Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ryszard.3627

Ryszard.3627

Hi Gaile
My friend’s (Tirth.8295, ticket no 121112-001682) account has been blocked first time on 12.11.2012, because of boting. After support checked his ticket and find out that it was a mistake his account access was given back on next day. On 14.11.2012 he got banned again, this time message shown – third party program. Now there is no doubt that is a mistake. I know him for many years and I can asure you that he is not a cheater, and if something trigered alarm that pointed him, then it must have been something else. Moreover, I know him as a honest player and valuable guild/clan mate. I’d like to ask you to take a closer look and review his case, he explained all in his ticket.
Thank you in advance

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

So I got a brand new box from the store.
But now it says “Serial not valid for your region”.

Well … Aaaand another update of my support ticket

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A team member responded to you a few minutes ago. As stated, the account is not blocked and the error you were getting relates to the password. Please try the new password sent to you and I am sure you’ll be fine.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Hailene.4590

Hailene.4590

I got the email, reset my password as directed and it has not changed the issue.

I am still getting error 11:0:2:1297 when attempting to log on.

Posted by: Perim.8563

Perim.8563

So, 2 weeks ago I was banned for ‘gold selling’. A 3 day wait got my account back. No explanation was given despite my asking.

Monday evening, I tried to log in and was kindly informed that I was banned for being a bot. To go along with that, it appears that new bans also keep you from posting on the forum now. I decided to post my frustrations at the BBB site. If you cannot post here either, I recommend doing that as well. After a day of waiting, my account is restored..again. Someone told me it was an error this time, instead of trying to pawn it off as me being hacked.

I want this to stop happening. I want to know why this can happen if this is not an automated process. The ‘rare’ false positives don’t seem so rare when it has now happened to me twice. I just want to play the game and attempt to have fun. Both times this has happened now has ruined a night (or more) of fun that I had planned with friends/guild members. If you’re going to stick with the line that this is not an automated process, then the person responsible needs to be fired right now.

Braïn – Engi, Mimirr – War
[HOPE] – Fort Aspenwood Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Oski.9586

Oski.9586

Tomorrow, 11/22, will be the 7th day my account has been suspended for no reason. Still have not received a response from Anet and I’ve taken the advice people have given for getting a quicker response: updating existing ticket and creating a ‘Ask Question’ ticket instead of ‘Login Issues’ ticket. All they did was flag my ‘Ask Question’ ticket as a duplicate.

Well this company can kiss my —-. They really need to get their crap together. I’ve even started playing Lord of the Rings Online and am not even sure I want to continue playing GW2… having to relearn everything in the 1.5-2 hours I’ve actually played it and forgotten what I had learned. They definitely need to refund my money though. No way I am letting them get away with stealing $60 from me.

Regards,

Uro

Posted by: karrak.3598

karrak.3598

Well. I´m here but I´m not so happy. I will ask refund soon as possible. I was “forced” to buy another key (couz I want keep playing this game) so, I will do exactly what was said here. The money not with me and not with ncsoft… so, the money still with paypal. I don´t will use paypal never again. I bought direct with my credit card (same card on my paypal account). So, after 11 days waiting, I´m tired.
Thank you Gaile for your good job helping ppl. I know its so hard. Thanks to all who sent pm by forum and facebook, but my problem now are out of the game. Its with NCSoft and paypal.

Good Job Gaile.

“NCsoft has no obligation to explain any decision…” 5.d.i Conduct Rules!

Posted by: BigTunaKahuna.4309

BigTunaKahuna.4309

I just finished downloading the game and am getting this error as well. Have changed password 3 times as well. Will be following this thread for now!

Hailene.4590

I tried every few hours last night and again this morning, and it still does not let me log on.

I’ve changed my password (collectively since Monday) about 10 times now so changing my password does not help. There is something amiss with the account that needs to be updated or changed from ANet.

Posted by: Badtaste Bear.7946

Badtaste Bear.7946

Well I’m here again to update my status. My account was banned for using the keyboard’s ability to run macros to avoid getting disconnected. Well I did make a formal complaint with bbb (dot) org in Texas where N.o C.are Soft is located. I had an operation for carpal tunnel and I explained this in my ticket but to no avail. This is a perfect example of a company getting kitteny and not giving ppl a chance to fix the errors that they may have committed. All they do is hide behind the TOS because they are banking on you buying the game again. For all of you that got banned for botting, just give it up and go get a game that you have to pay monthly for because don’t forget that you get what you pay for. SO if it’s free don’t expect anything back. I did get my money back but that was because I purchased the game through my visa and visa guarantees, so if you bought the game with a credit card then call your credit card company and tell them the company is no good and you need to get your money back. Most likely this post will get deleted but (N)o ©are Soft I hope you guys fail as a company and today wont be soon enough… Good Riddance…

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Is there something that your computer is missing? A program that the game relies upon maybe?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Isidore.8140

Isidore.8140

My friend is experiencing the same problem. Played the game for several weeks already, totally clean and legit. And then on the day of the Lost Shores event, got wrongly accused of using third-party program. No idea what caused them to suspect my friend for using third party program. Even provided explanations and screenshots that can help in the investigation, but it took them several days to reply with an automated response and refused to unblock the account. Didn’t explain himself, didn’t provide proof, and my friend is forever blocked from playing. Well-done Arenanet, you just lost 2 loyal customers.

Hailene.4590

When I first was having issues logging on Sunday I decided to delete ALL of my Gw2 files and re-install from scratch which lead me to Monday and not being able to log on. There should be nothing missing as I downloaded directly from the GW2 site and was able to play fine up until sunday night.

Posted by: balmung.9283

balmung.9283

My 2 friends have the same issue as above 2 posters. Anet giving a dam.
121116-000556 and 121117-000053.

Posted by: Arnemetia.1408

Arnemetia.1408

Hubby suspended since Nov. 8th for botting. He wasn’t. Doesn’t have a programmable keyboard, or run macros. He bought the game from GameStop. His account wasn’t hacked – he was on-line when it was kicked. Put in a ticket, put in a “after 3 days” ticket. Updated his ticket. Absolutely NO response from A-Net. He was not rude at any time to any one, including the initial ticket.

What a HUGE disappointment this is after waiting 5 years for this game to come out.

We’re NOT buying the game again (2 x CE editions + numerous gem buys, down the tubes), so kiss 2 loyal players goodbye – we’re going back to WoW. A-Net, you owe us like $300 at this point for not delivering what you promised.

You guys need some serious customer support and a few lessons on customer service. Boooooooooo. Bad form.

Posted by: Seenus.1467

Seenus.1467

This whole situation is ridiculous. People are getting banned for no reason or just because ANet “think” they might be cheating. Just a guess is not enough to ban someones account. And then you’re asking people to pay for the game AGAIN to get their account back. I’m surprised that, after something like this, anyone would give you their money second time. And you’re telling us to contact support, write a ticket. But right now it looks like you’re the only person in support. All we get are copy/pasted response. This game is awesome, but if that’s how you’re treating your customers then i’m very dissapointed and i wouldn’t reccomend buying this game to anyone, no matter how great it would be.

Posted by: karrak.3598

karrak.3598

For Gaile.

All done. Ticket close. Include that on the list Gaile 121109-002852

“Since this was a mistake on our part for disabling the code, I’ve gone ahead and refunded you for the purchase done through Paypal. You should see those funds back on your account in a few days. The newest purchase for a Guild Wars 2 Serial Code that you just applied to your account will be your new code. As soon as this refund goes through, it appears your issue should be resolved.”

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Matt S.
NCsoft Payment Review

I´m not a fraudulent player, I´m a good guy and a good player. I´m posting this to all ppl who have a real problem and are honest. If you guys don´t make any thing to be banned, don´t worry. The support are little slow but they resolve that. I have waited for 12 days, so be patiently… They are a serious company and, if I said anything offensive or rude on my other posts, sorry.

“NCsoft has no obligation to explain any decision…” 5.d.i Conduct Rules!

Posted by: Ice Man.8465

Ice Man.8465

My account was suspended (blocked) on the 12th. I was in the Flame Temple Tombs under water fighting a Charr and the screen went blank. Had to restart my computer to even get the running programs to close. Tried to log back into the game and message was “suspended for a violation”, opened a ticket and only received the auto reply. Had to send another message under a new ticket just to get a reply. Day later, login message had changed to “suspended for my security” and then on second day my account was “released” (unblocked) and received email that it “maybe” was an error. Still have open ticket with no valid reason for account suspended and mainly cut/paste answers from customer support. As I read what others have posted here, I also am dispointed in the game problems and lack of real customer support/service. I am not yet at the point where I will just stop playing the game, but do feel that I may have wasted my money by buying when it first was released. I played GW1 for over 5 years and never had problems like this.

(edited by Ice Man.8465)

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

What would you do? I’m just watching him getting stripped, slowly, in LA. I demoted him from guild so the guild bank can remain intact, but… I don’t know how else I can “help”.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Oxygen,

What your friend must do asap is open a ticket to customer support.
http://en.support.guildwars2.com/

If after 3 days he has had no answer, he can post his ticket number here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/55#post758494 so that the ticket is taken as priority.

Thanks and good luck

Oxygen.5918

Hi Oxygen,

What your friend must do asap is open a ticket to customer support.
http://en.support.guildwars2.com/

If after 3 days he has had no answer, he can post his ticket number here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/55#post758494 so that the ticket is taken as priority.

Thanks and good luck

He opened one yesterday as soon as we knew that the account was compromised (over 10 hours ago), and clearly, it hasn’t been blocked yet since I’m seeing someone online. I hope your restoration services are on the ball because we’re talking about 8 geared level 80 characters.

didn’t move.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

There are no restoration services, unfortunately.

They only thing we know about them is that they’ll be available “soon”

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Also, him being online could easily due to the fact that once an account is locked out, the character is sometimes not logged off and the account is not logged off. So it’s quite possible that the hacker has been removed from control, but the account is still active as a security precaution.

Oxygen.5918

Also, him being online could easily due to the fact that once an account is locked out, the character is sometimes not logged off and the account is not logged off. So it’s quite possible that the hacker has been removed from control, but the account is still active as a security precaution.

No, he blocked me and several guild members, and swapped out characters. Also, I doubt anet would be that interested in his bank content.

It’s a pathetic sight.

didn’t move.

Hailene.4590

Good afternoon,

I just changed my password again and I am still not able to log on. 5 days.

Posted by: Erictsas.3092

Erictsas.3092

I’m having the exact same problem as you. Having taken a break from GW2, I just came back and saw that I needed to change my password. I tried to change it but after I clicked “Save changes” the information was sent, no feedback such as “password updated” was recieved and now neither my old password nor the new one works. I’d appreciate some help on the matter.

Hailene.4590

I would like to spend money and participate getting items for the special sale this weekend but it lies up to Arena net assisting me. A guy a few weeks ago with the same error code got his issue fixed within 2 hours. I am at 5 days now. This is not fair. Arena Net please look into Error code 11:0:2:1297 and assist. Resetting the password does not help. It is something internal that only YOU can do on my account so that I may log in and play again.

Posted by: Nshadow.9105

Nshadow.9105

I would assume it’s possible to make a mistake when an account is terminated and believe this is what happened to me.

I am a teacher and often wait for events while I grade papers. When the events start, I can see them in my windowed screen so I switch over and take part in these events (working on Karma!). This means I have probably have lots of “unattended game play” on days that I’m grading tests. I read that accounts are tagged and that if an account gets tagged too frequently or accumulates enough tags, it warrants a temporary ban and then if it continues, a permanent ban is issued. In my case I never received a temporary ban but instead was directly given a permanent ban. I trust that Arena.net will be able to look at “the logs” and determine that I play a variety of content every day (~3500 achievement points), chat with Guildies every day, and that I am not a bot. My main reason for this post is to ask about how a fan, like me, who happens to enjoy that I can get work done AND enjoy GW2 at the same time, might be able to prevent being mistaken as a bot.

I’m using my wife’s account to post this because my account was permanently banned and could not post with it. I have appealed (reference number #121124-000194) but was looking for some clarification here.

Posted by: Brian.4285

Brian.4285

I paid $60 for this game, played for 3 days and loved it, but my account was banned for absolutely no reason and now I haven’t been able to log in for 9 days. This is unacceptable service and I really want to enjoy this game, but I’ve filled out a ticket every day for the past 9 days and nothing has been done about it. What can I do to expedite the process if getting my account back. Thanks.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Being afk doesn’t make you unattended gameplay. Automated gameplay is the problem. If you are standing in one spot and have a dipping bird pressing your 1 key….that’s a problem.

You will have to wait for your support answer.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: toan.3764

toan.3764

I’m requesting for urgent help on behalf of my sister. Her account stated in incident 121111-002402 got suspended for no reason on 11-11 with a generic response. ArenaNet staff wouldn’t provide clear reasons why they suspended my sister’s account. Anyway, it has been 13 days and the issue hasn’t been resolved. My sister did everything ArenaNet asked her to do and still no accessing to the game.

This is ridiculous to a whole new level. You guys are quick deleting posts when players complaining about bots but when a legit player gets suspended twice in a month for no reasons no real actions taken from your end.

My sister’s account should be rewarded for ArenaNet’s mistakes.

Posted by: natsu.8793

natsu.8793

i didnt log in my guild wars2 account sens the past 3months now i want to play and it is telling me that i am banned for some of thes resons TBH i didnt buy the game so when i get banned i donot even resive an Email that it happend … so some one fix this or tell me how to fix it i want to play and i cant

Posted by: Marmalade.9750

Marmalade.9750

Are you updating the same ticket or starting new ones? Note that most customer support centres have SLA for ticket servicing – if you keep updating the ticket you are also likely resetting the SLA timer…

Hailene.4590

I haven’t been able to log on for 5 days and only submitted 1 ticket so it doesn’t seem that there is such a timer as my issue would have been resolved by now. Someone else posted their issue (exact same error code i have) was resolved in 2 hours. i’m at 120 hours.

(edited by Hailene.4590)

Hailene.4590

Sat AM update: still not able to log on.

Posted by: YMS.9637

YMS.9637

I have not been able to log in for 8 days already.
6 days ignoring me. It is 144 hours ignoring = = ….
192 hours not able to log in. ……. /. _ .\

Posted by: dmaster.7928

dmaster.7928

So, my account has been suspended for something that I dont know. I oppened a tickt (121114-001375), provided my serial key and after 10 day I had no feedback from AN. Yesterday I bought another game/key and today I upgraded my old account with the new key and for my surprise, my accoutn remained suspended. Then, I oppened a new ticket (121124-001624) and that was set as Duplicate… I realy dont know what to do anymore… I dont even know why my account had been suspended at first…

Posted by: Isidore.8140

Isidore.8140

Posting on behalf of my friend. Got banned for a week now, due to some crazy accusations of using a third party program. My friend only started playing for a few weeks and has never used any third party programs in any way. We submitted a ticket (Incident: 121117-002181) and the GMs responded with some automated reply and stand firmly on their crazy beliefs that my friend did use third party programs. We still have no idea how my friend got accused of doing so, but the GMs seem to have closed this incident without any further responses to tickets. Not even sure if we can get a refund. How ridiculous.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

I see you have already submitted your tickets, which is the first step. Please remember to submit only one ticket and, if needed, refresh it. Don’t submit more than one for the same issue.
While you wait for the issue to be solved, you can join in the discussion on this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Blocked-Suspended-Terminated-Player-Comments. As always, we ask you to be as friendly and constructive as possible, as we know that this is a very frustrating issue.

I also see that you have been waiting for quite a long time. Please, feel free to post your ticket number in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/57#post840598 so it can be taken as a priority.

Thanks for your understanding and good luck

Posted by: guitarking.6409

guitarking.6409

My friend KingBuff.5861 has been hacked. His email address was changed so now he cannot get on to his account.

He got in touch with support over 3 days ago but hasn’t heard anything.

How long before he hears back and how long before his account is back online.

I thought this sort of thing would be rectified quickly?

Thanks – Guitarking

Posted by: Matronmalice.4637

Matronmalice.4637

my acct has been suspended permantly for something to do with gold sellers or something ,i have only 1 toon lvl 2 so this needs to be adressed as i payed for my game and cannot play

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

As the moderator stated above, there are a couple of things you can do. Account reinstatements take time, and I know it’s an irritation to wait, but accounts are blocked for a reason and the team members need to look into the “why” before they can determine how to respond to the appeal. Again, you can post in the threads outlined in the mod’s comments above.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: kidribs.9417

kidribs.9417

Hi Gaile Gray,

Me and my friends was a victim of Fraudulent game keys and my account was suspended a week ago while some of my friends got suspended within their 3 weeks of playing the game.

I read some related issues in the forum and followed the same instruction: Buy new Legit game keys, then linked it to my account.

I bought a game key in your website, linked it but i still encounter the same error message — Error: 45:6:3:2114

Support ticket: #121125-000598.

Thank you in advance.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: kyunz.6381

kyunz.6381

Incident :121119-001647.
My girlfriend still hasn’t recieved this reply and you guys make her new Incident : 121124-000721.
Please help, my girlfriend can’t play GW2 with me because of this and she just play once and then BOOM, her account is mystically locked, i read all the reasons that could lead to suspended account and i see that nothing with her. Please help, at least tell her the reason, you guys can’t treat customers like that !!!!

Posted by: Chance Folly.9720

Chance Folly.9720

My fiancee was banned today for “botting” while logging out today (msluzha.9280, ticket no: 121125-002670). She’s a very casual player who plays maybe 4 times a week, it’s absolutely ridiculous to think that her account could even be construed to be participating in illicit activities. She just hit 80 a couple of weeks ago and has MAYBE 8g on her account, combined. She’s not a computer person by any stretch of the imagination, and wouldn’t even know how to attempt to start botting. Not a single element of her account was out of order (to our knowledge) to suggest that it was breached.

We’re both extremely upset that $60 of her hard-earned money just got flushed down the drain. We almost never have time to play together (<1 times per week), and our night was just ruined by this seemingly-arbitrary and definitely-groundless decision. There was no evidence given, no chance for her to respond, and we can’t even find a phone number to call. It’s infuriating that Arenanet won’t even give us a reason or a human to talk to. Please respond, Arenanet.

(edited by Chance Folly.9720)

Posted by: balmung.9283

balmung.9283

My 2 friends have the same issue as above 2 posters. Anet giving a dam.
121116-000556 and 121117-000053

They replied to the tickets to ask for more info or a human reply. Nothing yet, they have been banned since the 13 and 15 November.

Posted by: msluzha.9280

msluzha.9280

This is Chance Folly’s fiance. I started a support ticket around 5:30pm last night and woke up to a request for basic information to confirm that this was my account. I replied and my account was reopened at noon today. I’m very happy to have it back within a fairly short time, but I’d really like to know what I did that was mistaken for cheating. The reply I got made it sound like they thought my account may have been hacked, but no one has attempted to access it besides myself. I have the alert system set up and I thought that if someone on a different IP address tries to access it, it would send me an email. I have changed my password to something brand new just in case.

If there is something about the way I play that is often mistaken for botting, I would like to know so that I can avoid it in the future.

Here is the email reply I got:

Hello,

Based on the information provided you appear to have access to your Guild Wars 2 account. If you are receiving notifications of attempted password resets that you did not request, please do not click any links in those messages and disregard them.

In the future, if you ever have any issues logging into your Guild Wars 2 account, please feel free to reply to this message and let us know.

I suggest using a unique password for Guild Wars 2 (one that you don’t use for any other web site or account). To update your Guild Wars 2 password to something new, login using your current information at https://account.guildwars2.com/ and follow the steps below:

1. Click on the “Edit Profile” link on the left hand side of the page.
2. Under “Change Password,” enter the current password, as well as a new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
3. Click “Save Changes” to complete the password change.

You may also want to update the password associated with the email address your account is linked to.

Also, be sure to read the important information provided by the link below to help ensure the security of your account:

Title: Security FAQ
URL: https://guildwars.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/993

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
[GM] Spaulding
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

(edited by msluzha.9280)

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

I wonder why some things are solved so fast and others have to wait a week for another reply. I know some things just take longer. But adding a serial to an account? Or changing the region of an account? How difficult can this be? It doesnt need any investigation as far as i can tell.

sigh

Im just waiting to long maybe.
Patience please? Anyone got some for me?

Posted by: ChaiQi.6274

ChaiQi.6274

Hi Gaile it has been 3 weeks since i have been banned and 1 week since i have had a response from the support team. I tried logging into the support today and could not. I bought a new key and applied it to my account about a week ago and still no progress. if you could get support to at least queue my problem that would be nice. I know there are other problems occurring too so what ever you can.
Thanks again

Posted by: Gemma.4830

Gemma.4830

Been suspended on my other account for 4 days now, was playing fine the night before with my wife and then in the morning, was suspended, error 45:6:3:2114 and for 3 days ive had no response from customer support (they shouldnt even call it that)

Honestly, ive never had this much trouble with an MMO, you should be ashamed ANet, instead of taking the time to write back actual responses, your bots just decide to ignore and copy+paste respond.

This is a joke, suspending/banning players that are more legit than your customer service.

[Incident: 121123-000829]?