Bought HoT, haven't received anything

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ngalfar.3641

Ngalfar.3641

Just went through the process of buying Heart of Thorns Deluxe edition. After the purchase was done, it didn’t do anything.
No email with a purchase confirmation or a code or anything. The money has been sent from my bank account however.

How long does this typically take?

Posted by: Izbiq.1293

Izbiq.1293

This happened to me aswell just 20min ago…its so wierd.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I’d contact support. Link is at the top of the page.

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

Anet is doing Billing maintenance today. Expect a delay in confirmation emails until it’s finished. They posted a notice in Announcements.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Scheduled-Billing-Maintenance-May-15-2016

Ngalfar.3641

I did aswell, about 30 minutes. Nothing yet. Also nothing in my mailbox so far or anything.

Ngalfar.3641

Anet is doing Billing maintenance today. Expect a delay in confirmation emails until it’s finished. They posted a notice in Announcements.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Scheduled-Billing-Maintenance-May-15-2016

Why didn’t it say anything like that BEFORE i bought it? kitten ….

Ngalfar.3641

Purchases can still be placed and completed during this time window.

Still nothing, glad it’s not for myself.

Posted by: Seagulls of Terror.6987

Seagulls of Terror.6987

So here is the problem. I bought HOT last night from GW2 store and all fine. The email includes the serial code

I bought a copy for my son today same way. Finally got the email but it does NOT have the serial code. Exact same email as yesterday but not code..

Great job…

Posted by: Molyra.4389

Molyra.4389

Same problem as Seagulls has. Got the confirmation email, which states to contain a serial code. Only it is nowhere to be found.

Now what?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

QUOTE On Sunday, May 15, there will be a delay in receiving e-mail confirmation receipts due to scheduled maintenance with our billing provider. Purchases can still be placed and completed during this time window. This affects buy.guildwars2.com and store.guildwars.com purchases. There is no impact on the in-game Black Lion Trading Company.

The times are:
Start: 7:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
End: 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) END

As of my post, you still have 1 hour 15ish minutes

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Seagulls of Terror.6987

QUOTE On Sunday, May 15, there will be a delay in receiving e-mail confirmation receipts due to scheduled maintenance with our billing provider. Purchases can still be placed and completed during this time window. This affects buy.guildwars2.com and store.guildwars.com purchases. There is no impact on the in-game Black Lion Trading Company.

The times are:
Start: 7:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
End: 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) END

As of my post, you still have 1 hour 15ish minutes

Fair enough, but I GOT the confirmation email. It says the serial code is below and it is not. I have the one from last night. exact same email but in the area where the serial code is listed, it is missing.

So why would you send out the confirmation minus the hugely important part of having the serial code? I doubt they will just resend it..

Posted by: Molyra.4389

Molyra.4389

Still, same as Seagulls. I just made a ticket for it.

Posted by: Hamburger Jack.2543

Hamburger Jack.2543

Right. My friend also just bought the game. I’ve been encouraging her to do so for a week or so now.

She purchased FINE.

She has no REGISTRATION CODE in the EMAIL.

That should have nothing to do with System maintenance.

If she doesn’t have it in about thirty more minutes, I’m suggesting she get a refund.

This should not happen. I also researched this and found out last year, Anet had a lot of these cases.

Where is the thread where there’s a fix? Where are the assurances by Support?

I did not encourage my friend to get a game I’ve been playing since 2k12 plus the expansion to deal with this.

Ngalfar.3641

I think 6 hours is enough of patience. I could’ve bought it from any other third party service and have it in 10 minutes. This is just absolute horsecrap. Nothing to do with entitled, if i have to wait longer than getting it from retail, why make it available online?

Seagulls of Terror.6987

Folks, check your email again. Seeing new email from ANET coming in

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I think 6 hours is enough of patience. I could’ve bought it from any other third party service and have it in 10 minutes. This is just absolute horsecrap. Nothing to do with entitled, if i have to wait longer than getting it from retail, why make it available online?

So wait, 6 hours is “enough” when it was clearly posted on their forums that there would be downtime for 7 hours today?

First people complain Anet doesn’t post on their forums, but on Reddit. Now people complain that Anet posts on their forums and didn’t update the store (which, the reason they didn’t is most likely because….. that would take a lot more time for them to turn it on, and then make sure it’s turned off at the right now).

And if you really needed it so bad today, why didn’t you buy it yesterday? If you are in that much of a hurry to have it right now, why did you wait until today?

The post states when it’s over, and I bet it’ll take like 10-15 minutes to go through any backlog of orders during that window and send out the codes before PST’s dinner tonight.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

LOL—still mad at Anet, despite the fact the downtime was announced? Only 1 problem here and it’s not Anet.
2 thumbs up for Ellieanna and a few +1s