Bigger interface text 4K

Bigger interface text 4K

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Hi

I’ve got the problem, that if I want to play the game in 4k resolution, I need a magnifiying glass to even read the text when the interface is set on “larger”.

Would it not be possible to make a bigger interface? I’d appreciate that a lot and think others will too.

Bigger interface text 4K

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The devs have enough work to do than cater to the <1% with this issue.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Bigger interface text 4K

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

you’ve tried the ‘interface size’ options in the settings menu… right?

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

Bigger interface text 4K

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

you’ve tried the ‘interface size’ options in the settings menu… right?

I need a magnifiying glass to even read the text when the interface is set on “larger”.

And as Behellagh said; you’re one of the very few who play Gw2 @4k. High end systems don’t have an easy time keeping acceptable FPS at 1440 or 1080p during large events/wvw.

Don’t expect a “Larger large” option any time soon..it could happen,but dont hold your breath.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Bigger interface text 4K

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

bump topic, want an answer from the officials, not a few envious people playing with aluminium cans.

Bigger interface text 4K

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Its been reported a few times now, I think its because when the game was developed, 4k wasn’t even a thing for gaming, I agree that they should look into this, given that a lot of people play other games that might well support 4k, id be amazed if they didn’t have something to cover 4k after HoT is released.

Bigger interface text 4K

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

Its been reported a few times now, I think its because when the game was developed, 4k wasn’t even a thing for gaming, I agree that they should look into this, given that a lot of people play other games that might well support 4k, id be amazed if they didn’t have something to cover 4k after HoT is released.

It has definitely been reported multiple times. I play 3840 × 2160 right now, and while it’s playable, it’s can be really hard to read boon stack numbers and chatlog entries.

It’s hilarious to me that so many people dismiss this issue because “Only 1%’ers play like that, you elitist snob!” These claims are false. Nvidia Dynamic Super Resolution allows gamers to enjoy 4k resolution with non-4k monitors, meaning lots of people are playing or trying 4k.

Another counter-argument: WoW is 10 years old, and they’ve had proper UI scaling since the get-go. They didn’t have to prepare for “4k elitists”, they simple took care of the problem with smart coding. GW2’s UI, however, is the least customizable (but very pretty) UI in the MMO market. Unfortunately, pretty does not trump quality of life.

(edited by Amiron.1067)

Bigger interface text 4K

MrFayth.3546

bump topic, want an answer from the officials, not a few envious people playing with aluminium cans.

Check your privilege, pal.

These aren’t replies from envious people with “aluminium cans”.

For one; Behellagh.1468 has been a constant presence in the Techsupport section(and others) for years. He has a pretty good idea what he’s talking about. Not to mention he has a pretty great rig,iirc.

Two; The reply he gave you is more straightforward than anything id expect from anet. Unless,of course, they have a 4k UI ready to go in a week or two. Then you’d get a useful reply.

If they don’t have a 4K UI very close to being launched,the best reply you can hope for from them is "Ready when it’s ready " or "Soon™ ".

Bigger interface text 4K

Posted by: Maze.3825

Maze.3825

I <3 the aluminum can reference. Ty & gl with your issue.

Bigger interface text 4K

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

You realize how many threads are posted, and how little replies from Anet there are? That is because they can’t reply to each thread to answer questions. If they want to release one, they will. They don’t need to respond to you person with a yes, no, or maybe. They don’t have the man power to focus on forum replies.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Bigger interface text 4K

Behellagh.1468

Can someone explain the Aluminum Can reference because I’m thinking it’s a generation gap thing.

RIP City of Heroes

Bigger interface text 4K

MrFayth.3546

Can someone explain the Aluminum Can reference because I’m thinking it’s a generation gap thing.

He’s saying our PCs are no better than soda cans because we dont/cant run 4k

I think its a language barrier thing. These days,in most corners of the web, it’s called having a Potato for a PC.

Bigger interface text 4K

Behellagh.1468

Okay, I thought it might have been a Mac Pro reference. But they look more like park litter bins than soda cans to me.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

Bigger interface text 4K

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I dont think the OP is out of line with this. There should be UI Scaling for higher resolutions. As another mentioned though, I would suspect that there will be one with HoT release(whenever that happens!).

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932