Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

You will have to ask for the refund from the site you got the key from in terms of money. After that, you can ask the support to attach a new key to the old account.

Posted by: Casquilho.1407

Casquilho.1407

Buying games from this kind of web sites its not like buying cds from a back of a truck, they are autorized reselers and hold the responsibility of selling working keys. Thank you for the advice about the bank though, I hadnt think about it before.

Zaken.1806

The problem is they are not authorized by ArenaNet as an official seller.

Casquilho.1407

Zaken- that’s what I’ve been trying to do for the last 2 days, they just asked me for the information I used and didn’t reply since but thank you anyway

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Is it safe to play right now? I keep seeing lots of people saying they got banned for not “botting”. I know that when it comes to ANet, don’t mess around. But if we’re going to get banned for following the rules….. what? I really doubt this is a case of FUD. Why would all these different people unrelated to each other be posting the same problem all at about the same time?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Igopewpew.8693

Igopewpew.8693

Doesn’t really matter where you bought it so it seems. I got banned for the same reason while buying it from the official guildwars2 website. So even though your code might be fraudulent it could very well be an error as well as many people that bought the game from the official site got banned as well due to a fraudulent code given by their own site.

All you can do right now is give them the information and wait. I’ve been banned for almost a week now, and I’ve only had this game for about 9 days. So patience is needed. Good luck !

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Buying games from this kind of web sites its not like buying cds from a back of a truck, they are autorized reselers and hold the responsibility of selling working keys. Thank you for the advice about the bank though, I hadnt think about it before.

I don’t recall them being on the list of Anet’s approved retailers. But I could be mistaken, I haven’t looked at in in a long time.

From what I understand of the company they are re-sellers. Meaning they buy unused keys from individuals or small businesses in bulk and then mark them up for slightly less than retail. The problem is that the keys might be used, or stolen, or even run through a generator and found to be valid…and then invalid when someone else buys a legit copy and has a proof of purchase, or are keys someone bought with a maxed out/stolen/unauthorized credit card and then sold for cash.

9/10 times you’ll be ok. But eventually something like this will happen. Buying re-sold serials is a roll of the dice.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Casquilho.1407

Doesn’t really matter where you bought it so it seems. I got banned for the same reason while buying it from the official guildwars2 website. So even though your code might be fraudulent it could very well be an error as well as many people that bought the game from the official site got banned as well due to a fraudulent code given by their own site.

All you can do right now is give them the information and wait. I’ve been banned for almost a week now, and I’ve only had this game for about 9 days. So patience is needed. Good luck !

thanks for your answer if you’re able to solve the problem before I do, I would appreciate if you told me what they told you and how you solved it, I’ll do the same as soon as I know anything.

Zaken.1806

I would like to look into the few cases where you, personally purchased the game from buy.guildwars2.com and then experienced an account closure.

I don’t want to hear from those who bought from a third party who claims to have purchased from our site. I don’t need to hear from people who did a charge-back or asked for a refund. I would very much like to hear from someone who bought the game from buy.guildwars2.com using a legitimate credit card and then found his/her account terminated.

I’m just wondering if I buy GW2 key from third pathy it automatically means that it was purchased through stolen card?? despite the fact that you banned so many people who have bought key from buy.guildwars2.com and you will not even try to
investigate our cases???

I think Gaile is trying to find out what happens to those that bought from official site since that is where she can gather information on what the disconnect is between the official webstore and those who bought from it.

She has no access to infos about those un-authorized sellers. There is a reason they posted a list of “Authorized retailers”.

It’s the same with people who did a charge-back. When you initiate a charge-back, your money is returned to you. There is no reason to investigate on cases like this.

As for third party key sellers, the buyers have to deal with them directly, not ANet. ANet did no authorized them to sell those keys and they are not responsible for getting those people who got stolen keys.

Zaken.1806

Is it safe to play right now? I keep seeing lots of people saying they got banned for not “botting”. I know that when it comes to ANet, don’t mess around. But if we’re going to get banned for following the rules….. what? I really doubt this is a case of FUD. Why would all these different people unrelated to each other be posting the same problem all at about the same time?

I have been playing all weekend on many of my characters.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

@Zaken
Well I really doubt everybody who logs into the game is getting banned for “botting”.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

Put in a ticket and wait to see what support says. If youve also been compromised multiple times, it sounds like you have malware that is on your computer, and your email is compromised.

Posted by: TxJBxT.9370

TxJBxT.9370

Reference/Incident Ticket #121112-000726

Last night my account was terminated WRONGFULLY for accused botting/hacking or anything of that nature. Today when I wake up and try to log in it says that my account has been suspended because someone unauthorized has been on the account. Well considering the fact my account was terminated while I was playing I doubt that. Nevertheless I need to get in contact with support to unsuspend my account. My ticket will have the more private details.

Posted by: Monoloco.4592

Monoloco.4592

yes already sent a ticket. Thank you for an answer in the meantime I’ll try to find malware on my notebook

Posted by: jpathomas.4203

jpathomas.4203

Thus begins day three. I’m going to go out on a limb and assume no one contacted me about my ban or the ticket I opened because it happened on Saturday. I hope, now that the work week has started, that I will hear something regarding my issue.

This is very frustrating.

Posted by: Salaesori.1950

Salaesori.1950

As for third party key sellers, the buyers have to deal with them directly, not ANet. ANet did no authorized them to sell those keys and they are not responsible for getting those people who got stolen keys.

I mean that problems is not in our keys, if they ban so many peple that buy keys from official site using their own cards… perhaps they have defects in identification which keys are stolen and which is normal, so as I sayd I wonder will they check it more carefully

Posted by: Xoen.3761

Xoen.3761

Got a new login error. Most curious.

Attachments:

Xoen Daddy – 80 Thief – Dæmon [FYFF] – Place de Vizunah

Posted by: Lord Freeze.3574

Lord Freeze.3574

Well do not try calling NCSOFT support (512) 225-6359 – it goes to a voicemail account for refunds only. I think it is really really bad that a company has to remove all tech support numbers but has one dedicated to refunds.

Zaken.1806

@Lord Freeze

They did not remove tech support number. They only have phone support for billing since Guild Wars.

In-game supports has always been done through support system.

Lord Freeze.3574

@Zaken
Thanks for the info, I remember calling them awhile back to reset my password for GW1 But that had to be 5 – 6 years ago

Posted by: Rorschach.2397

Rorschach.2397

I totally agree with puffy, i was playing last night with my guild mates and my gf (same ip with my gf) having a good time killing some trolls, then we all get black screened and perma banned. No investigation, no warning, no message to find out if we are actually bots, just ban… re-enable my account. 121112-000657

Lord Freeze.3574

Having read Gaile’s message she states that it is NOT a automated sytstem.

If that is truly the case then the person who is doing all the BAD banning should be fired, or at the least have to answer the phone and explain and prove why he/she banned legitimate players.

Posted by: TxJBxT.9370

TxJBxT.9370

If that is truly the case then the person who is doing all the BAD banning should be fired, or at the least have to answer the phone and explain and prove why he/she banned legitimate players.

I agree. I’d so love to have a talk with whoever is in charge of this.

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

I agree. I’d so love to have a talk with whoever is in charge of this.

Same, it would definitely be interesting to hear their justification for this mess. If I screwed up like this at work I would be fired.

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

Its just so sad.
The game is so good and the service the worst i ever experienced.
Im not talking about Gaile or the moderators, but the general way users are treated.

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

Most likely it disappeared because yo keep writing in caps only which is unnessesary.

Posted by: I Rubra Caelum I.1530

I Rubra Caelum I.1530

48 hours and still counting. Only a bot response from them. They do care….

Posted by: Jsx.6057

Jsx.6057

I’m more curious as to how those people behind these wave of bans came to the conclusion that all these people were “botting.”

Pretty sad if it’s a simple PM.

Posted by: buyurgan.6023

buyurgan.6023

Please indicate the date you purchased the game.
11/3/2012

Please check your credit card statement and verify if you were or were not charged for the game.
I can’t check it right now cause it is middle of the night but I’m pretty sure it’s charged and legit cause it wouldn’t progress and let me play 2 days without it.

Please post your Incident / Ticket Number here.
121108-000029

When you have a chance, could you confirm whether it’s fully charged or pending? Thnk you!

I checked that, status is ‘pending’.

Dark Revan.7634

Also 2 days for me and not even a bot response so far, guess I’ll be posting in the other thread tomorrow.

Posted by: Saaaaab.8519

Saaaaab.8519

Wow, seems like I’m not the only one suddenly being banned for botting. I got banned yesterday, about 26 hours ago. My friend told me that I got a bigger chance getting unbanned when I post my case here. Ticket number #121111-001703.

I bought the game on november 1st, 2012 in an online store named MyCom.

Walking alone, while chatting with party members (!), I entered Gendarran Fields for the first time. There, I saw a mining cave. As soon as I tried to enter the cave, all of a sudden I got teleported a few meters back. I thought it was just an innocent bug, and I tried to enter the cave again. But I got teleported again, to the same spot. I tried maybe one or two other times, and then the game shut down. I was accused for botting, and my account is now permanently terminated. I hope you guys will fix this soon. If not, then I’ve paid a lot of money for only a few hours of gaming time.

(edited by Saaaaab.8519)

Posted by: squall.7093

squall.7093

Also 2 days for me and not even a bot response so far, guess I’ll be posting in the other thread tomorrow.

Aye, I’m with you on that my friend. Unfortunately I feel that I might not receive a response today. However, I hope that we’re both wrong and receive one. I do believe they are working as fast as they can, but I wish that this process was a lot faster. I feel that they could of at least done some kind of process before booting me and marking me as a bot. I can answer any questions they would need in order to prove that I was playing during that time. Maybe next time they will have an admin question you before a kick. Best luck to us both. =[

Dark Revan.7634

I’m more curious as to how those people behind these wave of bans came to the conclusion that all these people were “botting.”

PM? not even that in my case. No warning as to why or how….it just happened as I was playing in Cursed Shore gathering Ori.

Lord Freeze.3574

It was more than likely 1 person or trainee that saw a bot and thought cool I get to ban a bot, and then not knowing the system well enough banned alot of people.

Or a more cynical look, or conspiracy theory is that GW2 is not making as much money as they would like so they decided to take long time players and ban them thinking they will go out an purchase another copy.

I have talked to Gaile Gray in the past and the Frog and they seem like nice peopel, I even played with a few devs back in the old GW1 days on my monk and everyone seemed like nice down to earth people. So I am pretty sure they are not purposely banning known humans, However it is a bit surprising that NCSoft has shut down the communication.

While I can understand that trying to hide a system / billing issue, At least they could do is let people know that they are trying to fix it.

I think the billing system will be the first fix because it is what brings in NEW money and affect a wider cut of the people (Gems, and new accounts).
And it makes perfect business sense to fix that first.. But hey atleast let people know that is the plan. if there is even a plan.

Brian Speck

Lord Freeze.3574

PM? not even that in my case. No warning as to why or how….it just happened as I was playing in Cursed Shore gathering Ori.

My wife and I were afk at a vista in Harathi Highlands while we tended to our sick daughter, We came back about 30 minutes later and we were both banned.

Posted by: Jsx.6057

Jsx.6057

It was more than likely 1 person or trainee that saw a bot and thought cool I get to ban a bot, and then not knowing the system well enough banned alot of people.

Or a more cynical look, or conspiracy theory is that GW2 is not making as much money as they would like so they decided to take long time players and ban them thinking they will go out an purchase another copy.

I have talked to Gaile Gray in the past and the Frog and they seem like nice peopel, I even played with a few devs back in the old GW1 days on my monk and everyone seemed like nice down to earth people. So I am pretty sure they are not purposely banning known humans, However it is a bit surprising that NCSoft has shut down the communication.

While I can understand that trying to hide a system / billing issue, At least they could do is let people know that they are trying to fix it.

I think the billing system will be the first fix because it is what brings in NEW money and affect a wider cut of the people (Gems, and new accounts).
And it makes perfect business sense to fix that first.. But hey atleast let people know that is the plan. if there is even a plan.

Brian Speck

You’re surprised at NCSoft shutting down communication? You haven’t played much NC games huh?

This definitely isn’t the first time NCSoft dropped the ball in terms of customer support. It’s a shame because the game is alot of fun.

Lord Freeze.3574

BTW, this is what Support replied to on my ticket

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM, Guild Wars 2 Support <
support@guildwars2.com> wrote:

> *
>
>
>>
**********************************************************************************

Very very informative huh.

Dark Revan.7634

Walking alone, while chatting with party members (!), I entered Gendarran Fields for the first time. There, I saw a mining cave. As soon as I tried to enter the cave, all of a sudden I got teleported a few meters back. I thought it was just an innocent bug, and I tried to enter the cave again. But I got teleported again, to the same spot. I tried maybe one or two other times, and then the game shut down. I was accused for botting, and my account is now permanently terminated. I hope you guys will fix this soon. If not, then I’ve paid a lot of money for only a few hours of gaming time.

Interesting…just after I entered Cursed Shore from Malchors Leap I had this occur to me as well. It kept pulling me back over and over until I dodge rolled and it let me go on for a few seconds. Enough to go to the nearest NPC vendor to buy some picks and just as I was about to buy them I get banned and booted from the game.

Aye, I’m with you on that my friend. Unfortunately I feel that I might not receive a response today. However, I hope that we’re both wrong and receive one. I do believe they are working as fast as they can, but I wish that this process was a lot faster. I feel that they could of at least done some kind of process before booting me and marking me as a bot. I can answer any questions they would need in order to prove that I was playing during that time. Maybe next time they will have an admin question you before a kick. Best luck to us both. =[

Yes I hope I am wrong and I get an update at least but I don’t feel very optimistic. Hope we both get unbanned soon, as this is beginning to worry me.

Lord Freeze.3574

@ Jsx
I know they dropped the Support ball before but I do not ever remember it being to this level.

Dark Revan.7634

BTW, this is what Support replied to on my ticket

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM, Guild Wars 2 Support <
support@guildwars2.com> wrote:

> *
>
>
>>
**********************************************************************************

Very very informative huh.

what? o.0
What is that supposed to be?

Lord Freeze.3574

I have no idea that is what was posted on my ticket.

Dark Revan.7634

I have no idea that is what was posted on my ticket.

Absolutely ridiculous….I hope you get a better answer very soon and get your problem sorted. “dropping the ball” is starting to become an understatement.

Posted by: Puffy.2107

Puffy.2107

same thing happened to me last night i made a ticket and still no response i made a few posts and nothing, this is messed up, i get banned for playing the game, lol its so messed up please figure this mess out please and make it quick i got karma armor to get for my warrior<<the reason i was farming plinx in the first place. you guys could atleast keep us posted on what u are doing to resolve this issue.

Posted by: bluerebelmedia.9514

bluerebelmedia.9514

same thing happened to me last night i made a ticket and still no response i made a few posts and nothing, this is messed up, i get banned for playing the game, lol its so messed up please figure this mess out please and make it quick i got karma armor to get for my warrior<<the reason i was farming plinx in the first place. you guys could atleast keep us posted on what u are doing to resolve this issue.

That’s the part that’s so frustrating for me. If they would just admit officially that they had/are having some issues with the online store and/or the botting prevention system (besides from Gaile who I can see is trying, but is the moderator here, I mean an official announcement) and that they were working on it, and weren’t just closing accounts and sending out canned responses, I’d be a lot more patient.

I’m completely willing to wait longer than 3 days if I know something is being done about it, but just getting canned emails and having them accuse me of being a criminal and stealing credit cards is so completely frustrating I can’t stop thinking about how unprofessional it is. It’s driving me crazy.

I’ve paid, I’ve been charged (confirmed) and I’ve been banned and my account closed after playing the game for half a day, and when I ask for help, they accuse me of being a criminal then ignore future requests.

Awesome.

Just admit theres major problems going on, support is over-worked and you need time to catch up and 70% of the complaints, duplicate tickets, pleading and anger flows into the mist.

At the moment I feel I’ve been robbed of my hard-earned money, and tossed away by a company who doesn’t care about the user or support experience.

Posted by: Corwin.4120

Corwin.4120

wait 63 hrs. still no response.

Dark Revan.7634

Well they aren’t even considering this an issue but a case of false positives and “botters” responding here pretending to be false positives. Proof of this is people are STILL getting banned and flagged as bots. They need to stop the bans and review and unban us legitimate players who were only playing the game.

Posted by: Puffy.2107

Puffy.2107

support ticket#121112-000568[ i know it said to wait 3 days before posting my ticket number,but im very impatient,and considering i didnt do anything wrong in the first place i shouldnt have to wait, please review this and fix this huge mix up

Dark Revan.7634

I found the issue in the dev tracker.

According to CC EVA it seems that they Ban you and make you prove that you are not a BOT.

What a piss poor way to handle botting. I would imagine that they could come up with a whole lot better way.

Where I work we have a whole lot more sophisticated way of finding fraud, and account hacking.

Brian

That’s screwed up. So anyone can report people and they will get banned without being checked!

Zaken.1806

@Puffy

They are not going to skip everyone before you that is waiting for their turn. It was said again and again, they will only look at the ticket number if it’s more than 3 days old without any responses from support.

Posted by: LadyFreeze.8602

LadyFreeze.8602

The sad thing is it seems that, for those of us banned wrongly for botting, the company doesn’t care since they already have their money. I also think it is ridiculous that they think those who make rl money off botting really care about having to purchase a new account? This type of system has yet to really stop it in any game that I know of.