Bad performance. Help me!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: hpTheGreat.7502

hpTheGreat.7502

My last thread was closed so I will try this again.

My specs: (nothing is OC’ed)
AMD 1090t @ 3.6Ghz
16GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1300 and 9-9-9-24
Crossfire 6970 × 2. 4GB of Video Memory. GPU clock speed @ 890MHz, memory clock @ 1375MHz.
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.
Control Catalyst version 12.8
Internet speed 10mbit download.
Running on 1920×1080

OKAY?!

Now,
the “auto-detect” graphical settings the game gives me is everything maxed. Fine, makes sense.
But what doesnt make sense is that the game runs at 15-30 fps at the “auto-detected” settings.
Okay fine, I turned off reflections as that seemed to have the biggest impact in performance even when not close to water… Not as bad but still lags. Turned shadows to medium and that seemed to have a bit of a performance increase too.
Okay, now don’t get me wrong I am not here to complaint that i cant run this game on maximum! But even after turning down those settings and trying much more, and although the game tells me I am getting 30-50 FPS, it still feels laggy. If you are reading this there is a good chance you’ve been playing PC games for a while and know what micro-stuttering is. This is basically what I am experiencing here. I am told it is running at say 45 FPS but when turning the camera it stutters, its not smooth.
AND I am getting CONSTANT dips in the 20s. I am questing by my self, it is running say at 50fps, I turn around then boom a quick dip into the 20s, enough for the game to lock up for a split second and go back to “normal”. This is also constant and annoying.
I’ve experienced true smootheness in this game but only indoors where there isn’t much to draw.

Okay, so I guess noone is experiencing this as my last thread was closed and directed to a technical support FAQ? Yes, I know I need to upgrade my video card …
I like the game and I would like to enjoy it but it is impossible as this constant lagging is breaking the immersion. Thanks!

PS. I have AA off and I have set the CCC settings to PERFORMANCE across the board.

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

no you do not have to upgrade anything, you have to simply be patient and let arenanet update the game and fix the known problems, they are prioritizing hacked accounts right now so its likely they could be focusing on security over performance. Te game is only just over 1 week old, give it time to mature and other companies like Nvidia/Ati/AMD/Intel to optimise their drivers and hardware for this game.

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

Posted by: hpTheGreat.7502

hpTheGreat.7502

I never mentioned upgrading anything.
And has arena net confirmed that this is a known issue?

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

Yes. There is nothing any of us can do about it, since they shrug off any attempts at communicating over it. They say it’s a problem, they know it is, but that is as far as we have gotten in the past few weeks.
Currently I get 18 FPS on any settings with a 8120 FX Bulldozer and Radeon 6850, even tried to OC both, change settings, driver updates, all that…Nothing helped one bit.

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

Have you tried disabling CFX? Im running single 6950@6970 Im not having much issues with pve on best appearance with Fxaa and everything tho.

PS: Im using 12.8 with CAP2

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

Posted by: Nova.6902

Nova.6902

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Crashing

ALL of these people, inclusing me are having the same problem. It’s a matter of bad optimization on ArenaNets part. Some reason runs of the CPU more than the GPU. I have a good PC. Snd I get 80% CPU usage with 20-30% GPU usage, which is terrible. Untill they fix it, there is nothing you can do.

Run a diagnostic tool and post it on the thread I just linked, aNet are asking for them to solve this problem faster.

You are not alone on this matter.

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

I never mentioned upgrading anything.
And has arena net confirmed that this is a known issue?

Yes you did

Yes, I know I need to upgrade my video card …

and no you do not need an upgrade, its best to wait and see what happens in the coming weeks when ATI/AMD get their hands on the game and begin optimising their drivers, also give ArenaNet some time to work through their bug reports and code fixes.

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

The game ran completely fine for me until the patch that was put out today or last night. I’ve had no problems playing it since the 3 day headstart launch. My fps has dropped dramatically it rarely gets higher than 15fps and usually stays somewhere around 10. I never bothered to check it before because I didn’t have problems with it.

Posted by: Gameslave.9208

Gameslave.9208

I am having the same issue. The FPS on the counter doesn’t seem accurate when moving the camera about. I run i5-2500k @ 4.7GHz, crossfire 2x 7870s. The entire time my second card is spiking in utilization while the first card uses 25-55% utilization. But this only happens in some zones some of the time. Oddest thing.