461

For anyone that didn’t raise a ticket, here are the instructions I got that fixed my audio problems (except the separate issue of audio going when you talk to a scout)

NOTE this resets your settings. Something I wasn’t told, but probably shoulda figured would happen. The process repairs the installation by verifying your archive. It doesn’t have to re-download except if anything is broken. Didn’t take too long when I did it.

“First,

1. Hold down the Windows button on the keyboard and hit the R key.
2. Paste in the following line and then click OK.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2

Delete the local.dat file located here.

Next,

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.
2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Repair.”
4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
5. Edit the “Target” line to include -repair at the end.

Note: Please make sure -repair is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -repair
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -repair”

6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.

7. Right-click “Guild Wars 2 Repair” and select “Run as Administrator.”

Allow the repair to run and once completed, “Right-click” “GW2.exe” or your Guild Wars 2 Shortcut and select “Run as Administrator.” "