Birthday booster loss

Birthday booster loss

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Hello,
Recently I was playing on the new WvW map Edge of the Mists, and was using a birthday booster, which had thirteen hours left on it. On using some sips of wxp,and porting it disappeared. I have been in touch with support ticket number [#408567], without any success as they could not return the remains of birthday booster, nor could they give me wxp boosters from the gem shop in return for the loss.
This is my last avenue, to check if this is the case. I am not trying to cause a drama here, just trying to find out if I can somehow get some of the booster back via mini boosters, as I am currently using a different booster.

Whatever the case, thank you, (in advance).

Regards.

Birthday booster loss

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I doubt you will get any help here either. Gaile, who is the Liason who posts here, pretty much is the court of last appeal, as I understand her job, but it’s more to review cases one last time and determine there were no errors made. If support said they are unable to send you another birthday booster then there is nothing she can do there. That might be true also of the other boosters you mentioned. Those are gem store items and support may very well not have access to them.

You posted the ticket number. She can look it over but personally I suspect she will be unable to help you.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Birthday booster loss

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I have asked about this and the team is investigating the possibility this is a bug. I don’t know any more at this time.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Birthday booster loss

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I have asked about this and the team is investigating the possibility this is a bug. I don’t know any more at this time.

I don’t know if this helps bugfixing it but I had a related experience yesterday. I used 8 karma boosters on a character of mine, stacked the karma boost for 8h. After about 30 mins of wvw I noticed that I only had 3h.30 left. About another thirty minutes later I only had 3 mins. it looked like every time I died I’d lose 1h. The timer eventually went all the way to 0 but the buff didn’t fade away, so I asked a friend to check the timer on my buff bar and he correctly saw 6h+. when I relogged the timers were correct on my screen too and the bug didnt seem to happen again.
unlike the op there was no permanent loss, but it might be related anyway :<

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Birthday booster loss

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Thank you Gail, appreciated.