Authenticator deleted, unable to access?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

I had downloaded the computer version (not the mobile version, as my phone was in the other room and Im lazy lol) to get that neat dragon mini. A few days later I uninstalled the authenticator app from my laptop. Fast forward to now, I have a new computer I am trying to install GW2 to and its unable to verify me on the new computer. No biggie, Ill just remove the authenticator from my account. Turns out I cant, without two codes that I need to enter, and I dont know how to get those. Do I need to reinstall the computer app and if so, how do I find it? Googles website is only showing me the mobile app not the regular one, and I dont remember how I got it in the first place! My heads a bit fuzzy with all the myriad things I have to do on this new computer so I apologize if Im being a bit thick

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may have used WinAuth, which you can download from its site.

If you continue to have issues, you can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance.

Good luck.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Did you write down the code you needed to configure the authenticator?
If so you can just install the authenticator and use that code again.
If not if you still have access to the files on your old computer you can copy this file
c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\WinAuth\winauth.xml
to your new pc and import it into the authenticator.
If all this is not possible you need to contact support to remove the authenticator.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

Ah HA! Thats exactly it, thank you so much!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Why in the name of the Six Gods did you uninstall the one piece of software you need if you every try to login, even to the forums, from another location with your laptop? It can’t be space, it’s only 3.7MB.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Did you write down the code you needed to configure the authenticator?

if you still have access to the files on your old computer you can copy this file
c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\WinAuth\winauth.xml

You can also view the key in WinAuth on your old PC with rightclick → show secret key

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.