Can i get unbanned for hackers botting?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: NuttyLord.6329

NuttyLord.6329

Q:

I bought GW2 at launch and played it for only a few weeks. a few months ago it was hacked apparently =/ now i logged on like yesterday and i was banned for botting.

facedesk

i sent support a ticket and stuff but i just wanna know from the forum how likely it is that ill get my account back. i aint spending money on a new account. =/

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I bought GW2 at launch and played it for only a few weeks. a few months ago it was hacked apparently =/ now i logged on like yesterday and i was banned for botting.

facedesk

i sent support a ticket and stuff but i just wanna know from the forum how likely it is that ill get my account back. i aint spending money on a new account. =/

Hi,

I think it is very likely that you get your account back (considering you are right bout your claim being hacked).

Support can investigate the period off botting and likely can confirm your account was logged in from a different location. So it is something that in most circumstances can be verified.

If you logged in yourself after december 2012 you can also get an account restoration (before that there is no data known to know what to restore it too).

I also advise you to take a good look at your personal computer security. Hackers often have access to your email-account as well, and might have keyloggers installed. So please do a full security sweep and change your emailpassword and ask support to help you change the game password. Also make sure the passwords are different.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: NuttyLord.6329

NuttyLord.6329

facedesk

Hi,

I think it is very likely that you get your account back (considering you are right bout your claim being hacked).

Support can investigate the period off botting and likely can confirm your account was logged in from a different location. So it is something that in most circumstances can be verified.

If you logged in yourself after december 2012 you can also get an account restoration (before that there is no data known to know what to restore it too).

I also advise you to take a good look at your personal computer security. Hackers often have access to your email-account as well, and might have keyloggers installed. So please do a full security sweep and change your emailpassword and ask support to help you change the game password. Also make sure the passwords are different.

i got emails at one point saying that i had china logging in, and did a computer sweep then. if problems persist im changing everything. but thanks for the help

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

You’ll need to change everything regardless. They already have access to your account so at least a password change is in order.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

And if you get the account restoration done keep in mind anet wont do it again, so getting some additional security for your account such as using google auth is recommended.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We can help you with all that is mentioned above: Retrieving the account and getting it back to you, reviewing whether it’s eligible for an account restoration (if even needed), and fulfilling the restoration request, if made.

The team will respond as soon as they are able to do so.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It was posted in another thread that the account was returned, and had the bonus of a level 80 Necromancer, which was appreciated. So, all is well! =)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It was posted in another thread that the account was returned, and had the bonus of a level 80 Necromancer, which was appreciated. So, all is well! =)

Well, heck! NuttyLord, don’t make multiple posts — I can’t keep up!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet