Bluescreens

Bluescreens

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Hello!

When i play GW2, i often get bluescreens, code 0×124. I have already checkt ram, graphiccard, harddisc, cpu with several freeware programs and also updated drivers.

The weird thing is, i also get a bluescreen if i dont start the game but just stay in the login-screen and wait some minutes.

Anyone has a solution? This would help me a lot

Greets

Lendruil

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

(edited by Lendruil.9061)

Bluescreens

Posted by: Willis.1789

Willis.1789

Try searching online for a solution, and try re-installing GW2. Also, have you tried running Prime95 for stability on small fft/blend to detect any errors with your CPU?

Also, is your CPU OC’d? In this online OC guide, 0×124 means:
“BSOD Codes for LGA 1155 Ivy Bridge
0×124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT… have to test to see which one it is”
Reference: http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/complete-overclocking-guide-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-asrock-edition

(edited by Willis.1789)

Bluescreens

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

What CPU do you have and do you overclock it? Error 124 when overclocking my i7 930 means that my CPU wants more voltage running at whatever I had it set to. If you’re overclocking, up your voltage or decrease clock speed. If you are not overclocking, then I would head into your bios and turn off any power saving options.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Bluescreens

Lendruil.9061

Thank you for your replies!

i ran prime95, but not on small fft, i will try this. And i have a question to prime 95: How do i get results of the tests and how do i evaluate them?

I will reinstall GW2 this weekend, would be nice if the problems will be solved that easy

And concerning overclocking: I haven´t changed anything in hardware or bios since i bouht my laptop, and it was a new one.
How do i see if all voltage values are correct?

Also, could there be sth wrong with my internet because i once had also a bluescreen when i just was at the login screen, so i was connected to the server but the game was not started yet?

Bluescreens

Posted by: Guy Sintrail.8352

Guy Sintrail.8352

Resinstalling GW2 will very unlikely (almost 0 percent) solve a blue screen problem. Try running your fans on manual at100% both GPU and CPU and see what happens.

Note.. see you are running a laptop, make sure it’s on a hard surface and has plenty of airflow. This game is super taxing and will gobble up your GPU at 100% even at login especially on a laptop.

Bluescreens

Lendruil.9061

I checked CPU temperature with HWiNFO32 and it says temperature is always between 40 and 60 degree. GPU-temperature i didnt check, but i have an intel onboard graphic chip and also an Nvidia GeForce GT 325M. I ran the game with both graphiccards, and both times i had a bluescreen. So i guess the graphiccard isn´t the problem, is it?

prime95 runs since an hour now without errormessages, so i guess CPU will be fine.

I really despair, cause nothing i have tried has solved my problem^^

Edit: I just see i got a message of prime95:

worker3:
fatal error: rounding was 0.4677734375, expected less than 0.4
hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
torture test completed 10 tests in 48 minutes – 1 errors, 0 warnings
worker stopped

worker 4:
fatal error: rounding was 0.4765625, expected less than 0.4
hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
torture test completed 14 tests in 1 hour, 0 minutes – 1 errors, 0 warnings
worker stopped

What do this messages tell me?

Bluescreens

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

It means ur CPu isnt stable. Prime95 needs ot run for atleast 6 hours to be fairly sure of 100% stability . 12hours for deffinative answere.

Your CPU’s volltages are likely a tad on the low side. But since its a 124 BSOD it could also mean they r to high or that the VTT settings r off like the above posters said.

Get into the bios and start tweeking. be sure not to go mad with the voltage tweeks ..do them in small increments like 0.010v.

if the laptop is still new then i sugest going back to the manufacturer or retailer and get them to sort it out.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

(edited by SolarNova.1052)

Bluescreens

Lendruil.9061

Hey guys, thanks everyone who helped me, now i got the solution of my problem. I’ve updated BIOS and now everything works fine. Perhaps this will help someone at later time who has the same problem like me.

Bluescreens

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Lendruil, thank you very much for letting us know. We definitely leave the thread open so other players in the same situation can benefit from your solution. To the rest, thanks for your contributions!

Bluescreens

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

The updated BIOS likely had tweeked settings thus making the CPU stable. Glad to hear it worked.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Bluescreens

Posted by: Duranox.7259

Duranox.7259

i’m constantly suffering from BSOD when i start the game, error code 116, i’ve tried updating the drivers for everything and it doesn’t work.
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Ram: 8GB
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570