Can I link 2 gw2 accounts without issues?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Cyan Hyperion.3479

Cyan Hyperion.3479

I just bought a second gw2 account.

Can I link the two accounts so that when I send items to the second account for storage that A-net does not think I’m selling items or something?

Or will it be safe to just have two separate accounts that sends items back and forth for storage?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can not link two GW2 accounts. You could write a little note with each sent item, or both join your personal guild and trade items through it. There should be no problem exchanging items between your two accounts.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The problems don’t seem to trigger with items so much as it does with large sums of money. Of you do get banned because of money transfers, you’ll get unbanned after you contact support and prove you own both accounts.

Small sums of money, under 100 gold, are probably no problem.

Posted by: Rabbi Rick.3194

Rabbi Rick.3194

Cyan,
I have had two accounts in both GW1 and GW2 for quite some time. I can assure you that simply sending items back and forth between the accounts is not an issue. I do it all the time (it’s a great way to get rid of inventory quickly while in the field of battle.) I also have a guild set up just for my two accounts; although it takes awhile, it’s a nice alternative way to exchange and store items for the two.

However, when I send gold between the two accounts, I always type a little note indicating that the exchange is between my own two accounts (it might help that both of my accounts have the same account name, just a different 4 digit number.)

Just my two coppers worth,

Rabbi Rick
Proud member of the Ring of 1000

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Anet has stated many times that they only suspend people after a GM looked after it. So when your transfering bigger sums off money or expensive items I would recommend adding a note explaining to the GM that this is between two accounts you own. They can easily check that and your note should draw their attention.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I just bought a second gw2 account.

Can I link the two accounts so that when I send items to the second account for storage that A-net does not think I’m selling items or something?

Or will it be safe to just have two separate accounts that sends items back and forth for storage?

There is no reason you cannot do this. We can’t link two GW2 accounts, but many players share between their accounts — it’s just fine.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet