Buying Gems with PayPal?

Buying Gems with PayPal?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Scott Cindershot.9817

Scott Cindershot.9817

Q:

[s]Ok, so real quick I just have a question regarding purchasing gems with PayPal.

I basically tried to pay through instant-bank transaction through paypal, but it just said “Merchant does not accept non-instant bank transactions”. So now I’m deciding if I should add money to my paypal from my bank, only question is: Will that work to buy gems via paypal?

I just want to know if it works that way too, because I’d rather not use debit/credit card.

EDIT: Ok so I have sent in a ticket regarding this issue the same day I made this thread. I was told it was escalated for further evaluation.
My bank is confirmed and my PayPal is verified, I am having issues now with wanting to put money into the PayPal account itself due to time (I don’t have 3-7 days to wait for transfer to the account for personal reasons).

I asked in my ticket and I’ll ask again here. I use Internet Explorer as my web browser; I get the feeling the transaction may be failing because of that reason. So perhaps if I use Chrome or Firefox for the purchase, maybe that will work?[/s]

EDIT2: Just received word from the ticket I submitted. It seems my PayPal was blocking the transactions, so it is an error on my end. I’ll try my best to resolve the issue with my PayPal. I am hoping I can still do a PayPal purchase through instant-bank transaction.

(edited by Scott Cindershot.9817)

Buying Gems with PayPal?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

I am not certain about this, so I’d be delighted if you update the thread if you learn more. What I’m wondering is: Maybe the “bank transfer” method of PayPal payment isn’t considered instant, because PayPal has to ping the bank and get the money transferred. On the other hand, a CC instantly pays the bill through PayPal. That may be the difference, but again, I’m not certain.

I can ask our team if you need me to do so!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Buying Gems with PayPal?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m confused. If it said it does not accept non-instant, then it does accept instant transactions. And you said you tried to do an instant transaction, but it did not work.

I’ve seen many people post about using Paypal, so I would assume the regular Paypal works.

For a definitive answer, you can always contact CS. Good luck.

Buying Gems with PayPal?

Scott Cindershot.9817

I’m confused. If it said it does not accept non-instant, then it does accept instant transactions. And you said you tried to do an instant transaction, but it did not work.

I’ve seen many people post about using Paypal, so I would assume the regular Paypal works.

For a definitive answer, you can always contact CS. Good luck.

Yeah it did confuse me to, but I tried it a couple times, just told me to hook up a debit/credit card instead.

Buying Gems with PayPal?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As I said, you can contact CS for assistance, should you so desire. Top of Page – Services/Support – Submit a Request.

Again, good luck.

Buying Gems with PayPal?

Posted by: qarinus.3869

qarinus.3869

I can vouch for gem purchases working with bank transfers; that’s usually how I pay for them, since I prefer not to use credit more often than I really must. I do have a credit card attached to my PayPal that’s set as a “failsafe” payment method in case a bank transfer fails somehow. If you don’t, perhaps that’s what’s causing it to fail?

Buying Gems with PayPal?

Posted by: Blind Jimmy.1634

Blind Jimmy.1634

Hmm, it has been a while, but I think in order for PayPal to allow “instant” transfers from your bank account they have to “confirm” your bank account in their terminology. Back in the old days this used to mean that they verified the account belonged to you by depositing two random amounts to your account, both less than $1, and you had to confirm the amounts. I seem to recall that more recently they had hooked up with Yodlee or Mint or something to allow a faster verification?

Anyways, I recommend going through your PayPal account profile (banks, email addresses, mailing addresses, etc.) and try to “confirm” as many things as you can and see if that solves the problem.

Buying Gems with PayPal?

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I pay by PayPal backed by a bank and no credit card and I can’t use it unless I pre-load my PayPal account with cash to cover it.

Buying Gems with PayPal?

Scott Cindershot.9817

Thank you all for your input, I’ve edited my OP.