Bitdefender blocking GW2

Bitdefender blocking GW2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Underking.2694

Underking.2694

I got home from work, loaded up GW2 and did all my daily chores on my main account. Then after I was done, I clicked logout in the Character Select screen to log over to my alt account. I then recieved a spam message from my Bitdefender 2016 saying that it has blocked the ‘threat’ GW2-64.exe. I WAS JUST PLAYING IT, why did it suddenly decide it was a threat? I haven’t done ANYTHING with my security settings.

I have tried flushing my DNS, I tried adding GW2 to the exceptions list in my firewall AND Bitdefender. Bitdefender simply WILL NOT let me play GW2.

And no, “Just disable your anti-virus” is not an acceptable reply. It’s worked fine up until now, why is it preventing me from playing?

(edited by Moderator)

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: NuclearPrinny.4203

NuclearPrinny.4203

Not sure if this belongs here but, might as well just post this as you never know, servers being compromised is a scary thought. Perhaps BitDefender is drunk and needs to go home but I’ve never seen it display/block resources just by opening GW2.

Attached the image

Attachments:

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Underking.2694

Underking.2694

I just posted about this in the Tech support thread, I’m having the exact same issue.

For no reason that I can even begin to see, this just started happening.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the Tech CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance. Although, they may direct you to the BitDefender forum/support team.

Good luck.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Bilacus.6104

Bilacus.6104

When I launched the client I got the “connection error(s) detected. retrying” message.
I tried two other online games with US servers without problems.

GW2 is blocked by Bitdefender.
Added http://assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com to whitelist and now I can connect.

One man’s clever sig is most likely another man’s property.
And you may quote me on that.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Aeryn Knight.4351

Aeryn Knight.4351

Having the same issue from the look at the warning from Bitdefender its to do with the latest news part of the log in screen

Attachments:

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Clasm.8016

Clasm.8016

Just got the same issue. Bitdefender free edition is flagging both 32 bit and 64 bit launchers as a threat. Bitdefender did just pushed out a virus signature update.

From my logs at 11:15 Pacific:
Bitdefender has updated its virus signatures.
The update version is 7.64951.
The signature number is 6194819.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Aeryn Knight.4351

maybe a coincidence and it may have been fixed as i did this, but i added the url ‘http://assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com/latest/101’ as mentioned in the image to the whitelist for the ‘Web Protection’ module and i was able to log in

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Aeryn Knight.4351

I wrote the exact same solution in the the other thread not knowing this thread existed.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

bitdefender flagged “http://assetcdn.101.ArenaNetworks.com/latest64/101” as being infected for me as well. i just added both …/latest64/101 and …/latest/101 to my web protection whitelist as well. “…/latest/101” seems to be the more important address to whitelist, though.

– The Baconnaire

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Clasm.8016

Clasm.8016

Yeah, looks like that might be the issue.
https://imgur.com/VYtbvhF

Too bad I can’t figure out how bit defender’s whitelist works for Bitdefender free edition.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Daros.6501

Daros.6501

I still have the same issue even though i have put http://assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com to my whitelist bitdefender continues to block my client

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

same thing with bit defender.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Roksiel.6123

Roksiel.6123

Same problem here with the paid version of Bitdefender. Instead of going around it and disabling it, I’ll wait until it gets fixed somehow. I don’t want to risk it.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I know there is a post up already. Can Anet give a reply please.

Just want the confidence there is no problem on Anet’s end. I unblocked the Anet’s page which Bit defender says have problem, and get pretty paranoid because of it.

I turned the block back on, but is still worried.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You should be writing to the makers of Bit defender about the false positive.

Many visit anet with no problems.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Blude.6812

False positive, you should be contacting bitdefender.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

laokoko.7403

I sent a false positive report to bitdefender.

I’m just saying if there really is no problem. Anet should come out and say their page have no problem. And it is “indeed” a false positive.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Blude.6812

I sent a false positive report to bitdefender.

I’m just saying if there really is no problem. Anet should come out and say their page have no problem. And it is “indeed” a false positive.

Bitdefender is notorious for its’ false positives. The free version is limited. You have much better options. If there was truly a problem you would see a flood of posts from users of all the other various Anti virus programs. Try another AV program and see.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

laokoko.7403

I’m actually paranoid enough I scanned with other virus program.

I think it is a false positive too, but you can never be too safe. I don’t see how a response from anet saying they have checkef the page and see there is no problem hurt though.

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Bitdefender fixed the issue within 2 hours of learning of the issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4c9h4a/bitdefender_seems_to_be_blocking_gw2_launcher/d1g7rwd

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I run with Bitdefender and it has yet complained about GW2 so I don’t know what you are seeing. Running 1.0.21.1109

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Aeryn Knight.4351

Just in case you haven’t read the other thread i will pass this info here, its been fixed by Bitdefender.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4c9h4a/bitdefender_seems_to_be_blocking_gw2_launcher/d1g7rwd

Bitdefender blocking GW2

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Sounds like Bitdefender is junk get rid of it and get a more gamer freandy AV like Avast or just use the built in Windows one that’s all I use and have no issues. Also anet support will not help you with other apps causing issues with the game about the only the they will tell you is to uninstall it.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens