Black Screen every 5 -10mins

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Coco.8032

Coco.8032

Hi, i am getting a black screen every 5-10mins and i’ve been looking all over online to try and find a solution but none have worked.

I am using an amd card with fully updated drivers
I’ve tried deleting the gw2 cache in temp folder
I’ve tried repairing the gw2 client
I’ve also been trying to change settings in the game itself like taking off anti-aliasing etc or turning off/on vertical sync.
Is there a particular size that your guild wars 2 folder should be?

My comp runs every other single game fine it’s literally just guild wars 2 that is doing this random black screens

Can anyone help?

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

It really sounds like an issue related to graphics.

I am NOT saying to do the following, I just want to tell you what I would do. I would uninstall then reinstall the graphics drivers. Then try the game again. If that failed I would back up the entire computer and re-install the operating system and start from scratch. This has never failed me. I have my entire system compartmentalized for OS reinstalls that it is a breeze at this point.

Posted by: unrivalled.7952

unrivalled.7952

Im getting these black screens too. It never happened before 27.01 patch so i dont think its a videodriver problem or so, becouse i havent updated my videodrivers few month and i never get a black screen last year and a half im playing gw2.

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

You havent updated your video drivers in a few months? Try updating them.