Black screen AMD (no crash)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Everything from the map to the chat boxes works, but oddly enough, everything else is black.
I can see other players names and I can move around and fight with no problem. I just can’t see the environment or any characters. It is weird since everything else seems to work.

After going through the forums for about an hour, I have not been able to find a fix. Hopefully something pops up soon. So as of now (2013) the game is unplayable for me.

Interesting Note: Everything including the characters are there but they themselves are just black. There is no light but things will still block the names of enemies and things. I hope I am making sense lol.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I know many others are dealing with this but I just wanted to see if their issues matched mine.

Here is another where my hero screen works fine but the background turned white.

Attachments:

(edited by Zavve.8205)

Posted by: Sipasalar.4093

Sipasalar.4093

Yes this was a very annoying problem for me as well…. well for 3 hour or so but after fiddling with it a bit I found a simple solution. simply go to your “graphics options” and under “advanced setting” there should be an option “Render Sampling” change this option to either “subsample” or “supersample”. This should work, as it did for me but under the odd case it does not try the following. under “graphics option” and advanced setting there is an option “Setting Present” change this around to one of the other option and she if it works. For myself, the best results were achieved by having “Setting Present” on “auto-detect” and changing my “Render Sampling” to “supersample”. let me know if it works.

Have fun