Beg for an update for Mac client

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Benedictus.9042

Benedictus.9042

There are lots of problems since I updated my OS to 10.9, such as mouse going crazy and tgupdate issues. IDK how to fix it and support team just kept replying my email with troubleshooting steps. It’s okay that mac client is not native but at least make it support os 10.9 plz.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Those are issues introduced by 10.9 and the adoption rate amongst mac users to 10.9 has been extremely slow. I doubt they will fix it any time soon, especially if 10.9 is handling files in a completely different way.

Posted by: Emory Miromme.3012

Emory Miromme.3012

I had that mouse issue, and I’m not quite sure it went away, but it did eventually. Also, I keep getting that tgupdate every time I launch the game.

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hey guys – I know you all really, really, want an update. I’m still in the process of collecting a lot of data in regards to known issues and whatnot and forwarding this all to the appropriate “Mac guys/gals” but at this time I really don’t have any new information to provide. The second I hear something I will be sure to let you all know!

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

Hey thanks arena net is the best company ever. This is the best game and you guys are perfect in every single way.

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

Thanks for some news. Hope to hear some official talk about fixes soon!

Emory Miromme.3012

Not gonna happen.

FlamingFoxx.1305

Not gonna happen.

Yes because you know this for a fact.

Emory Miromme.3012

When was the last time the client was updated? Heck, the client is still in beta and it’s been out since 2012. It is highly improbable that a native client will ever be made. If it does happen, I would think it most certainly won’t be any time soon.

Posted by: Legacy.2463

Legacy.2463

Good lord… So I got this game for Christmas 2012. Wife got it ‘cause we’re Mac people and it had a Mac client. I never got around to playing it past a few hours. I’d like to give it a shot now. Running 10.9 (as the upgrade rate to 10.9 is very high among Apple users since it’s a free upgrade). Mouse goes crazy in one direction. Game is not playable. This is true on a system w/ an Erase & Install of 10.9 w/ no additional installs/data. WHY is this still in beta? It’s been in beta for over a year…

FlamingFoxx.1305

Good lord… So I got this game for Christmas 2012. Wife got it ‘cause we’re Mac people and it had a Mac client. I never got around to playing it past a few hours. I’d like to give it a shot now. Running 10.9 (as the upgrade rate to 10.9 is very high among Apple users since it’s a free upgrade). Mouse goes crazy in one direction. Game is not playable. This is true on a system w/ an Erase & Install of 10.9 w/ no additional installs/data. WHY is this still in beta? It’s been in beta for over a year…

10.9 is not officially supported. I would strongly suggest creating another partition on your hard drive and installing an older version of OSX (Mountain Lion would be best) and seeing if you have better luck with that. From what I have heard 10.9 introduces a fair amount of issues.

Also, I’m pretty sure the 10.9 adoption rate has been far lower than previous updates (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion) despite the fact that it is free :P

Emory Miromme.3012

10.9 is not officially supported. I would strongly suggest creating another partition on your hard drive and installing an older version of OSX (Mountain Lion would be best) and seeing if you have better luck with that. From what I have heard 10.9 introduces a fair amount of issues.

An even better reason to update the kitten client. A lot of people actually have changed to Mavericks, and if it’s causing issues with their game, they should update it to fix the problems.

FlamingFoxx.1305

An even better reason to update the kitten client. A lot of people actually have changed to Mavericks, and if it’s causing issues with their game, they should update it to fix the problems.

I imagine the problems relate to the way Mavericks interacts with Cider – so it’s possibly beyond the GW2 staff to do anything until Cider does something. Mavericks changes the way the system behaves. Anyone who has upgraded to Mavericks has done so with the information that it isn’t supported by GW2 in front of them.

Posted by: Shinoro.2047

Shinoro.2047

I noticed the mouse issue too when I reformatted my Macbook Pro and put 10.9 on it. However, I discovered a fix for this. If you log into GW2 and the mouse starts going crazy, just COMMAND+TAB out of Guild Wars and go to the desktop. Use your mouse or trackpad and click and drag anywhere on the desktop (as if you’re making a selection). Then COMMAND+TAB back into Guild Wars and it will be gone. Works every time for me. Try it.

Posted by: AndRec.3496

AndRec.3496

To answer some poster above At moment other than some lag issues with the info on this forum i have fixed all the problem in mavericks , i wrote just to say that when someone buy this game can read : lion, mountain lion or later… And can read : keep the system updated, so.. It need to work with mavericks…..
I wanna say one thing i had in mind… If a mega computer noob like me can fix all the problem that this game have ( some of the mat least,) why some of the developer cant spend 5 min to send an upgrade with this fix by official channel? Isnt that the way the beta work? kitten people in this forum have done Gret job bypassing the Bugs…. Take them to work on this beta :P

Posted by: Aigisthos.3059

Aigisthos.3059

Hey guys – I know you all really, really, want an update. I’m still in the process of collecting a lot of data in regards to known issues and whatnot and forwarding this all to the appropriate “Mac guys/gals” but at this time I really don’t have any new information to provide. The second I hear something I will be sure to let you all know!

Wow, well over a year since the last update to this client and yet this is the best we have, the second time in 9 months that we have been promised “The second I hear something I will be sure to let you all know!” from the same mod. Actions speak a lot louder than words. Incredibly disappointing that this has been allowed to go on so long.

FlamingFoxx.1305

It has not been over a year since the client has been updated. Every time there is a tgupdate that is an update specifically to the mac client – and we KNOW that there have been tgupdates since the release of Mavericks because that has caused a lot of people issues with Mavericks not installing them properly…

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, the client actually gets updated every four or so months (not as fast as I’d like but they do seem to be updating it from time to time). The current version is actually quite stable as far as the BLTC. I still get crashes from being around zergs but I think that is problem with the game in general (i.e., windows too).

The main problem is that when significant bugs crop up we hear nothing for weeks to months. This leaves us with the impression that they aren’t working on the client.

Posted by: Juzztn.1305

Juzztn.1305

The issue is that with all the mac games that run smoothly you would think they could work on this a lot faster. Get this thing out of beta! Get us a stable client that doesn’t lag out after awhile of playing.