Bad FPS preventing me from playing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: cherrypuff.7685

cherrypuff.7685

I’m running an I7 2700k cpu with an nvidia gtx 660ti
Old parts yes, however i have recently returned to the game to find it running absolutely terribly in populated areas, Im sure this never happened before. I get around 12 – 23 fps in LA.
I also can sometimes stand in one place pan my camera to see no players and i jump to 60fps, pan around and it absolutely drops hardcore.
Even if i put graphics to lowest of the low i still wont get a decent fps in a large group.

After doing some research i found people with very similar or the same set ups as i do and they are getting a solid 60 all the time on high settings +
(such as this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kD2l8RZvus)

If anyone can help me out or think of a solution it would be much appreciated.

Also yes i’ve updated drivers
ran as administrator
Put CPU to performance mode
Even tried overclocking a tad

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Even tried overclocking a tad

second gen sandy bridge such as 2700k can oc 4.5 on air pretty easy. OC it much higher.

If you are not willing to oc your cpu, I guess you can buy new hardware such as ryzen or skylake. Newer cpu have a higher IPC increase at a small loss of oc ability.

Either way, the game changed a lot. I am not sure old videos are relevant because Anet have change rendering options in game. We now have a player population and model selector. The game currently might be rendering more than video is showing.

edit: i forgot to mention that anet added things like msaa anti aliasing.

You kinda have to post your ingame settings. We have to know if you are running 1 to 1 high back then

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I get around 12 – 23 fps in LA.

At what, high settings with max model limit and quality? You should only be going that low with ~100 people on screen. For comparison, I have a slightly underclocked (damaged) i7 2600k and I get 30-50 in LA at the bank with ~20 people around, on high settings with aa off, v-sync off, and medium model limit and quality. It only goes down to 20ish in a zerg at a world boss.

A common problem for low FPS has been the GPU not running optimally due to being in the wrong slot. Use GPU-Z to confirm the bus speed, which should be x8 2.0 or higher. If you happen to have to an integrated GPU, confirm that GW2 isn’t using it instead.