Being Bombarded With Unauth Login Attempts

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Otleaz.5639

Otleaz.5639

Is there perhaps any way to stop displaying my name USED FOR LOGIN(what the hell were you guys thinking?) in game? I would also like to change my account name if it is indeed possible.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Considering that your email is what you use to log in, it sounds like someone has your email and your password so you may want to change that. Your account id is just an easy way for people to find you no matter what character you are on.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

I’ll agree with Ellieanna, sounds like there is some malware or knows your email. I would suggest creating a new email account just for GW2 as well as create a new email account for your general use then convert your more personal information to that accout to protect yourself from possible ID theft of bank information or something else.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Where is your name (or if you mean your email address) being displayed in game???
Other than logging in at the log-in screen, your email address should never be displayed in-game. There is a ‘bug’, that sometimes displays your email address instead of the account name in your (and ONLY your) UI. If you have encountered this bug, no one else can see your email address, only you. Though, I think they addressed that some time back. If, for some reason, your email address is showing up in-game, I suggest you immediately contact support through a support ticket.

Usually, the only time you can get your display name changed is when it displays personal information (such as your real name). Otherwise, what you chose is what you keep.

Also, I am confused about the title of your thread, you do not mention anything about that in your post. But if you have a roaming IP address, at first, you will receive several log-in authentication requests until the range of IPs is noted. Still, it never hurts to change your passwords for both the game and elsewhere. (Make sure each is unique.) If you wish to change your email address connected with logging in to the game, support can help you with that, as well.

I hope support can help you and you enjoy your time in Tyria. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)