Barely able to play after patch (FPS issues)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I run a setup with an i7 2600k, 16GB of ram and an EAH5450 GPU.
I generally use my computer for audio production/processing purposes, and I don’t play any games outside of gw2, so I didn’t really feel the need to buy an expensive GPU.

Before the 25th of august patch I was able to play the game smoothly on medium-high settings, averaging about 30-40FPS.
Since 2 days ago I’m suddenly averaging around 15FPS on lowest settings, and even less FPS (5-10) in fights with graphically heavy animations (icebow, meteor shower, burn particles etc).
I don’t have any packet loss at all, and average around 40 ping.
The only thing I can imagine that caused this is that they severely updated the game’s graphics, but I don’t see any visual representation of that at all.

I focus on the more hardcore aspect of dungeon and fractal running, and this FPS issue basically makes the game unplayable for me.
I’ve heard of friends/guildies that they are also experiencing FPS drops after patch, but not as heavy as mine.

Does anyone know what might be the cause of this, and more welcome, a possible fix?
I know it might be related to my GPU not being top tier, but I currently don’t posses the money to upgrade it, and I honestly don’t think its worth spending 100+ euros on a GPU just to play 1 game for a few hours a day.

Any help is appreciated!

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

Got same problem, just mine is happening even in the city. I know other people have the same issue and they all say it happened after last patch. My fps drops to 5-8 when I am in city and the all game slows down (including the audo ). I just cant play like this.

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Your CPU is still a contender these days, especially with a little overclocking.

Your GPU is weak but,as you said, there were no listed or view-able changes to the graphics in that patch.

My system is still running perfectly normal, as is the majority of people. Else the tech support forum would be flooded with complaints. People wouldn’t play with 15fps!

So I have to assume it’s something on your end causing this. Though there were a few people saying CPU usage and temperatures had gone up since the patch, I haven’t seen an increase and I monitor constantly.

Running Win10? There have been various problems with Win10 after updates but I cant help you there, I’m holding back upgrading.

Also use HWmonitor,or Speccy, to monitor your temps when you have the game running and report back here with them.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

So yeah, apparently after patch gw2 does something to my CPU that it doesn’t like.
Before the patch whenever I checked it was usually around 55-60C
I also opened Black Ops 2 just to compare the temperatures and my CPU was around 70C there, while Black Ops 2 has a lot higher graphical requirements.

I’m not using Win10 btw

Attachments: