Black Screen after Patch

Black Screen after Patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya.

Am I the only one who is getting some randon black screens after patch were you listen to the music and everything but it force us to restart the game?

Max

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Clerakk.8295

Clerakk.8295

I’m having a similar issue right now. I’m able to log in and everything, but as soon as I hit play a black screen shows up with just the arrow pointer. It changes to the hand in the area where you would be hovering over your character, but other than that, that’s the only part of the game that shows up. I don’t really know what to do…

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Lemina.3209

Lemina.3209

I’m having the same problem. I’ll play for a while, the it turns black, then restores. After 2 or 3 times of this the game just hangs on a black screen. I’m not sure if its caused by the patch or the nvidia 310.90 drivers. My graphics card isn’t the problem, its working properly when I tried it with skyrim for an hour.

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Woopdaritis.9486

Woopdaritis.9486

I’m not sure if its caused by the patch or the nvidia 310.90 drivers.

My screen keeps going black and then my computer will do a force shutdown. Upon restarting it tells me that I had a blue screen. I updated to those drivers this morning hoping that would fix the problem, but it still occurred.

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

You could try the Beta 313.95 drivers: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-313-95-beta-drivers-released

If you’re still troubleshooting it’s at least worth a shot.

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com

Black Screen after Patch

Max Lexandre.6279

But why update drivers to beta? This NEVER happened before, since patch it happens from nothing. It’s a nightmare doing a dungeon now….

I hate change my Drivers because the FPS drops I did have already when updating drivers to newest versions.

Asura thing.

Black Screen after Patch

Max Lexandre.6279

Well, just updated to the Beta Nvidia Drivers, the Black Screen problem still continues and also, with the 313 drivers version the game is from nothing freezes. O_o.

Asura thing.

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Max Lexandre,

There’s a few things that resolve the black screen issue for players and unfortunately this is difficult to resolve without a bit of troubleshooting involved. So some things that you may want to try if you haven’t already:

1. Navigate to Documents\Guild Wars 2 and delete the local.dat file. Once you’ve done this, repair the client.

2. Try different driver versions, starting with a clean installation of the newest drivers available for your graphics card.

3. Bypass your router and connect directly to your modem. If you have a modem/router combo, you may need to disable your SPI Firewall.

4. Some background applications have been known to cause black screens, and so eliminating all unnecessary background applications via Msconfig may resolve the issue.

5. Improperly/over/under clocked systems – adjusting your CPU, RAM, or even GPU clock settings back to stock settings.

6. Re-installation of DirectX

7. Going into your Catalyst Control Center or Nvidia Control Panel and settings your Anti-Aliasing settings to Application Controlled.

Hope this helps. If none of these troubleshooting steps work out for you then I would highly recommend creating a technical support ticket so that we can better assist you one on one.

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Sobex.5210

Sobex.5210

@ashley

This only started since the newest patch. So while drivers may be an issue certain points could possibly be voided. Applications- would have caused the problem from before patch. Overclocks, shouldnt be a problem starting with latest patch. Nor should your router crash your graphics drivers.

I am on my 4th set of drivers in a day due to this problem. AA set to AC, and have tried repairing the client. For me only happens in higher congested mob areas. My latest crash has taken out my sound also due to it.

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Stirick.5340

Stirick.5340

Hi guys I been playing since the 3 day pre-start event . 4 months I played care free.
Last week I got hit by the dreaded black screen issue. My symptoms are the same as you all above, log in play a few minutes then bam black screen. I tried 2 modem/routers netgear d6300 and d-link2740b. My main/gaming PC is hardwired to the router modem combo. My firewall is turned off. I port forwarded 80,443,6112,6600 when my firewall was on also. I also tried 2 graphics cards (nvidia gtx560ti and amd-atihd5670 ) and all the related fixes mentioned in the forums and 4 different driver versions saved on my system. I reinstalled the game, re-formatted my PC and got rid of MSI afterburner still no luck. I also removed overclocks from my cpu. It seems hard to understand why you could play for 4 months and these issues all of a sudden become such big issues and conveniently the cause of unexplained crashes. I’m convinced its not a graphics card issue. I submitted a report in game and did not hear back. I also went to microsoft.com to update my direct x. It found no upgrades required.
I told the guys in my guild that I wouldn’t be playing anymore yesterday. It’s sad but seems I have no other choice.
This problem seems widespread. I’m surprised its proving so difficult to nail.
Do you think it’s wise to go around telling people to turn off their firewalls to play?
I’ll be watching the forums hoping for a fix.

(edited by Stirick.5340)

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: XarOrdich.4531

XarOrdich.4531

I am having the same black screen issue as the rest of you guys. I have been playing for about a month now & no problems at all til the patch on 1/28/2013 since then I have gotten the black screen at character selection then in a few minutes it goes to desktop & asks me to send the error report to area net. I have not been able to play at all since the 1/28/13 patch. I know it is the patch because my husband has the same computer & computer specs I have (our computers are identical in every way brand, mother board, graphics drivers & graphic card, etc…) He is not having this problem. My husband & I are online together most of the time since we got the game (until 1/28/13 the latest patch). Now I can’t play & have all kinds of problems but he can play with out any problems. Some help would be awesome!!!!

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: XarOrdich.4531

XarOrdich.4531

P.S. I have also tried all the fixes that have been listed above & none of them work or change the black screen in any way just to let every one know.

Black Screen after Patch

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya People.

The problem came in 28th patch. But for me in the last Build they did to fix issues no more Black Screen for me.

I didn’t do anything for fix it, it fixed itself I supose. Good luck with your issues

Asura thing.

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Fathme.5216

Fathme.5216

if by black screen you mean my monitor becomes unresponsive, but the sound and everything continues to play, then yes. no alternative but to hard restart the computer, really kind of annoyed. isn’t pressing the power button on your computer unhealthy for the hardware? i thought i heard it corrupts the hdd and causes parts of it to become unwritable, not a tech expert though..

edit: i had AMD OverDrive enabled for my GPU, my appologies. Also the problem did start happening when i was tweaking with the CCC.

(edited by Fathme.5216)

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Mako.3948

Mako.3948

I decided to try some of the suggestions posted by Ashley.

I wont try all of them, as they are very time consuming and the fact that the game played beautifully before this latest patch leads me to believe it is not a DirectX, Graphics Driver, Router, or similar issue.

I tried the repair option with no change.

Not sure my issue is the same, but it is similar. Where my game freezes. Sometimes the game is visibly frozen, sometimes (more often) all three of my monitors display some random color, but not black.

In all cases, it happens within 10 min of logging in. It happens 100% of the time too. (Since the latest update)

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Cale.9861

Cale.9861

within 5 minutes, screen freezes with graphics still there and sound plays. CTRL ALT DELETE doesn’t work.

Pride Lust and Envy

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Mako.3948

Mako.3948

I went ahead and tried using the new ATI Beta drivers and that did not help either. Whatever they did in this update, it broke some clients.

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Gaander.2906

Gaander.2906

Same here!

I just bought a brand new PC:
- CPU: Intel i5 3570K
- Mainboard: Asrok Z77 Extreme 4
- RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 Dual
- GPU: Palit GTX 660 Ti Jetsream
- SSD: Samsung 830 SSD 120GB

Guild Wars 2 just keeps freezing my whole PC solid!
Sometimes it happens just after character-selection,
sometimes after a few minutes.
95% of the time, my monitor throws me a white screen an the sound keeps looping to a buzzing noise. If I am lucky, the monitor just doesn’t get a signal for a few seconds and restores with GW2 completely reloading all the objects/textures in game with really really low FPS. But it will still crash a few moments later unless i alt-tab an terminate GW2 quickly.

As an IT-Expert, you can bet i tried every darn thing possible.. (Clock settings, GPU Settings, Drivers, changed Hardware, yelling at my pc, etc..)

This only happens with GW2!

Other games, like Assassins Creed 3 or Skyrim HD work like a charm for hours and hours!

I even stress-tested my PC for hours:
- Memtest86 = no errors after 6 hours(!)..
- Prime95 = no errors…
- Furmark = no errors…
- 3dMark11 = no errors…
- OCCT = no errors…
- I even had all the above running simultaneously where possible = NO ERROR! NONE!

My Conclusion: GW2 HAS a nasty bug which could cause my hardware to die from all those freezes and Hard-Resets.

I won’t play anymore until there is a solution!

Greetings
Gaander

(edited by Gaander.2906)

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Nitsujin.2847

Nitsujin.2847

Same here!

I just bought a brand new PC:
- CPU: Intel i5 3570K
- Mainboard: Asrok Z77 Extreme 4
- RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 Dual
- GPU: Palit GTX 660 Ti Jetsream
- SSD: Samsung 830 SSD 120GB

Guild Wars 2 just keeps freezing my whole PC solid!
Sometimes it happens just after character-selection,
sometimes after a few minutes.
95% of the time, my monitor throws me a white screen an the sound keeps looping to a buzzing noise. If I am lucky, the monitor just doesn’t get a signal for a few seconds and restores with GW2 completely reloading all the objects/textures in game with really really low FPS. But it will still crash a few moments later unless i alt-tab an terminate GW2 quickly.

As an IT-Expert, you can bet i tried every darn thing possible.. (Clock settings, GPU Settings, Drivers, changed Hardware, yelling at my pc, etc..)

This only happens with GW2!

Other games, like Assassins Creed 3 or Skyrim HD work like a charm for hours and hours!

I even stress-tested my PC for hours:
- Memtest86 = no errors after 6 hours(!)..
- Prime95 = no errors…
- Furmark = no errors…
- 3dMark11 = no errors…
- OCCT = no errors…
- I even had all the above running simultaneously where possible = NO ERROR! NONE!

My Conclusion: GW2 HAS a nasty bug which could cause my hardware to die from all those freezes and Hard-Resets.

I won’t play anymore until there is a solution!

Greetings
Gaander

We have very similar specs, just bought a new computer of my own and i’m having the same issues..

Black Screen after Patch

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

tried it all ashley game just crashes and keeps repairing it self and gets no where.