Buying HoT from G2A

Buying HoT from G2A

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nedeus.8251

Nedeus.8251

I know about some sellers on that site being pretty shady and also heard of keys being revoked but never anything about GW2. The game is only 30€ over there and I’m in a pretty bad financial situation and every extra euro counts. Been playing almost since release and I’d really want to go on with the story. I want to support Anet so I’m not sure if any money goes to them if I were to get the game via G2A.

So am I risking getting my key revoked if I buy from G2A? I figured this is the best place to ask since there’s also the chance of getting an official response from Anet. Thanks!

Buying HoT from G2A

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There are many, many posts and threads about players having their accounts suspended or terminated that bought from 3rd party sites such as G2A.

You might consider buying from an authorized retailer or ArenaNet to avoid any unfortunate circumstances.

Good luck.

Buying HoT from G2A

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

No money goes to Arenanet if you purchase the game from a non-authorised reseller.
Buy the key from Arenanet directly, or look at the authorised sellers and purchase from one of them.

Buying HoT from G2A

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

G2A isn’t an authorized retailer for GW2. Any key you get from them was obtained either by fraudulent means or from people seeking to sell their accounts (which is against the terms of use). You’d be served far better to buy from ANet or an authorized retailer.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Buying HoT from G2A

Posted by: Nedeus.8251

Nedeus.8251

Thanks for the replies. I thought this was the case. Well then I’ll just save some more. Thanks.

Buying HoT from G2A

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

http://www.dlgamer.co.uk/download-guild_wars_2_heart_of_thorns-pc_games-p-29394.html

They’re an official retailer and much cheaper, less than £27.