Can not connect to my Guild Wars 1 Account

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rick.1546

Rick.1546

Q:

Hello,

I am trying to link my account GW1 account to my GW2, but if I do this through the website it says: ‘A server error has been encountered. Please wait a moment and try again.’. Once I login through the Guild Wars 1 Client it says my login name is not found. I’ve used this one since 2007, so I am sure it is the right one, I also still have the account creation e-mail in my inbox.

If I use different passwords on that GW1 account it just says wrong password. What is going on? My friend says I am still listed in the Guild View.

Both accounts carry the same e-mail address, I bought GW2 a few days ago.

Please help.

Rick

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Your best bet is to contact support and have them help you. Go to the support tab at the top of the page then go to ‘ask a question’ and fill out a ticket.

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I assume you are trying from this page

https://account.guildwars2.com/account/link

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

When is the last time you actually logged into your GW1 account? If you can’t log into it, then you need to get that sorted with support first as your account could have been hacked or suspended for some reason.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I agree that it would be best for you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you.

For tips on what information to provide in a ticket — mostly intended for security reasons to establish that you own the account — please read this post and provide as many suggested details as possible to expedite the ticket.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet