Can "Windowed" mode cover whole screen?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: gtmach.7280

gtmach.7280

I like to use the trackpad to swap between apps and that works in “windowed” mode.

But the mac menu bar remains shown on top and it pushes the GW2 window down to the point where my skill bar is half shown.

Can this please be adjusted? Usually “windowed” mode gives you the entire screen but lets you swap out or minimize when needed.

Posted by: TactualRain.7109

TactualRain.7109

I’d like this as well, but for a different reason – I can’t run full screen because of the rather notorious OS X 1080i/1080p selection bug. At the moment I’m running it in 1600×900 which isn’t the greatest.

I’d settle for some way of forcing 1080p in fullscreen…

Posted by: Tuche.6719

Tuche.6719

Any solution to this?

Posted by: Tohato.5274

Tohato.5274

Cmd + Option + D will enable/disable the autohide feature of the dock. Since the dock is basically stuck at “always on top”, this is probably your best solution. Just hide dock when playing, and if you want it back during other stuff unhide it.

You’ll probably be using hotkeys more than clicking the skill bar anyways so having the dock pop up suddenly shouldn’t be a big issue.

Posted by: Gulch.6291

Gulch.6291

I run Fullscreen Windowed mode and I use dual monitors. Covers the whole screen.
No issues here.

Posted by: tsddave.2049

tsddave.2049

It seems to me that fullscreen windowed mode does not exist in this game. How are you doing this Gulch?

I think this feature really needs to be added asap!

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

I like to use the trackpad to swap between apps and that works in “windowed” mode.

But the mac menu bar remains shown on top and it pushes the GW2 window down to the point where my skill bar is half shown.

Can this please be adjusted? Usually “windowed” mode gives you the entire screen but lets you swap out or minimize when needed.

Obviously, an application running in a window can’t cover the Mac menu bar. If you want an application to use 100% of the screen and control the screen resolution, that’s one choice. If you want to have the screen shared by multiple applications in windows, that’s a second choice. You can’t have both.

I assume that your monitor has a maximum vertical resolution of 1080 pixels, which is why you run out of space when running the game in a window. (I run a 1920 × 1200 display and so can fit the game running at 1920 × 1080 into window that fits on my screen.)

Consider running the game at a smaller resolution that will fit in a window on your display. I suggest 1360 × 768 which will give you the same 16 : 9 “wide screen” ratio as 1920 × 1080 but in a smaller space.

Posted by: TactualRain.7109

TactualRain.7109

An application in a window can cover the Mac menu bar – at least, Diablo 3 manages this just fine. It has “fullscreen” mode with the notorious 1080p bug, but it also supports fullscreen-in-a-window. In this mode it appears to be fullscreen, but isn’t – but it overlays all other screen items.

I’d hazard that Blizzard do not have sorcerers working for them, so there is probably a technological, rather than magical, solution to this

Currently I’m running in a window, but it looks a bit nasty. The two most palatable solutions to this are probably to either:
1. Allow fullscreen-in-a-window like D3, or
2. Allow custom resolutions for running in a window (…or simply have the windowed resolutions take into account the doc and menu bar).

Posted by: Tanira.8157

Tanira.8157

Fullscreen windowed mode is not implemented in transgamings wrapper system and the only solution would be for GW2 to support custom resolution at the moment.

Posted by: Ragnir.9851

Ragnir.9851

How about using CMD + Tab in order to switch Apps? Works like a charm in Fullscreen Mode.

Posted by: Grahl.5796

Grahl.5796

I run a variety of games that work in “Full Screen Windowed” mode on the mac. I’m not sure as to the technical issues that some threads have mentioned, but this is a big boon for games like this so that one can interact with other windows while experiencing the fullness of the game. (TS, Vent, Safari, what have you…)

As this is the latest post I found searching this topic, I’d like to just throw in my 2c that this is a feature I would really like to see added to the Mac client.

Macbook Pro 2013 – OSX El Capitan
2.7G i7, 16GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GT 650M
https://support.apple.com/kb/SP669

Posted by: Korialstraz.8651

Korialstraz.8651

Anybody managed it by using a Plist editor and hiding the menu bar?