Beta Email?

Beta Email?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

So I’ve had some problems getting emails from ANET. I DID get a beta portal key. So I’m wondering if anyone knows if they sent out the emails with the beta information yet? It does seem to be getting kinda close, and I’m wondering if my system screwed it up again.

Beta Email?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I did get mine, and also have a beta character slot on my account again.

The email basically says the day/time and make sure your client is up to date and you have to play a filthy human character again.

Beta Email?

Morfedel.4165

Wow. I found it. Sort of.

I’m using gmail. I did a search, and found it. The tag says that its in my inbox folder. Leaving search, I go back into my inbox folder, and its not there.

I go back into the search, STAR it, and lo and behold, it appears in my inbox. Remove the star, and it disappears again. All of my emails from guild wars 2 does this.

Whats worse is, they all have a tag showing they are in my inbox folder, not my spam folder. So I have no idea whats going on, making them invisible unless I star it. And if its doing this to guild wars 2 email, I wonder what other emails i’ve also missed.

Beta Email?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Eek, that sounds bad. At least you’ve received it. I have no beta slot or email (and I routinely do get the HoT emails) although I have two portals. Support tells me that I “might” still get an invitation, and an invitation is required for access, and they don’t have the ability to look at my account to see if it’s flagged for the beta.

“Might?” I sure thought those portals were a guarantee.

It could still happen. There’s another full day before it’s verging on too late!

/crosses fingers

Beta Email?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you received the in-game mail, Donari, is that not the ‘invitation’? It certainly isn’t required (stated right here on the forums by Gaile) that you receive the email about the invitation.

If I were you, I would update my ticket and ask to speak to a Supervisor or Team Lead about it.

Good luck.

Beta Email?

Morfedel.4165

tell me, does only the accounts flagged beta get the beta character slot? If so, donari, check next time you log on and see if you have a beta character slot – I have one now.

Beta Email?

Morfedel.4165

Looks like I figured it out. It had some odd filters applied to it, which is weird, because I hardly ever use filters anymore, haven’t had the need. Maybe one of my kids did it?

Anyway, found it, fixed the filters, and now its done. I hope. LOL

Beta Email?

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Q: Is the beta just on the 26th? or will it cover several days?

Beta Email?

Posted by: Draghmar.2594

Draghmar.2594

Q: Is the beta just on the 26th? or will it cover several days?

Testing will begin on May 26, and will run in 2 hour blocks with breaks between each block. The schedule is as follows:

• 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
  • 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
  • 7:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 9:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/closed-beta-testing-on-may-26/

Beta Email?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I still don’t seem to have a beta slot on my account log in. I also haven’t received any HoT email despite signing up for the newsletter 12 times. I got the beta portal, but i’m starting to get worried… anyone else have a portal but no email or slot yet?

Beta Email?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I had the portal drop for me. I instantly got a mail ingame (did you get the same??)
I had the invitation email last friday and I just checked and I have the beta slot.

So clearly something went wrong for you. I suggest to not waste time and contact support straight away by creating a ticket. Although the average handling time is 72 hours, in most cases it is quicker, and I’m sure that they understand this is something that is preffered to be resolved before the beta starts.

Goodluck!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Beta Email?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I still don’t seem to have a beta slot on my account log in. I also haven’t received any HoT email despite signing up for the newsletter 12 times. I got the beta portal, but i’m starting to get worried… anyone else have a portal but no email or slot yet?

Yes. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Beta-Email/first#post5096747

Good luck.

Beta Email?

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I don’t understand how that quote tells us it begins and ends on the 26th. It just says it’s starting on 26th and how the program will be during that day. It doesn’t say it’s the only day.

Beta Email?

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I made a ticket, but i’m not very hopeful at this point… i’m sure they are all on holiday today, and the event is tomorrow.

In case any devs see this thread here is a picture of my ingame mail…

Attachments:

Beta Email?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I registered several times and never got a confirmation from anet. I do receive emails from them occasionally but no idea if they are the newsletter they are talking about or just because they have my email address. If the confirmation email did not get to me and I was picked for the beta I wonder how I would know it did not also get nerfed.

Playing a human? Ugh. I do not see the attraction of playing a human in a fantasy game.

Beta Email?

mercury ranique.2170

US labor laws are a lil bit less set in stone then EU ones, but most US-company’s follow the federal hollidays when it comes to hollidays. afaik, pentecost is not a US federal holliday.

Besides that. Support works 24/7, so also on the weekends and on hollidays

(edited by mercury ranique.2170)

Beta Email?

Donari.5237

It is a US federal holiday today, Memorial Day. However, private businesses almost all continue business as normal today (and retailers have huge sales so you know they’re working!).

Support does work all the time. They’ve done miraculous things for me in the past. Sadly, they seem unable to help here, as I am in the same boat as the OP. I submitted my ticket Saturday and got a response the same day, confirming I’m on the mailing list but not confirming that my account is flagged for beta. They told me to wait a few hours, so I did, but the next morning I still had no slot or email. I posted a followup yesterday, and got:

“Please note that the Support Team is unable to assure you that you will participate in the next Beta test as the invitation is required to access once the event starts. However, if you received the Portal to the Heart of Maguuma and subscribed to the Heart of Thorns newsletter, you might still receive an invitation to participate in the closed beta test.”

That “might” concerns me, well, mightily. Though I do understand that for something not in their control they can’t make any promises (my clients frequently got testy when I wouldn’t promise we were going to win the trial, but a lawyer knows better than to say anything is 100% ), I’d hope the correct word is “should.”

Since, y’know, the portal item says it’s a guaranteed slot, ANet employees have posted on these forums saying it’s guaranteed, I have an in-game mail saying I’m invited …

I submitted my ticket to the Account Support people, figuring that was the closest fit even though they do work on the surrounding login and billing systems, not on the game itself. Does anyone have a better idea for a category for this?

Beta Email?

Morfedel.4165

I registered several times and never got a confirmation from anet. I do receive emails from them occasionally but no idea if they are the newsletter they are talking about or just because they have my email address. If the confirmation email did not get to me and I was picked for the beta I wonder how I would know it did not also get nerfed.

Playing a human? Ugh. I do not see the attraction of playing a human in a fantasy game.

They didnt give confirmation emails for signing up to the newsletter. There was a discussion about that somewhere, where they said “Maybe we should have done that.”

Simply put, do an email search for Guild Wars 2. It should show everything you got. You probably are getting the emails and didn’t get selected, sadly.

Beta Email?

Morfedel.4165

I don’t understand how that quote tells us it begins and ends on the 26th. It just says it’s starting on 26th and how the program will be during that day. It doesn’t say it’s the only day.

You’re right, it does say that, but it seems strongly implied between that and other comments that it really is for just one day. I wish they’d been more clear, but I strongly suspect it’s a one-day thing.

I’ll cross my fingers and hope I’m wrong though lol

Beta Email?

Morfedel.4165

Good luck.

Well, that thread was started by me, and it turned out I DID get the email, my client just screwed it up. And all my gw2 emails. Weird thing was, it wasn’t going to my spam folder, it was just… invisible. Still trying to figure out exactly what happened, but running a search for “guild wars 2” in my email search found it.

That being the case, I DO have a beta character slot now, appeared recently, so check that when you log in.

Beta Email?

ZudetGambeous.9573

Good luck.

Well, that thread was started by me, and it turned out I DID get the email, my client just screwed it up. And all my gw2 emails. Weird thing was, it wasn’t going to my spam folder, it was just… invisible. Still trying to figure out exactly what happened, but running a search for “guild wars 2” in my email search found it.

That being the case, I DO have a beta character slot now, appeared recently, so check that when you log in.

Still no email and no slot for me unfortunately. The email is used exclusively for GW2 so it is hard to miss when I do get it. Hopefully my ticket has more luck than my email.

Beta Email?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, lol, the link doesn’t make as much sense now that the Mods have merged the threads. It just leads back here! Ha.

Beta Email?

Donari.5237

Since the initial response everyone has to this is “you have to scroll to the end of your character slots,” I thought I’d document that I’ve done so, along with the shot of my portals and in-game mail. It is my only account, other than my linked GW1 account. My task bar blurred out the bottom part but it says “16 of 17 character slots in use.” The empty slot is one I’ve owned for a while as I always keep an empty slot to play with character creation or make temporary RP alts.

I’m still wondering what department/category in ANet’s support is best suited to checking why some accounts that have portals have not received the beta slot. I’d be happy to request my ticket be forwarded to the right people.

Attachments:

Beta Email?

mercury ranique.2170

It is a US federal holiday today, Memorial Day. However, private businesses almost all continue business as normal today (and retailers have huge sales so you know they’re working!).

You are absolutly right! I actually checked wikipedia and saw memorial day in May, but never realised that it happened to be on the same day as Pentecost this year, nor looked at the date.

And ye. What you say bout private businesses is what I mean bout less strict labor laws. Atleast in my country (and in most european country’s), a company that stays open has to pay the people who are working as if it is a sunday. This often means double loancosts that day.

anyways…. Someone at Arenanet merged this threat to the one IC linked, so someone is at work at HQ :P!

Beta Email?

Posted by: Draconid.5824

Draconid.5824

I have a portal in my inventory. I have registered my email several times over the last few months. I received an in game mail congradulating me on getting the portal. I have not received any newsletters about HoT and I have not received any beta info. I have searched my email for “beta” and “Guild Wars 2” and I have a lot of messages thanking me for buying gems but no beta information at all. I do not have any rules set up in email to redirect these mails and I have checked spam filter. I use hotmail.

I also do not have a beta slot on my character list but not sure if that applies to this beta.

Update: Well beta is almost over. My open ticket has been responded to three times but no fix. The wording “Players who found this item are guaranteed a spot in the current closed beta test!” are what upset me the most since the beta is nearly over. I am sure they will find the cause and I am hopeful that we will get something in return for having the portal.

(edited by Draconid.5824)

Beta Email?

Menadena.7482

my clients frequently got testy when I wouldn’t promise we were going to win the trial, but a lawyer knows better than to say anything is 100%

OT, but it is not just lawyers. I am a programmer and people HATE it when I will not give a 100% guarantee about anything. I will say ‘to the best of my knowledge’ if backed into a corner but I refuse to commit to an absolute like that.

Beta Email?

Posted by: owamon.2789

owamon.2789

Just passing by and saw this thread so might as well give it a try!

I haven’t got any confirmation email on the one account that I registered for the newsletter (of course I made sure it is the same one as my game’s account). I got a portal drop and in game mail but I was getting worried since I see people already got their confirmations and beta character slot.

Beta Email?

Menadena.7482

They didnt give confirmation emails for signing up to the newsletter. There was a discussion about that somewhere, where they said “Maybe we should have done that.”

Simply put, do an email search for Guild Wars 2. It should show everything you got. You probably are getting the emails and didn’t get selected, sadly.

Thanks, what made it confusing was they said ‘even if you did not get the confirmation emails you are on the list if you get our newsletters’. Which implied there was a confirmation email. People also do not know if they are just getting standard marketing emails (since they had to give their address to register) and the newsletter.

Yes, if they never sent a confirmation email that was a huge ‘oops’.

Beta Email?

Menadena.7482

You are absolutly right! I actually checked wikipedia and saw memorial day in May, but never realised that it happened to be on the same day as Pentecost this year, nor looked at the date.

And ye. What you say bout private businesses is what I mean bout less strict labor laws. Atleast in my country (and in most european country’s), a company that stays open has to pay the people who are working as if it is a sunday. This often means double loancosts that day.

anyways…. Someone at Arenanet merged this threat to the one IC linked, so someone is at work at HQ :P!

It is also geek pride day today.

Yes, US labor laws are completely different from EU and are generally worse. While states differ on the exact laws you typically have 2 major categories of employees: hourly and salaried. If you are hourly then you get paid for extra time (usually time and a half) but if you are salaried that does not apply: your employer can say you need to work the weekend and your only option is to quit, it rarely means extra pay.

Beta Email?

Donari.5237

They’re continuing to work on the issue and will get back to me once they’ve investigated more. I included a link to this thread in my last response to them and requested they help the others from the thread who lack the beta slot as well, so hopefully something nice will happen for all of us.

Beta Email?

ZudetGambeous.9573

They’re continuing to work on the issue and will get back to me once they’ve investigated more. I included a link to this thread in my last response to them and requested they help the others from the thread who lack the beta slot as well, so hopefully something nice will happen for all of us.

sounds hopeful! Haven’t heard anything on my ticket yet.

Beta Email?

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I got a reply that said I should have it by the time the test starts. Of course if it doesn’t show up it will be too late since the test only 6 hours, not sure what else I can do now though.

Beta Email?

Donari.5237

Hmm, no new mails to me. Sill no slot. We’ll see by tomorrow, I guess! It’s more than six hours, though, there are breaks in between so I think it’s more like ten hours. I can be at the first session, not the second, and will need to prevail on my husband’s good will to attend the third. So I sure hope this is fixed before 2:30 pm Eastern tomorrow.

If not, one of my guildies got hers so at least someone from my guild will be in there helping the test.

Beta Email?

ZudetGambeous.9573

About 7 hours left until the first test. Still no email and no beta slot has appeared in my account. I will update my ticket at the 3 hour left mark, hopefully someone at Anet can look into this.

Beta Email?

Donari.5237

I’ve just updated my ticket as I remain beta slotless. I hope you get in, Zudet! You at least got a comment that they thought you’d have the invite in time. If you make it, make sure to test the heck out of things

Though in the stress test I was all set to report bugs and I only found one real one (having to do with problems with a Revenant doing a spirit leap down a slope); the mushroom unlock turned out to be player error. They might have things polished enough that most testers can’t break things.

Beta Email?

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just updated my ticket as well. 3 hours out now, still no email or beta slot. I only have 5 characters so it’s not like it can hide anywhere.

Beta Email?

Donari.5237

I am extra sad because someone is actually now streaming a Revenant in SW, so it looks like those with slots can at least do character creation and play, though she can’t get to the HoT areas.

Beta Email?

Posted by: DarroVain.4763

DarroVain.4763

Beta has nearly started and I still don’t have a beta character slot, got the portal and signed up for the newsletter. Hopefully this gets fixed before the beta starts.

Beta Email?

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I just randomly received another beta portal in the mail from Anet support… No reply to my ticket yet… but I assume they are trying to fix it… It doesn’t seem to have worked though, no beta slot still…

Beta Email?

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think I figured out the problem. I don’t know if this is the case for everyone but here is what I found.

Sending me a new beta portal did not work, I got the portal and the mail again but no beta slot. I then tried moving the portal to a different character. Same thing on my other character. I then tried it again, with my FIRST character. Got the portal from the bank without a problem… BUT my mailbox was different. I do not have the same mail items in my mailbox with my one character. All the other characters share a mailbox except my oldest character.

I suspect my beta access is somehow linked to my account which is linked to my oldest characters mailbox. This mailbox never received the invitation since I got the portal on another character.

If you are having the same problem check to make sure your first character has the same mailbox as the character you got the portal on.

( I only have 1 account)

Beta Email?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

My roommate filed a ticket because of the same issue. She got the drop, but no beta slot yet.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Beta Email?

Donari.5237

I guess I don’t get to play the beta. My last mail from Support was yesterday when they said they needed to investigate further.

Maybe it’ll be fixed by the third time block. I can’t play the middle one, I’ll be doing Tuesday errands with my husband.

Or maybe they can’t fix it and they have enough testers for today’s purposes so it’s not a priority for them … in which case it might be nice (not at all required, of course) for those bugged out of participation, and who could have helped out during today’s test, to be invited to the next one regardless of any RNG requirements.

Beta Email?

ZudetGambeous.9573

I got a final mail from support. They resent me a portal to try opening on another character…. no dice.

Whatever the issue is, they can not solve it. They said if that didn’t work my best bet was to file an in-game bug report….

Beta Email?

Donari.5237

I want your support people! Mine haven’t replied since yesterday, let alone sent me anything in game.

I know there are some beta keys that can be given separately from the portals, so I wonder why ANet hasn’t offered those to the players affected by this glitch. Possibly they can’t for technical reasons.

Beta Email?

Posted by: PerfectionSX.7541

PerfectionSX.7541

I have not got mine too. no beta slot, no email… and the beta has already started -_- I have sent them a ticket but i doubt they’ll reply in time for the beta now… I guess they forgot the mention that there will be some fake portal too?

Beta Email?

Posted by: Spark Angel.2145

Spark Angel.2145

beta part 2: still no contact about my ticket and no fix from what I can tell… :/

Beta Email?

Posted by: PerfectionSX.7541

PerfectionSX.7541

beta part 2: still no contact about my ticket and no fix from what I can tell… :/

Welcome to the troll portal party!

Beta Email?

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

Yeah am in the same boat no email but have portal and signed up for the newsletter.