Automated ban for sending gold to my gf

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

How dare you still tell people you don’t automaticly ban people?

Account terminated for engaging with gold or item sales for real-world money, which is a blablabla. – 5 minutes after i send my girlfriend gold via in game mail. The same person that sends me her gold everyday so i save up for her and i play with her basicly all day everyday.

If this is not an automated ban then you must have really really low iq people working. I know this sounds harsh but i just want you to admit you are automaticly banning people. And if it was actually really a person that looked * oh this guy sent over 1k gold to this person must be a sale* without even checking same people play with eachother all day and send gold to eachother every kitten day then you should fire them. Easy as that.

Already made a ticket for it. Now i have to wait till your support see it and check it slowly and unban me.

GG Anet. This action is permanent i’ll have my money back if it is.

Edit: Do i have to wait for 3 days for this kind of b.s as well? After all it is nothing i’ve done wrong.

(edited by tyu.9470)

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Well, you will have to wait till you get an answer from support.
Posting here before that is frowned upon.
If it takes longer then 3 days, post your ticket number in the sticky for tickets 3 days and older.

Also, if you want support to be kind, this kind of post is not going to work in your favor. Support does their best but mistakes do happen. Please, have some patience.

tyu.9470

I know i just want them to admit in public they automaticly ban. Who do they think they fool? – I don’t need kind answer from them i need them to do their job easy as that. I’m usually calm over my tickets (which they’ll see in previous support tickets)

But a permanent ban should NEVER be given so easily so no i do not think they do their best. It is really really EASY to see this wasn’t a gold sale if they looked in anything except the gold amount that was sent. Unless its botted.

Sad part is the time i’m losing in game as my gf is far away from me till xmas and this is where we have fun online.

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I understand the circumstances. But this is just not the way to go about it.

Not fun, but waiting is the only option right now. As for automated or not, I’m sure they do their best to try and keep it a fair as possible.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

So you are saying both Gaile Gray and Mike O Brien are liars??
Why are you even playing this game if you don’t trust them. I have no reason to believe they are making human errors.
I do believe that there is some propaganda by the RMT-ers going on who are trying to put Anet in a bad spot here. Keep that in mind when you are reading people claim that anet autobans.

Anyways, I know that (if you are innocent) that it is annoying, but I do think that this behaviour is the way to get your issue resolved. Anet has the right to terminate your account and don’t need a reason, thats what you agreed to when you started playing. So maybe try to talk to them and bout them a little bit more friendly.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I must say, from personal experience, that a ‘permanent’ ban is handed out without seemingly checking all the facts. I was banned (for RMT sales) for putting gold in my guild bank, and then removing it. I understand this might look a bit suspicious (especially as I was travelling at the time), but at the very least, once you provide all the information explaining the actions, as well as proof it is your own account, you should not repeatedly receive those letters stating that this has been thoroughly reviewed by personnel and their decision stands. I must, again, strongly suggest the wording of the (very much looks like an automated, even if it isn’t) responses be under consideration for a change. It is very disheartening to get those letters. Also, maybe do a bit more research before sending them out. Obviously, after asking to look into a case multiple times (in my case, 4 times), they (when people are innocent) find out there has been a mistake.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

mercury ranique.2170

You are talking on subjects you have no clue about mercury. Don’t pull this into they can do what they want they cannot. It is sueable and people have sued and won cases linked to random bans. Why would you even bring this up here?

I’m confident i’ll be unbanned once they check this out. All i am saying is that they should never give bans automated (or without checking any fact except the amount of gold sent which is also automated behaviour imo.)

And do not tell me how i should be or feel when my girlfriend feels responsible for getting me banned since she took the money and cries about it i can’t change her mind so yea im not being friggin friendly.

Ow I do have clues, but I’m afraid you have no clues. Those cases where for games with monthly fees. Not a free to play game. You are not paying for any service so you don’t have legal rights for service either. If your account is very fresh you could get a refund, but looking over your history on the forum that is not the case.

I do know it is frustrating when things like this happens. I also had it happen to my girlfriend once. But instead of ranting on a forum and telling rubish and engaging in personal attacks to those who wants to be helpfull, I comforted her and we waited patiently for an answer from support.

So please wrap your arms round her. Like I said, if you are innocent I know it will be allright.

Bout the time it is going to take. It totally depends. If it is a moment of not paying attention from the GM’s site and just a stupid mistake, it will prolly be fixed in a matter of hours. If it is a misunderstanding where it is difficult to judge wether this is an RMT or an normal transaction, then it can take longer. Like Sandra said, if it takes longer then 72 hours, please post the ticket number in the designated sticky.

tyu.9470

Yeh but my post had 2 points: 1) This is so close to automated ban – that even if there was a person involved the action itself is automated. Which they refuse to admit. 2) That i have to wait 3 days or so even if it is a ban by their side on me due to sending gold via in-game mail.

It is you that came up with random stuff about how i legally have no rights while my mother is a lawyer and i believe she knows a bit about what she tells me i dont even know why you would prolong this conversation for so long. And i also really find it funny that people tell the last part (75 hour please do x) while i didn’t even ask that information. Not like you’ll get a green name like wow forums mate.

Posted by: Carbine.4706

Carbine.4706

You are talking on subjects you have no clue about mercury. Don’t pull this into they can do what they want they cannot. It is sueable and people have sued and won cases linked to random bans.

Mercury is actually very dead on. You should take a good look at the End User Agreement. It does say they can terminate an account at their own discretion, and you did agree too this in order to play the game. As far as you attempting to get a refund, there is something about too in the agreement you should take a look at.

If you are in fact innocent on this, Support will help you.

(edited by Carbine.4706)

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

One way RMT send gold is by sending small amounts over multiple days in the attempt to avoid detection. Her send you the gold everyday is probably what got your account flagged and banned. Hopefully you can work with support and get it fixed.

tyu.9470

Hmm.. but she* sent me gold for months really.. i only got banned 5 mins after i sent her the half of the amount we made. I think the big sum is the problem..but again it would be automated flag as they can see our talks in chat logs about how we plan on saving gold etc.

mercury ranique.2170

thank you for now calling it flag. I do think you have some good arguments (assuming you are telling the truth off course). But it does mean that support has to go over a lot of history and it might take time. Like I said, be patient and it will be ok.

tyu.9470

Mercury is actually very dead on. You should take a good look at the End User Agreement. It does say they can terminate an account at their own discretion, and you did agree too this in order to play the game. As far as you attempting to get a refund, there is something about too in the agreement you should take a look at.

If you are in fact innocent on this, Support will help you.

it is going a bit out of topic but i suggest you google some eula included cases over the globe. You’ll see it can be counted invalid on certain parts. Google will help you more It depends how good your lawyer is and the decision of the court.

Anyway i am playing the wait game now. I sent them a more detailed update on the ticket after i calmed myself down. We’ll see!

edit: @ mercury yea i may have been unfriendly and kitten ed at start i guess it is only normal Nothing some LoL worlds stream cant fix!

(edited by tyu.9470)

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

it is going a bit out of topic but i suggest you google some eula included cases over the globe. You’ll see it can be counted invalid on certain parts. Google will help you more It depends how good your lawyer is and the decision of the court.

When your appeal reaches the Supreme Court I’m sure they’ll give you the $60 you spent on the game back.

tolunart.2095

LOL in order to “do research” I’d actually have to care about the subject. This is an amusing diversion for a few minutes, not a serious topic.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Just because there’s a TOS and you signed doesn’t mean it will hold up in court, sony and xbox have no sue clause and class action waiver. Most likely the judge can throw the TOS under the bus and deem it’s unconstitutional.

Most company will try to settle before it even reach the supreme court anyway, not only would it costs them way too much money from fines and judgements from the court. The publicity they get is really negative, it will also open a whole new can of worms that make them vulnerable to more lawsuits.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I have actually done some research on this topic, and I’m curious to which suits you’re referring. The only thing I can think of is the Shanda case, which was in China. And maybe the XBL class-action, which I don’t recall ever getting a final settlement?

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

This thread has really gotten goofy and off course. Wait for Anet response on the issue. Everything else here is just people bored looking for things to type about, including myself.

The Burninator

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

So naive of you think lawsuits only involve refunds. If won it usually involves a lot more than that.

Anyway.. as i said research does wonders i don’t know why support forum has so many people that love to type with no research but..off topic stuff is cool i guess

You may want to refrain from talking about legal action because there legal department will get involved and support will no longer be able to help you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/locked-out-of-account/first#post1420017

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I have actually done some research on this topic, and I’m curious to which suits you’re referring. The only thing I can think of is the Shanda case, which was in China. And maybe the XBL class-action, which I don’t recall ever getting a final settlement?

Don’t really follow it, most cases would settle and there would be no more public information about what the terms are so people can’t really search for the result.

R.I.P Kumu <3

bluestocking.6148

Don’t really follow it, most cases would settle and there would be no more public information about what the terms are so people can’t really search for the result.

Sorry, I meant the OP. I just couldn’t think of any cases like that being resolved in favor of the player, other than Shanda.

tolunart.2095

Sorry, I meant the OP. I just couldn’t think of any cases like that being resolved in favor of the player, other than Shanda.

The OP mentioned in one of his posts in this thread: “my mother is a lawyer and i believe she knows a bit about what she tells me”

So maybe you should ask his mom instead.

tyu.9470

So naive of you think lawsuits only involve refunds. If won it usually involves a lot more than that.

Anyway.. as i said research does wonders i don’t know why support forum has so many people that love to type with no research but..off topic stuff is cool i guess

You may want to refrain from talking about legal action because there legal department will get involved and support will no longer be able to help you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/locked-out-of-account/first#post1420017

I’m pretty confident i’ll be unbanned and i did in no way said i’d take legal action against Arena-net. It is just some random people going off topic without educating themselves and well.. i reply while watching LoL stream.

This thread has really gotten goofy and off course. Wait for Anet response on the issue. Everything else here is just people bored looking for things to type about, including myself.

Yea i’m waiting. And i get the second part as well. It is basicly Anet’s fault for letting random people roam so freely over support forums while they moderate normal forums heavily if you ask me. Players are not to be blamed for

Edit: Tolunart is a good example. Trolls always amused me so i feed them. Like pets pretty much.

(edited by tyu.9470)

tolunart.2095

My purpose in life is to spread the warm and fuzzies.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

here is some interesting reading I found after reading this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-user_license_agreement#Enforceability_of_EULAs_in_the_United_States

The enforceability of an EULA depends on several factors, one of them being the court in which the case is heard. Some courts that have addressed the validity of the shrinkwrap license agreements have found some EULAs to be invalid, characterizing them as contracts of adhesion, unconscionable, and/or unacceptable pursuant to the U.C.C.—see, for instance, Step-Saver Data Systems, Inc. v. Wyse Technology,4 Vault Corp. v. Quaid Software Ltd..5 Other courts have determined that the shrinkwrap license agreement is valid and enforceable: see ProCD, Inc. v. Zeidenberg,6 Microsoft v. Harmony Computers,7 Novell v. Network Trade Center,8 and Ariz. Cartridge Remanufacturers kitten ’n v. Lexmark Int’l, Inc.9 may have some bearing as well. No court has ruled on the validity of EULAs generally; decisions are limited to particular provisions and terms.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

bluestocking.6148

@Yoda – I was trying to remember cases that were specifically about users and unenforceable bans, but I guess with a stretch some of those might be relevant. Thanks!

tolunart.2095

Ariz. Cartridge Remanufacturers kitten ’n.

ROTFL Their cat sued someone?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This thread is locked. If you have submitted a ticket — and I stand corrected, I see that you did — then surely you will be helped as soon as possible. If an error was made, it will be corrected. But tossing out accusations, insults to the intelligence of staff, and “How dare you”s isn’t productive, and is in fact disallowed by the Forum Code of Conduct.

If you continue to need help after three days — and only after three days and not before — you may post in the Tickets for Review thread, providing your ticket number. Until then, please be patient and allow this to be resolved properly.

Edited: The OP did not make threats of legal action — that came from someone else (although a reference to “my mother the attorney” certainly directed the comments that followed). The point is, a submitted ticket is good and it will be addressed very soon indeed.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)