Auto Login Change (bug?)

Auto Login Change (bug?)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

With the new update the auto login behavior no longer works the same. Before the game would automatically log in to my account then start the game after the 4 second count down.

After the patch the game now requires I click the login button manually (the 4 second count down still works).

Was this an intended security change or is it a bug related to your changing some of the guts for the launcher?

Auto Login Change (bug?)

Posted by: Ceribis.8104

Ceribis.8104

My issue is that it’s no longer saving my password even when ‘Remember Password’ is set.

Keeghan – Sylvari Mesmer – Jade Quarry

Auto Login Change (bug?)

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

With the new update the auto login behavior no longer works the same. Before the game would automatically log in to my account then start the game after the 4 second count down.

After the patch the game now requires I click the login button manually (the 4 second count down still works).

I’m seeing the same. I have both userid and password remembered. I also tried explicitly adding the -autologin parameter (referenced in the wiki) to the program command, but that made no difference. It’s not exactly a huge deal, but it IS annoying.

Auto Login Change (bug?)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen people complain about autologin not working in the windows tech support forum as well. So hopefully that’s one issue that will be fixed soon at least…

Auto Login Change (bug?)

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, there is a reddit thread up too. I’m okay with the change if they provide us with compelling evidence why it was bad behavior (and get rid of the 4 second count down).

Auto Login Change (bug?)

Doghouse.1562

Yeah, there is a reddit thread up too. I’m okay with the change if they provide us with compelling evidence why it was bad behavior (and get rid of the 4 second count down).

I’ve always suspected that the countdown was there to make sure we at least had a chance to look at whatever messages they’d posted on the second panel. If so, though, it doesn’t do its job – I’m always just at the stage of thinking “Hmm, I ought to read that…” when the countdown ends, and I lose the hyperlink…

Auto Login Change (bug?)

Posted by: Feydiir.2609

Feydiir.2609

Yup count me in as a “me too” on this issue as well..

Late 2012 iMac – 3.4 GHz i7 – 16 GB – GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB – OSX 10.11

Auto Login Change (bug?)

Doghouse.1562

Fixed for me after last night’s patch.