Banned under accusation of gold buying

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: fxchin.8954

fxchin.8954

I’m posting this on behalf of my friend who recently got banned for accusation of gold buying. His details and message are below.

Your GW2 Username : XXXXXXXXX@hotmail.com
Your GW2 Display Name : yungyao.4XXX (protection purposes)
Your serial code : CMMNV3-XXXXX-XXXX-XXX-XXXXXXG (protection purposes)
A character name, if any : XXXX MoXXXXXXis 80 ranger, XXXXXX MoXXXXXXis 80 engineer
A detailed description of the issue that you’re experiencing : Banned under accusation of gold buying
Any error code that you are getting : 45:6:3:2114

“Recently, to my very surprise i’ve been banned under the accusation that i’ve been buying gold. I don’t know what to say as i’m speechless that this has happened. I do appreciate that the devs and gms are combating the botting and gold selling system but it doesn’t mean that all large transactions are due to ‘gold selling’. I guess I understand why my account got flagged, its because there was a mail transaction of 400g just a few days ago. Let me explain. I was at the very last step of crafting the legendary weapon Kudzu and needed some gold in order to complete it. My friend who has it, sent it to me through mail from his ‘broker/banking’ character (i.e. a low level character placed at the tp) in order for me to purchase the precursor from a guild mate. My guild mates and I are all legendary weapon enthusiasts so therefore we help each other craft the weapons in the form of materials and gold. As you know a legendary requires a vast amount of gold to make therefore a large transaction across our characters would be quite common. We’ve been sending each other gold ranging from 5 to 700g which would seem alarming due to the amount. There was already 4 cases of my guild members that were accused as being a gold seller, but all got resolved quickly and I hope the misunderstanding of mine does too. Bots and gold sellers have been my worst enemy since World of Warcraft days as they have destroyed the economy and fun of the game. I can assure you that i’m 100% against these people and their shenanigans. I really hope this gets resolved soon as its ridiculous to get banned for crafting a legendary. Although i’m chinese but it doesn’t mean that i’m a gold seller or buyer. I hope that arenanet isn’t biased towards our entire race just because a few have sought to break the game through illegal transactions.”

Gangnam Clan [GNAM] – Darius Morghullis

(edited by fxchin.8954)

fxchin.8954

I can vouch for him as I know him in real life and he has been my friend for ages. He’s an honest player and have always been since we started playing MMORPGs years ago. I hope you guys reconsider the situation he’s currently in. Thanks.

Posted by: MoonDaisy.4102

MoonDaisy.4102

I am sorry about the false positive you received on your account, however, this post has put you in a more dangerous situation. You displayed your user name and game Serial Code which hackers will love to have to hack your account. I would suggest you submit a support ticket immediately about the false positive and ask a moderator to delete this post.

My humble opinion

fxchin.8954

Fair enough. A ticket has been submitted and I just edited the post crossing out the information. Thanks.

Posted by: MoonDaisy.4102

MoonDaisy.4102

Good job! I’d really hate to see you get hacked because of that.

fxchin.8954

Well him, not really me. Haha. But thanks mate. Didn’t realise about the info part. Well spotted.

Posted by: weijie.1073

weijie.1073

I can vouch for him as I know him in real life and he has been my friend for ages. He’s an honest player and have always been since we started playing MMORPGs years ago. I hope you guys reconsider the situation he’s currently in. he was the one that introduce me into guild wars. since, we have had lots of fun with the game play. let hope that this issue wont affect the time and effort we used in the game. he is also an active player and well respected in the guild.

(edited by weijie.1073)

fxchin.8954

Weijie why did you copy and paste my message, you fool. You should’ve written a more sincere one. Lol.

Ticket #130109-000628

Posted by: lousyloy.2604

lousyloy.2604

I am his guild leader in the game and his friend in real life. He holds an important role and is a respectable person in the guild.
I will vouch for him and I hope Anet will look into the situation to solve this problem as soon as possible. Thank you.

Posted by: DeadPhone.3084

DeadPhone.3084

two things, 1) cover up the email address. We don’t need to see it and tell you friend to expect an email from me. (will use something special to identify it). Thats 1 part of hacking an account. 2) Hide Toon names. Same reason as before.

fxchin.8954

Edited. Cheers.

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

As his email seems to have been visible on this forum for some short time, I would consider it to be compromised too. The bad guys can and will read this forum too.

I would suggest that your friend should ask for a change of email as well.

Posted by: Mr J.5802

Mr J.5802

He is a great and honest player who has never been involved in these issues. The admin should really look into this problem quickly.

Posted by: Zhasona.6910

Zhasona.6910

you guys are cool, supporting each other in guild and helping when mate got banned. Really like how you guys cherishing each other in the game.

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi,

Please submit a ticket to have this issue resolved, anyone here but the support can help you in such cases.

As a reminder, never put your account details on the forums.

Thanks for your understanding