Authentication Too Strict!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: BlindeyeInsight.5367

BlindeyeInsight.5367

I have a DSL internet connection, connection two computers through a router. I am not on a static IP. It changes whenever my modem reconnects, and due to where I am (east coast Canada) the connection is not stable. I may have a new ip every few hours.

This means every single time I log-in to Guild Wars 2, I have to do the e-mail authentication thanks to the new stricter changes. This is enormously inconvenient and time-consuming. The added security is frustrating, and I’d rather be without it.

Please take this into consideration.

I’d like to hear if other players with non-static IPs are having similar problems since the change.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Mine changes and I just accept the email. I’d rather that then have hackers get my account. I had to change my password as I got 9 hack attempts in 1day. Without it I would have been screwed.

Think of it this way: would you rather lose your account or spend a brief amount of time authorizing a new IP?

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

Usually you can say “remember the network” because changing the IP is the norm for most players. Network means the IP range that is known from your ISP. I did so and I only have to authorize a new IP range, if Anet does not know it belongs to my provider.

Permanent IPs are a luxurious item and maybe available for all when IPv6 gets standard.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Can you tell me when this “stricter” authentication began?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet