Blue lines in-game problem,any help?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tiguii.2957

Tiguii.2957

please help me because im having a graphics issue.When i enter tyria the world gets full full of blue lines all over the screen that change when i move.plz tell me what to do,bought the game and cant play correctly!

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

It’s time to buy a new graphic card.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Sounds like your graphic card is going out or maybe it’s over heating. When is the last time you had you PC opened up, if it’s been a while open up the case get some canned air and blow it out, you will be surprised how much dust build up inside a PC dust restricts air flow and heat build up. Make sure all the fan are running and not making any rattling, wining or bussing noises then remove and reinstall the video card this is called reseating some times this helps.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Tiguii.2957

Tiguii.2957

the problem is that is laptop

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Tiguii,

Try running http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html and see what temps you get. Most laptop GPUs can run 80C+ for short times, normally it should be under 70C.

Depending on how old the computer is and how it has been handled, you may need to reapply thermal paste or get a replacement heat sink. Depending on the laptop brand, it may be a complete pain to do.

I would start off by at least using a can of compressed air and try and get as much dust out. Also, but a laptop pad. I use a Coolermaster X3 and it works well.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-Cooling-R9-NBC-NPX3-GP/dp/B0079T2KHG/ref=sr_1_1/175-9357555-0372762?ie=UTF8&qid=1387377393&sr=8-1&keywords=coolermaster+x3

Never game with it on your lap or other soft surfaces, as they can block air intake ports.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Posted by: shivery.6738

shivery.6738

Ok so in response to his blue lines in game I’m having same issue and I know it isn’t my graphic card I may have a laptop but seriously I know I can run the game easily you guyses game aint the graphicly superior to other games.

Posted by: chris.9142

chris.9142

It could still very well be a heat problem the game pushes you CPU hard and many laptops have combined CPU GPU heatsinks and only 1 fan so can heat up very quickly check your temps whilst the game is running for a start

I5-4670k @4.2Ghz – 8Gb 2133mhz Gskill
Msi Z87 Gaming Board AMD R9 270x
-crucial 256 M500 SSD -Samsung 500Gb HDD