Bug: new character deleted on crash

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: murrdok.4597

murrdok.4597

A guildie of ours is on another server but guests on ours because it’s full. He only has one character. Every time he tries to create a new one, he plays for 5-10 minutes, then his computer crashed and the toon is deleted. This has happened 3 times in 2 weeks now.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Your guildie can try a -repair of the client, in case of corrupted file(s). Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Search (Repair)

Your guildie can contact the Tech CS Team for assistance. Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Submit a Request

Good luck.

murrdok.4597

He has tried contacting support but no response yet. I’ll let him know now to try to repair the client. fingers crossed

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Sorry but something can’t be right here. The characters a saved on ANets Servers,
and a client crash will never delete a character, since .. like i said .. they are saved
on the servers, and they will stay there and wait for you to login again.

Or does he mean he crashes while creating the character ? In that case of course
the character hasn’t been saved and so will be lost. But not if he actually has
created the character and start playing.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The character is saved on ANet servers while the introduction video plays (prior to loading into the tutorial instance).

I have NEVER seen a report of a character entering the Tutorial instance being “deleted”. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but I’ve been watching threads in this forum since Beta.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

murrdok.4597

youre right i searched all the forums for this, too. i have to get him to log in and explain it, but basically he creates a toon. then we play around with his new toon for a bit, then he crashes. when he logs back on its just not there. like, gone.

i searched the forums because this is just weird and i got nothing, which is why i created a thread.